• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I guess I was "served". :pound:
BTW...did you ever figure out and comprehend that you really aren't helping the Phillies win (or lose) by studying the stats put out by Fangraphs. I really felt sorry for you when I read that particular post of yours.
Except I did explain how fans do affect real-life baseball outcomes.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston, only score 2 more runs. I took the under

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, good one! The logical retort to a claim is not attempting to refute it, i.e., proving that wins and low ERA's are directly proportional, no, it's saying that someone throws like a girl. I wish I could be as witty as you:L

I share you wish that I could be so witty. I usually have to wait for the game to be over before I acknowledge someone as the victor. Omar, we are out of step here on the SportsHoopla. To be cool you must pick on those who can't defend themselves, make negative claims about a team you say your a fan for and treat just about everyone poorly. For this type of disorder ... I pray.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I share you wish that I could be so witty. I usually have to wait for the game to be over before I acknowledge someone as the victor. Omar, we are out of step here on the SportsHoopla. To be cool you must pick on those who can't defend themselves, make negative claims about a team you say your a fan for and treat just about everyone poorly. For this type of disorder ... I pray.
I always thought that when posting on a forum, you have to have some level of intelligence about said topic. For example, I just dabble in comic books, so when I post on my comic book forum, I let everyone know that I am a novice and not as knowledgable about it as others who take it seriously and spend a lot of time research/exposing themselves to the topic. I guess others are content with being ignorant, and then rambling on about throwing like a girl or something when they have no evidence to support their illogical claims.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ye of little faith... how can you judge him on the 2nd start of season? Cold.against the good hitting pirates.....how did price do in play offs?

How did Verlander do in the playoffs last year?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voltaire found himself a little buddy...

I am glad for you Voltaire. I know it has been rough on you since your old pal Vice got the boot. LOL

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I did explain how fans do affect real-life baseball outcomes.

I must have missed that gem. Could you explain to me how studying sabermetrics affect real life game outcomes. I must have missed the part where the Phillies hired the 19 year old to do modern statistical analytics for them. What exactly is your title in the Philadelphia organization? How many game outcomes do you think you will have an affect on this season Omar?

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam Royals had to score 2 meaningless runs :tsk:.. At least they lost :thumb:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed that gem. Could you explain to me how studying sabermetrics affect real life game outcomes. I must have missed the part where the Phillies hired the 19 year old to do modern statistical analytics for them. What exactly is your title in the Philadelphia organization? How many game outcomes do you think you will have an affect on this season Omar?
Do you not see how one things leads to another? If you eat 3500 more calories than you burn each year, you'll gain a pound. No, I will not be calling the shots for the Phillies this year. A couple of years from now... I don't know? Furthermore, I contribute to the Phillies' success indirectly. As a small voice in a much larger voice, I influence the Phillies' decisions. If I don't go to any games this year, the Phillies payroll will be down, they will not be tempted to splurge on the Chris Davis' of the world, and we will be in better shape for future success. If I go to games when they are competing, they will have more money to spend when it's the appropriate time. And that's just one example of the infinite ways I, and others, can contribute to the Phillies. If the general consensus is ok with losing, that's how it will stay. You don't think there was pressure from our fanbase to resign Jamie Moyer to the ridiculous contract he got after our WS in 2008? Who do you think was behind that?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not see how one things leads to another? If you eat 3500 more calories than you burn each year, you'll gain a pound. No, I will not be calling the shots for the Phillies this year. A couple of years from now... I don't know? Furthermore, I contribute to the Phillies' success indirectly. As a small voice in a much larger voice, I influence the Phillies' decisions. If I don't go to any games this year, the Phillies payroll will be down, they will not be tempted to splurge on the Chris Davis' of the world, and we will be in better shape for future success. If I go to games when they are competing, they will have more money to spend when it's the appropriate time. And that's just one example of the infinite ways I, and others, can contribute to the Phillies. If the general consensus is ok with losing, that's how it will stay. You don't think there was pressure from our fanbase to resign Jamie Moyer to the ridiculous contract he got after our WS in 2008? Who do you think was behind that?

I don't doubt that the Phillies front office was placating the Phillies fanbase with those contracts. I also don't doubt that's a big part of why they're one of the shittiest teams in baseball right now.

That Ryan Howard contract has to be the most cocktarded signing I've seen during my adult life.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt that the Phillies front office was placating the Phillies fanbase with those contracts. I also don't doubt that's a big part of why they're one of the shittiest teams in baseball right now. That Ryan Howard contract has to be the most cocktarded signing during my adult life.
Yep, and fantods like Iffster perpetuated them. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Phillies fan incognito from 2008-2014

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and fantods like Iffster perpetuated them. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a Phillies fan incognito from 2008-2014

They extended Howard two years before he reached free agency and gave him free agent money. I don't know how Amoro had a job after that. If I owned the Phillies, he'd have been shit canned before the ink was dry.

Also, so you don't think I'm just trying to shit on the Phillies, do you know who the Indians' largest free agent signing ever was?

Wait for it...

image.jpeg

Fuck me.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They extended Howard two years before he reached free agency and gave him free agent money. I don't know how Amoro had a job after that. If I owned the Phillies, he'd have been shit canned before the ink was dry.

Also, so you don't think I'm just trying to shit on the Phillies, do you know who the Indians' largest free agent signing ever was?

Wait for it...

It's all good. Come to the Phillies board; we love shitting on 2008-2014 Phillies' FO decisions. And now people are angry that we lose 60 games a year and probably won't sniff the playoffs until at least 2018. The same people who wanted to extend Howard. Who wanted to resign Moyer; who wanted to trade the farm for Hunter Pence; who didn't want to trade Lee; who didn't want to trade Utley; who wanted to resign Ruiz; who wanted to give 50 million dollars to Papelbon. Etc.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait for it...

RAJ would have given Albert Belle an 8 year contract in the late '90s. Perfect Ruben player

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"THE FANS HAVE NO INFLUENCE ON THE GAME. LET THE FRONT OFFICE MAKE ALL THE DECISIONS AND DON'T FUCKING QUESTION THEIR DECISIONS!!!!!"

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, good one! The logical retort to a claim is not attempting to refute it, i.e., proving that wins and low ERA's are directly proportional, no, it's saying that someone throws like a girl. I wish I could be as witty as you:L
There are pills for that....

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Load of crap. You stated that YOUR studying of sabermetric statistics was affecting the day to day play of the Phillies. I would hate to go through all the crap you posted in that thread to find that remark....but you implied NOT that your cheering was helping the team but that your knowledge and studying of stats (modern ones!) was what was affecting the W/L of the ball club. I am sure you have some other ''Glory Be to God for Sabermetrics'' disciples here...and I am sure they (and your new little friend) will come to your defense. So be it. I find you an arrogant little prick. And that is coming from a much older arrogant prick - who has been at that craft a lot longer than you. (And from the remarks I have seen directed at you elsewhere - I think I have a solid group of backers who feel the same)

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy. I'd really hate to be disliked by morons