• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree about Omar's defense. Even if he is a great defender, it's not going to nearly be good enough to outweigh his offense, arguably the worst of any everyday 2B. We're still talking about a replacement value, or worse, player. An AAAA player in Whit Merrifield even is getting looks and can fill really any position minus catcher/pitcher. That for me raises all kinds of alarms. Ned has already said he has wanted to curtail Omar's playing time to keep him "fresh." Cuthbert being sent down to add "versatility" at 2nd base pretty much says to me Omar's time as a starter are numbered. Either Colon, Dozier, or Cuthbert or a trade will bench him relatively soon in the season.

I have to say though @da55bums was right about Omar from the get go. Have to eat crow on that contract.
I'm not against finding another 2nd baseman. We have several to choose from Cuthbert, Colon, and Whitfield. They just don't have the experience that's all. I'm all for committing to another 2nd baseman. I'm just explaining what I believe to be Ned Yost's position. He feels that Infante is easily the best defensive player of the bunch and most experienced. And believe it or not he hits pretty good with runners in scoring position. They want to go into the postseason similar to the last couple of years: with great defense, speed on basepaths, and an incredible bullpen. And guess what, infante and his sub 2.50 average but very good defense was there the last 2 years. If its really that broke we fix it, but if its not we don't. Its up to Yost.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Infant has a head of a alien.... it should be investagated...a X File

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game so far.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 -1. Blues let them score to fast

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was swimming at Miami beach and I went pretty deep and let go of a log, thinking nobody will ever know. Then friends saw something and got curious and swam out to see what was floating. Thinking it was a stick, one of them picked it up and screamed "Its Poop!". I was so proud.

I hear what you're saying, MiamiVice........floating poop is nothing to joke about.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sleep walked into my closet once and pissed in my clothes hamper. The broad in my bed yelled at me, "Slinky! You're peeing on your clothes!" Apparently my drunken answer was, "don't worry, baby, they're dirty."

You're like my long lost fraternity brother........I can relate to your urine and feces fiasco's.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmy going for tigers today.
Tigers take this series.
Turn the page

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @craigk217, how about a week long avi bet on the series?

If the Indians win, I get to pick your avi for a week.

If the Jerry Springer Guests of Baseball win, I'll sport any avi you chose that won't get me banned for a week.

What do you say?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @craigk217, how about a week long avi bet on the series?

If the Indians win, I get to pick your avi for a week.

If the Jerry Springer Guests of Baseball win, I'll sport any avi you chose that won't get me banned for a week.

What do you say?
:thumb:

We gotta stop this crashin & burnin sooner or later. Cleveland series would be a good place to start.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb:

We gotta stop this crashin & burnin sooner or later. Cleveland series would be a good place to start.

I think the pitching matchups favor you homos anyway.

So, are we a go with the bet?

Also, it's a 4-game series, so if they split, do we go our separate ways or do we want a tie-breaker, like total runs scored?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pitching matchups favor you homos anyway.

So, are we a go with the bet?

Also, it's a 4-game series, so if they split, do we go our separate ways or do we want a tie-breaker, like total runs scored?
Where I come from a :thumb: = agreement, you're on.

The 'unknowns' we got goin in today's games are a total crap shoot. Last time this Erik Johnon got brought up, he got his ass rawked. All Sox fans were in unanimous agreement NEVER to see this guy again ... he was hurrible. That said, I hope I eat my words in Game 2.

If we split ... we split ... go separate ways, I say, until next series.

DON'T STOP NOW BOYZZZ!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I come from a :thumb: = agreement, you're on.

The 'unknowns' we got goin in today's games are a total crap shoot. Last time this Erik Johnon got brought up, he got his ass rawked. All Sox fans were in unanimous agreement NEVER to see this guy again ... he was hurrible. That said, I hope I eat my words in Game 2.

If we split ... we split ... go separate ways, I say, until next series.

DON'T STOP NOW BOYZZZ!

Well, I'd tell you good luck, but I wouldn't mean it, so I won't.

I will tell you that I'm sporting this pic of a Red Sox faglette because I lost the bet on the weekend series, so should the Tribe lose, I'll start your payment next Monday.