• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See doug? When you don't do a little checking, your detractors find you easy prey. Three of Verlander's worst outings came against the Indians. So your protests about the "knocking" of JV, fell right into the lap of Tribe fans who used it against you. Try to start thinking ahead a bit, instead of just blurting out the first thing that comes into your head.

Taking continual slaps to the face is not needed to prove you are a Tiger fan.
Yes 3 outings against the indians. Oh wait. He will face the indians again. When he breaks one off in them..how you going to spin that iffy/slinky???.
Unless the first half of season is all that matters..that and base stealing.
BAWWWWWWHAAAAA

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy. You don't start the parade in july. When it's late August and Verlander is on the mound. You think it matters that the indians squeezing out a string of bloop hits in April or may????

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to cancel the rest of the season & the post season & hand that World Series trophy over to the Tigers. It's obvious they're the best team in baseball.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wamu...I like the way you think. But...got to played it out. Still a chance the AL East might give us a run for our money. Plus. The NL team could possibly put up some kind of a fight. It ain't over till it's over...or until all of iffy old girlfriends sings

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people outside of tigers fans realize -- Fulmer didn't come up and start dominating. He only had two pitches he could use and while teams didn't tee off on him. He gave up 14 ER in his first 4 starts. After the Baltimore game, they got him to add a change up to give him another pitch to keep hitters off balance and guessing more. He worked on the change up in between starts and used it against TB and ever since, he has been the best pitcher on Detroit. He has given up 13 ER over his next 12 starts, including a 30+ inning stretch with no runs allowed.

With learning how to use the change up -- I don't think we see any of the success like we have from Fulmer. I think he'd be solid, but not putting up #1 starter numbers.

out of Norris, Boyd, Fulmer had the best SO/W ratio thoughout his career and has almost accomplished the same number in the majors. He still had the best chance out of the 3 to be a stud.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy. You don't start the parade in july. When it's late August and Verlander is on the mound. You think it matters that the indians squeezing out a string of bloop hits in April or may????

Doug, your a Tigers fan and a Red Wings fan, the only parades you see are in July

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of Norris, Boyd, Fulmer had the best SO/W ratio thoughout his career and has almost accomplished the same number in the majors. He still had the best chance out of the 3 to be a stud.
He already IS a stud.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said that about Kris Medlen, Mark Prior, Dontrelle Willis once too...have to wait to see how he bounces back after TJ.
One of these years you're gonna convince somebody to visit Dr. Andrews Pro-Actively.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of these years you're gonna convince somebody to visit Dr. Andrews Pro-Actively.

I think they all ready are as many HS kids I hear of getting them done, read the other day one was getting one done after being drafted and before he started his 1st pro game, lol.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just waiting to hear some parent getting one done to their son in little league, it will make national news when it happens.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they all ready are as many HS kids I hear of getting them done, read the other day one was getting one done after being drafted and before he started his 1st pro game, lol.
Couple three weeks ago, on local radio they had an Orthopedic saw bones on. Said he's done numerous ACL and TJs on kids that weren't even in high school.

Fastballs and changeups man... all you need. Little League World Series is closing in. Great time for people to watch adults that care waaaay too much bout results from little kids.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medlen was only really good for like 138 innings (and 2013, I guess).

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually. Out of the three, Boyd has, by far, the best numbers in the minors. 4 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio and a 1.01 WHIP for his 3 seasons. What he doesn't have is, the power arm that Norris and Fulmer have where you can make a mistake in the MLB and get away with it.

Fulmer didn't have have the change up he added at the MLB level though, that he has now.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people outside of tigers fans realize -- Fulmer didn't come up and start dominating. He only had two pitches he could use and while teams didn't tee off on him. He gave up 14 ER in his first 4 starts. After the Baltimore game, they got him to add a change up to give him another pitch to keep hitters off balance and guessing more. He worked on the change up in between starts and used it against TB and ever since, he has been the best pitcher on Detroit. He has given up 13 ER over his next 12 starts, including a 30+ inning stretch with no runs allowed.

With learning how to use the change up -- I don't think we see any of the success like we have from Fulmer. I think he'd be solid, but not putting up #1 starter numbers.

I was aware. Adding the change up was huge for Fulmer. Keith Law projected him as a bullpen guy before this season.

This couldn't have been the first time he's ever tried the change up. Something clicked this time. Kudos to the coach or teammate or whatever that helped him. Kid's been nasty since.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes 3 outings against the indians. Oh wait. He will face the indians again. When he breaks one off in them..how you going to spin that iffy/slinky???.
Unless the first half of season is all that matters..that and base stealing.
BAWWWWWWHAAAAA

No, it's in his whole career, Doug. Indians have always smacked him around. His career ERA is 3.52. His career ERA against the Indians is 4.70.

It's so bad that when he comes to town, the Indians players run a train on Kate Upton and Justin thanks them for it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fullmer's first 3 starts that guy was talking about where all against pretty good hitting teams and I think they were all on the road as well....since those 3 games he has been pretty brilliant.

I would think hes coming up against an innings limit soon though. Usually teams dont let their starters go more than 20% more innings than the previous year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AT least the tribe is really the only team in the division that is in good position to add to the team in the next couple days...

plus...IF Brantley comes back and can get going that will without a doubt be the best hitter that we could add to the lineup- trade market or not.

Lucroy sure would be nice because of the huge hole at catcher- but something tells me that unless they can get him without giving up Zimmer, Frazier, Bradley, Aiken i doubt he goes...

id give em Sheffield and Meija and some more depth...but i just dont know if that will be enough.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's in his whole career, Doug. Indians have always smacked him around. His career ERA is 3.52. His career ERA against the Indians is 4.70.

It's so bad that when he comes to town, the Indians players run a train on Kate Upton and Justin thanks them for it.
yah Verlander has gotten the Indians here or there- but for the most part they beat him up pretty bad.