• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are already planning on pushing starts back and with Daniel Norris almost ready to return -- I can see Norris and Boyd getting a few of his starts to give him extra rest. Fulmer has said he feels fine and doesn't need a lighter workload, but also said his job is to take the ball whenever the team asks him to pitch, so if they feel it is best to limit his innings, he is fine with that too.
Crazy how much adding that change up has changed his value. Norris and Boyd were supposed to be better prospects Detroit got last year for David Price. But Fulmer has been unreal. Until giving up a 3 run homer against the CWS. He had went 10 straight starts giving up 2 runs or less. Damnimpressive for a 23 year old, who learned how to throw the change up he is using after he was called up to play in Detroit

He's been great, that's for sure. There have also been quite a few scientific studies that concluded that the Verducci Effect does not exist, so maybe an innings limit won't bother him.

For his sake, I hope it works out.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has me puzzled is why Detroit hasn't made a big trade? A Tiger fan from South Mexico informed us that the Tiger farm system was stocked with desirable players that other teams would jump at if offered in trade. I recall the names Machado and Moya mentioned along with soon to be HOF Hernan Perez. I was wondering WHEN these valuable pieces ''Mr. South Mexico'' raved on would be used in getting Detroit an ace pitcher or top-of-the-line relief pitcher?

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to trade.....besides. pushing the indians to the side will be the easy part. It's the play offs Tigers have to worry about

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying I think the Indians are shitty, I just don't think they're the juggernaut their record might imply. They've capitalized on playing weak teams in their division by going 30-13, including 11-1 against a particularly shitty Tigers team.

I see the Indians in the same light that I saw the 2015 Mets. A decent team in a weak division. How about that, @Used 2 B Hu?

Of course, the 2015 Mets made it to the World Series and anything can happen in the playoffs, so I'm excited about where the Indians are. It'd be sweet to see Cubs fans' misery continue at the hands of the Tribe.
Ok homer. You won't say Indiana are shitty. I will. They are SHITTY!!! I called it 2 weeks ago. Where's my shout out? Call me right..again

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree with you the Royals are a better base running team than the Tigers.. but the Indians ARE NOT.

2016 Stolen Bases
CLE - 71
DET - 43

2016 Caught Stealing
CLE - 18
DET - 17

2016 SB%
CLE - 80%
DET - 72%

That guy was an impressive fountain of stupidity.

laugh-hysterically.gif

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok homer. You won't say Indiana are shitty. I will. They are SHITTY!!! I called it 2 weeks ago. Where's my shout out? Call me right..again

Doug, I will leave you alone. Perhaps I should even apologize. It is getting obvious that you are dealing with problems that leave you at a disadvantage. Memory, comprehension, lack of knowledge, dealing with reality all seem to be things that abandon you at times. The Bo Schembechler story put it in focus for me. Best of luck and keep cheering for the Tigers.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Doug. Common sense tells you that if one team is SHITTY. Then any team below them in the standings must be what? SHITTIER????

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh iffy. You butt hurt?? After I showed you up yesterday. I'am just trying to school you

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been great, that's for sure. There have also been quite a few scientific studies that concluded that the Verducci Effect does not exist, so maybe an innings limit won't bother him.

For his sake, I hope it works out.

In all honesty -- I'd rather they are cautious with his innings limit. He is more important to Detroit than this season. The stars would have to align for Detroit to make a deep playoff run, with or without him.

I know it is rather impressive how he keeps his pitch count down and goes deep into games. He has only hit 100 pitches 3 times this year, I believe. In July, he has averaged almost 7 IP per start and has thrown anywhere from 86-96 pitches in his 5 starts.

If they do pull him out of the rotation -- Detroit isn't making the playoffs. Him and Verlander have carried the rotation. If it weren't for Cleveland -- Verlander would be in the Cy Young conversation. Verlander is 10-4 with a 2.80 ERA in 19 starts, if you remove the last two Cleveland starts (9 2/3 IP 15 ER) They just have the Tigers number this year.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know stolen bases are the #1 factor to winning rings. Right slinky

Let me see if I can help you doug.

You see, slinky was referring to something miamivice once said about the Indians not being very good on thhe basebaths (Stolen Bases). So he put up some stats showing that miamivice's statement was incorrect. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH WINNING WORLD SERIES RINGS!

Do you see your mistake and why slinky answered you the way he did?

BTW. ESL stands for English as a Second Language. (Or perhaps in some cases Extremely Slow Learner)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are already planning on pushing starts back and with Daniel Norris almost ready to return -- I can see Norris and Boyd getting a few of his starts to give him extra rest. Fulmer has said he feels fine and doesn't need a lighter workload, but also said his job is to take the ball whenever the team asks him to pitch, so if they feel it is best to limit his innings, he is fine with that too.
Crazy how much adding that change up has changed his value. Norris and Boyd were supposed to be better prospects Detroit got last year for David Price. But Fulmer has been unreal. Until giving up a 3 run homer against the CWS. He had went 10 straight starts giving up 2 runs or less. Damnimpressive for a 23 year old, who learned how to throw the change up he is using after he was called up to play in Detroit
Boyd was more highly regarded than Fulmer?

I thought he was somewhat of a throw in on the Price deal?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boyd has/had dominated triple A. Has a 1.86 ERA over his last almost 200 IP. Fulmer was rated highly too, but had not pitched above Double A, when we acquired him. Fulmer was the pitcher of the year in Double A last year when we traded for him.

All three guys were highly regarded prospects. The crazy part is -- Fulmer was ranked as the 3rd or 4th best SP prospect for the Mets behind Matz and Wheeler, not even including Syndegaard, DeGrom, Harvey. The Mets have drafted some great pitching prospects.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't positive on my response and wanted to look where all were ranked when we traded Price and Cespedes. The highest ranked prospect by a lot was Daniel Norris. They didn't give exact rankings, but baseball America said he was a top 50 prospect.

Boyd and Fulmer fell into the category of just missed the top 100 prospects in baseball, but were both in the top 10 for their organizations. They seemed to talk more highly of Fulmer, but they were pretty in the rankings it seems. I think the throw in for the Price trade was the low A pitcher who I think we've traded already. Can't remember his name. Think he struck out a lot of guys but had major control issues.