• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think hes coming up against an innings limit soon though. Usually teams dont let their starters go more than 20% more innings than the previous year.

It'll be interesting to see what the Tigers do with Fulmer.

Assuming that they intend to give him a 25% innings increase over 2015, and he continues averaging 6 IP/GS, they should shut him down after seven more starts. If those assumptions are correct, his last start will be on September 5th, leaving five starts for whoever they replace him with.

Of course, given Pizza Guy's desire to win a championship, I'm not sure the Tigers would shut him down if they're able to keep themselves in the AL Central race come September.

Allowing him to finish the season would put him somewhere in the 180-190 IP range, which would be a 50% increase over 2015, not to mention any playoff innings if the Tigers are able to qualify.

First, would his arm be able to handle that kind of load increase or would his pitching start to fade?

Secondly, an innings increase of that size definitely carries a risk of jeopardizing Fumler's 2017 and possibly beyond.

Like I said, with Illitich's desire to win, I think they could very well handle Fulmer's IP with a "don't spare the horses" approach.

We'll see.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucroy sure would be nice because of the huge hole at catcher- but something tells me that unless they can get him without giving up Zimmer, Frazier, Bradley, Aiken i doubt he goes...

Lucroy would be a massive upgrade at C for the Indians, but as it stands, he'd be a two-three month rental because he's a free agent after this year. Wouldn't want to give up too much for that unless it came with a team friendly extension.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah Verlander has gotten the Indians here or there- but for the most part they beat him up pretty bad.

Relative to the rest of baseball, they own him.

The Indians are the only team that he's got more than 100 IP against with an ERA over 4. The #2 team is the White Sox at 3.91. The Indians are at 4.70.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucroy would be a massive upgrade at C for the Indians, but as it stands, he'd be a two-three month rental because he's a free agent after this year. Wouldn't want to give up too much for that unless it came with a team friendly extension.
team option for 5 M next year....on lucroy...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
team option for 5 M next year....on lucroy...

I stand corrected. $5.25MM for 2017.

They need to work something out for him, but it better not include that walking fuck pole, Ryan Braun. I'd seriously consider rooting for another team if that piece of shit was an Indian.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need to work something out for him, but it better not include that walking fuck pole, Ryan Braun. I'd seriously consider rooting for another team if that piece of shit was an Indian.
Wow. You don't like Braun? I didn't know you were a fucking Anti-Semite

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will 100% GUARANTEE they don't lead the AL Central in runs scored. The Indians are going to win the division with pitching... Their offense is hot garbage. More than half of your lineup is going to be lucky to hit. 250 with 5 HR.

What a fucking meatball, huh @Marlins2003?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. You don't like Braun? I didn't know you were a fucking Anti-Semite

So are you a fan of Braun who tried to tell the nation he wasn't cheating the game of baseball only to get busted for using PED's? He's a fucking liar & a cheater.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox will have the best SLG% behind the Tigers. I will guarantee they will have a higher slg% than the indians, twins, and royals.

2016 SLG% to date

DET - .434
CLE - .433
MIN - .416
KCR - .401
CHW - .396

Holy fuck. Do this clown's guarantees suck, or what?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was aware. Adding the change up was huge for Fulmer. Keith Law projected him as a bullpen guy before this season.

This couldn't have been the first time he's ever tried the change up. Something clicked this time. Kudos to the coach or teammate or whatever that helped him. Kid's been nasty since.

Yeah -- i'm guessing any pitcher who has reached the MLB has tried out every pitch imaginable. So it wasn't brand new, but from what I read and what they have talked about on broadcasts of Tiger games -- they taught him a new grip the week of his 5th start against TB in his bullpen sessions and TB was the 1st game he used it and he has used it ever since.

I believe they said it was the pitching coach Jeff Jones who showed him the new grip. Whoever it was deserves a big raise, because it took his game to a whole new level and props to Fulmer for being able to pick it up so quickly and actually have the trust to use it in a game that quickly.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You sure about Lucroy? I'm almost positive I heard he is signed next year too? That is why they are looking to deal him, because they can get more for him now since he won't be a rental. I may have heard wrong though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I should have read the whole thread before posting -- disregard my last post.