• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(2) At this point, I'm pretty well convinced there aren't any good teams in the AL Central, and it's still any team's division. Well, except the Twins.

Yes, the Tigers have shortened the Indians' lead to 4.5 games, but looking at the division from a different perspective, the Tigers are closer to the Royals in the standings (4 games ahead) than they are to the Indians.

(1) This could get interesting. We'll see.

This is only going to get interesting if we can solve the Indians.

The Indians are 4.5 games ahead and it's almost August, I would think that would make them a pretty good team. All this is without Brantley. I ain't giving you guys the division by a long shot, but the Indians have been more than respectful this year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I'm pretty well convinced there aren't any good teams in the AL Central, and it's still any team's division. Well, except the Twins.

Yes, the Tigers have shortened the Indians' lead to 4.5 games, but looking at the division from a different perspective, the Tigers are closer to the Royals in the standings (4 games ahead) than they are to the Indians.

This could get interesting. We'll see.
I think it will be interesting, but don't see anyone catching the Indians. Detroit has to play Cleveland 7 or 8 more times. Cleveland has their number this year. Detroit is like 16 games over .500 against the rest of the MLB and 1-10 or 1-11 against Cleveland.

I just want Detroit to play well enough to stay close and make the last couple months interesting and possibly get a wild card spot.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, the Indians should get Brantley, their best hitter, back. Plus any move they may be able to add in the next few days.
I agree. I don't think anyone saw Cleveland's offense turning into what it has thus far. Mike Napoli and Rajah Davis were under the radar additions, but they have been huge for Cleveland. Add in Jose Ramirez and it has given Cleveland's lineup depth, as well as power and speed.

With Brantley, I'm kind of in a wait and see approach, as he has been hurt for quite some time and it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get back to the player he could be. If he comes back and is Brantley of 2014 -- the Indians will have an even more potent lineup. He missed 25 games last year and all but 11 games this year, so he is going to be rusty and may not be the same player as before. If he is 2014 Brantley, Cleveland could run away with the division

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see what the Tigers do with Fulmer.

Assuming that they intend to give him a 25% innings increase over 2015, and he continues averaging 6 IP/GS, they should shut him down after seven more starts. If those assumptions are correct, his last start will be on September 5th, leaving five starts for whoever they replace him with.

Of course, given Pizza Guy's desire to win a championship, I'm not sure the Tigers would shut him down if they're able to keep themselves in the AL Central race come September.

Allowing him to finish the season would put him somewhere in the 180-190 IP range, which would be a 50% increase over 2015, not to mention any playoff innings if the Tigers are able to qualify.

First, would his arm be able to handle that kind of load increase or would his pitching start to fade?

Secondly, an innings increase of that size definitely carries a risk of jeopardizing Fumler's 2017 and possibly beyond.

Like I said, with Illitich's desire to win, I think they could very well handle Fulmer's IP with a "don't spare the horses" approach.

We'll see.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians are 4.5 games ahead and it's almost August, I would think that would make them a pretty good team. All this is without Brantley. I ain't giving you guys the division by a long shot, but the Indians have been more than respectful this year.

I'm not saying I think the Indians are shitty, I just don't think they're the juggernaut their record might imply. They've capitalized on playing weak teams in their division by going 30-13, including 11-1 against a particularly shitty Tigers team.

I see the Indians in the same light that I saw the 2015 Mets. A decent team in a weak division. How about that, @Used 2 B Hu?

Of course, the 2015 Mets made it to the World Series and anything can happen in the playoffs, so I'm excited about where the Indians are. It'd be sweet to see Cubs fans' misery continue at the hands of the Tribe.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy. Do you know how to read the standings?? There is 3 teams farther from the division leaders. Not 2.
So spin that again
BSWWWWHAWWWWE

Iffy said that the Indians' 4.5 game division lead is the second largest in MLB, which it is.

I'm not sure what "there is 3 teams farther from the division leaders" means. Frankly, I'm not sure it's English. Are you ESL? Maybe you're Vice's wife?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Milwaukee dominating the AL Central this year? Can I taunt all you guys?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked him for gettin up in Harpers grill.

Like not hating Cole Hamels for a bit.

That's about it.

I loved it when, after Hamels pulled that bush league shit on Harper, Harper just put his nose down, took 3rd on a single and then stole home on Hamels. Good stuff.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Red Sox sports talk is so awesome.

Doug is unbiased in comparison.

You ever heard Hawk Harrelson call a game? That shit is the worst. He's like a homerific, white trash country boy in a city - the perfect broadcaster for the Jerry Springer Guests of Baseball.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever heard Hawk Harrelson call a game? That shit is the worst. He's like a homerific, white trash country boy in a city - the perfect broadcaster for the Jerry Springer Guests of Baseball.
When I finally do murder him, I'm going to mutter "He gone"

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YYYYYyeeEESSS!

YYYYyyyeeeEES!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iffy said that the Indians' 4.5 game division lead is the second largest in MLB, which it is.

I'm not sure what "there is 3 teams farther from the division leaders" means. Frankly, I'm not sure it's English. Are you ESL? Maybe you're Vice's wife?
Dude...

Doug exists.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny part is the Royals are being projected to be shittier in runs scored than the Indians and they clearly have a better lineup.

Runs Scored to date

CLE - 486
KCR - 395

What a tard that MiamiVice guy was.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see what the Tigers do with Fulmer.

Assuming that they intend to give him a 25% innings increase over 2015, and he continues averaging 6 IP/GS, they should shut him down after seven more starts. If those assumptions are correct, his last start will be on September 5th, leaving five starts for whoever they replace him with.

Of course, given Pizza Guy's desire to win a championship, I'm not sure the Tigers would shut him down if they're able to keep themselves in the AL Central race come September.

Allowing him to finish the season would put him somewhere in the 180-190 IP range, which would be a 50% increase over 2015, not to mention any playoff innings if the Tigers are able to qualify.

First, would his arm be able to handle that kind of load increase or would his pitching start to fade?

Secondly, an innings increase of that size definitely carries a risk of jeopardizing Fumler's 2017 and possibly beyond.

Like I said, with Illitich's desire to win, I think they could very well handle Fulmer's IP with a "don't spare the horses" approach.

We'll see.

They are already planning on pushing starts back and with Daniel Norris almost ready to return -- I can see Norris and Boyd getting a few of his starts to give him extra rest. Fulmer has said he feels fine and doesn't need a lighter workload, but also said his job is to take the ball whenever the team asks him to pitch, so if they feel it is best to limit his innings, he is fine with that too.
Crazy how much adding that change up has changed his value. Norris and Boyd were supposed to be better prospects Detroit got last year for David Price. But Fulmer has been unreal. Until giving up a 3 run homer against the CWS. He had went 10 straight starts giving up 2 runs or less. Damnimpressive for a 23 year old, who learned how to throw the change up he is using after he was called up to play in Detroit