• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes we can add.
JD. zimmy subtract sanchez

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug, I know adding facts only makes your head spin, but I have a couple...

1. Did you realize that Detroit is only 2.5 games out of a Wild Card spot?

2. Did you know that out of the 6 second place teams in their divisions, Detroit is the team farthest behind the first place team. (Except the Cardinals and the Cubs)

BTW....while Detroit is capable of catching Cleveland, my worry is, that in the next few days, the Tribe will add someone like Jonathan LuCroy, Jay Bruce, or even Andrew Miller of the Yankees. Meanwhile, the Tigers will not be able to add anyone from outside the organization to help. Man...wouldn't Chapman, Miller, or even Jeanmar Gomez of the Phillies been a nice add to the Tiger bullpen. Luckily they have Mark Lowe!!!!
So. Out of 6 divisions. Only 2 are farther back?
What the hell you think that matter. Only 3 are closer to the division leaders chew on that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug, I know adding facts only makes your head spin, but I have a couple...

1. Did you realize that Detroit is only 2.5 games out of a Wild Card spot?

2. Did you know that out of the 6 second place teams in their divisions, Detroit is the team farthest behind the first place team. (Except the Cardinals and the Cubs)

BTW....while Detroit is capable of catching Cleveland, my worry is, that in the next few days, the Tribe will add someone like Jonathan LuCroy, Jay Bruce, or even Andrew Miller of the Yankees. Meanwhile, the Tigers will not be able to add anyone from outside the organization to help. Man...wouldn't Chapman, Miller, or even Jeanmar Gomez of the Phillies been a nice add to the Tiger bullpen. Luckily they have Mark Lowe!!!!
While Detroit won't be making any crazy trades to add players -- they have JD Martinez coming back and Jordan Zimmerman -- both who have been out for quite a while now. Plus, they seem to have figured out what was up with Rondon's mechanics as he is back throwing 100 and 101 again.

So I agree Clevelabd can make a splash trade to upgrade. Detroit will be adding talent that have been lost to injuries. Still think Cleveland is the team to beat in the AL Central, but Detroit is actually doing better than I expected them to this year.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Cleveland is the team to beat. Tigers shall beat them like red headed step children.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing Gallo or Profar in Kansas City next week.

not Gallo please, he won't make it even as a Royal, he will tear the heart out of a teams fans. Would take Ryan Rua over Gallo.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not Gallo please, he won't make it even as a Royal, he will tear the heart out of a teams fans. Would take Ryan Rua over Gallo.
I have to say though, with the scoring enviornment being a lot more homer happy as of late, a much needed power boost from Gallo looks awfully enticing. Those strikeouts are quite the turnoff; could strikeout 40% of the time potentially.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. Out of 6 divisions. Only 2 are farther back?
What the hell you think that matter. Only 3 are closer to the division leaders chew on that.

Shut up doug. You know nothing about MLB. Spouting silly homer comments does not prove you know squat. You don't have a clue what is going on outside of Detroit.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Detroit won't be making any crazy trades to add players -- they have JD Martinez coming back and Jordan Zimmerman -- both who have been out for quite a while now. Plus, they seem to have figured out what was up with Rondon's mechanics as he is back throwing 100 and 101 again.

So I agree Clevelabd can make a splash trade to upgrade. Detroit will be adding talent that have been lost to injuries. Still think Cleveland is the team to beat in the AL Central, but Detroit is actually doing better than I expected them to this year.

Be aware that Detroit was NOT doing that well when JD Martinez and Zimmermann were healthy. In fact, Zimmermann looked awful in a lot of his starts after April. And JD wasn't matching his 2015 season either. I'd think Tiger fans would be doing cartwheels if they were able to add a Chapman or Miller to their shaky pen. But DD cleaned out the system before he left. As for Rondon...."life is like a box of chocolates"

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up doug. You know nothing about MLB. Spouting silly homer comments does not prove you know squat. You don't have a clue what is going on outside of Detroit.
Iffy. Do you know how to read the standings?? There is 3 teams farther from the division leaders. Not 2.
So spin that again
BSWWWWHAWWWWE

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be aware that Detroit was NOT doing that well when JD Martinez and Zimmermann were healthy. In fact, Zimmermann looked awful in a lot of his starts after April. And JD wasn't matching his 2015 season either. I'd think Tiger fans would be doing cartwheels if they were able to add a Chapman or Miller to their shaky pen. But DD cleaned out the system before he left. As for Rondon...."life is like a box of chocolates"
JD Martinez started slow, but was still putting up numbers comparable to last year, by getting hot before he was injured. He has an OPS of .878 this year, it was .879 last year. OPS+ was 140 last year. It is 137 right now. This is with an extremely slow start too.

As far as Zimmerman -- going thru a tough stretch is nothing new for him. He is either lights out or gets hammered. He is a monster upgrade over anyone he replaces in the rotation though.

And bullpen help would be great. But closer is the furthest from our problems. Rodriguez has been great in save situations. Shane Greene has been looking really good as the 8th inning guy. It is the 7th inning I'm worried about if a starter leaves early.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Red Sox sports talk is so awesome.

Doug is unbiased in comparison.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Cleveland is the team to beat. Tigers shall beat them like red headed step children.

You sure live in an odd fantasy world. The Indians are 11-1 (winning 11 in a row) vs. the Tigers. Have outscored them 79-36, shut them out twice & have held them to 1 R in 3 other games. The Tribe own the Tigers this year.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland has to be hearing foot steps now. It is only 4.5 games back for the Tigers

At this point, I'm pretty well convinced there aren't any good teams in the AL Central, and it's still any team's division. Well, except the Twins.

Yes, the Tigers have shortened the Indians' lead to 4.5 games, but looking at the division from a different perspective, the Tigers are closer to the Royals in the standings (4 games ahead) than they are to the Indians.

This could get interesting. We'll see.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At some point, the Indians should get Brantley, their best hitter, back. Plus any move they may be able to add in the next few days.