• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these folks think they might snag a wild card spot.

Tiger's chances for postseason depend heavily, IMO, on Jordan Zimmermann. Detroit has two dependable starters in Verlander and Fulmer. The rest (Sanchez, Pelfrey, Boyd, Norris) are undependable due to some combination of injury, inexperience, or lack of talent. If Zimmermann returns and can join the JV/Fulmer group, that could be enough to push them into the thick of the Wild Card hunt, if not the AL Central title.
Of course, Cabrera could pinch a testicular nerve or VMart pop his knee cap into the first row of seats....and then the offense has to depend on Steven Moya and Andrew Romine. Thus forcing Avila Sr. and Brad Ausmus to spend time refreshing their resumes.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these folks think they might snag a wild card spot.
They have, what, ten games against Houston, Texas and Baltimore to go. Two of those will likely be WC contenders.

Can anybody really compare the Tigers to those three teams and put them on top? I don't think the O's have any parts to move for rental players right now but the other two sure do as do the Jays and Sox. I just can't see a scenario where the Tigers can keep up with four of those teams long enough to sneak in.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have, what, ten games against Houston, Texas and Baltimore to go. Two of those will likely be WC contenders.

Can anybody really compare the Tigers to those three teams and put them on top? I don't think the O's have any parts to move for rental players right now but the other two sure do as do the Jays and Sox. I just can't see a scenario where the Tigers can keep up with four of those teams long enough to sneak in.

Yeah, their schedule from here's a bit more difficult than the Indians'.

We'll see.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The scenario I see is that 2/3 of the season is over and the top 9 teams are still only separated by 6.5 games. A couple of teams getting hot, a couple getting cold, an unexpected winning streak against "better" teams....maybe even a torrid Zach McAllister or Darwin Barney, or Mike Pelfrey could change the whole thing around. Hell, even doug could be right!!!!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still a lot of baseball. We were talking about it on another thread - in 2011, the Red Sox and Braves blew 11 game leads in September.

Personally, I think the Indians are in a decent position. Measured by run differential, they're by far the best team in the Central, but I'm not ready to count any team out except the Twins.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's still a lot of baseball. We were talking about it on another thread - in 2011, the Red Sox and Braves blew 11 game leads in September.

Personally, I think the Indians are in a decent position. Measured by run differential, they're by far the best team in the Central, but I'm not ready to count any team out except the Twins.
Indians are in a position where they can just make strategic trades to lengthen their bullpen and/or address offense at catcher. Their outlook within the division the next couple of the years looks solid too. Good position to be in.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody brian..you can't see????
Keep watching little fella. It will be clearer to you with every game from now till october. Word

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cain reactivated today. Eibner sent down. My Paulo Orlando hatred has only increased 10 fold now. Eibner was doing quite well as a shorthand platoon OF'er.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of getting swept by the Astros and thus selling at the deadline? I do, indeed.
Sorry. Swept by the astros??? You got that one wron jimmy.
Tigers breaking one off in the Astros right now. You should Have Said TIGERS Sweep THE Astros.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'am thinking 3.5 after tonight.
Boy I shore nuff called that right.
Tigers ready to push indians to the side. I admit earlier and easier than I thought.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'am thinking 3.5 after tonight.
Boy I shore nuff called that right.
Tigers ready to push indians to the side. I admit earlier and easier than I thought.

Don't let people laugh at you doug.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians taking it in the pooper tonight from those light hitting As
BAWWWWWWHAAAAA

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians are in a position where they can just make strategic trades to lengthen their bullpen and/or address offense at catcher. Their outlook within the division the next couple of the years looks solid too. Good position to be in.
Moose. Dude. Pass that stuff this way...I want to try it.

Indians free falling. And you say indians in good position for years to come. Did the last time they won in 1948 swing your thinking???

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moose. Dude. Pass that stuff this way...I want to try it.

Indians free falling. And you say indians in good position for years to come. Did the last time they won in 1948 swing your thinking???

I don't think you're in a position to talk about other team's ring droughts.