• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure miamivice is at the ballpark in Miami. The Marlins always treat him great....so he says.

He doesn't have time to actually attend games, he is spending every waking hour trying to figure out how to get back on the hoop.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doug.....I think I am starting to understand. When a Tiger player does something well, they have heart or are a gamer. If they mess up, then they are a bum or a has been.
What I see now is that these can change from game to game. Yesterday KRod was a bum and Greene had heart. But, in your view, that could easily change in a few games when Greene starts a game, gets knocked out in the second inning and becomes a bum. AND, in that same game KRod could get a 2 inning save and have HEART.

From your point of view, "Heart" and "Bum" can change from game to game. Got it!!!!
I never said I was happy about KRod. There is a reason so many teams passed on him. LAST 2 years! We have seen this before. Washed up closer. Tigers take a chance on him. Velverd . Coke,nathan.and now K Rod. Remember Farnsworth also??? We need to find a KID!! YOUNG GUY. LIKE A kimbrel

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug...you still did not answer. WHY didn't KRod and Lowe have HEART? They were wearing a Tiger uniform!!!!

Lowe looked good today. I'll give him 50% HEART.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take real truth. If tigers had a bull pen....we win at least 3 rings in last 10 years. With out the royals bull pen. They would have been lucky to win 50 games. Word

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers whipping azz. Another win to start the season. V MART another tater. Salty hit 1 to.....i'am still undecided on him..and Sanchez sharp. Sharp.royals already sniffing tiger tail BAWWWWHAAAS

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take real truth. If tigers had a bull pen....we win at least 3 rings in last 10 years. With out the royals bull pen. They would have been lucky to win 50 games. Word
Yeah, and if the Royals had an offense in 2013 or 2014, they'd have a threepeat going right now.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Rangers started off bad. Looks like handi will be so sour. He just might stick to soccer. Those exciting. 0-0 games easier to stomach

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said I was happy about KRod. There is a reason so many teams passed on him. LAST 2 years! We have seen this before. Washed up closer. Tigers take a chance on him. Velverd . Coke,nathan.and now K Rod. Remember Farnsworth also??? We need to find a KID!! YOUNG GUY. LIKE A kimbrel
I wish you weren't always so pessimistic when it comes to our Tigs.....

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok. Indians getting bent over by the red sox. It's all falling into place already..except those pesky south siders. Who would have thunk they would shoot out of the gate so fast like the tigers???

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@MiamiVice says Verhagen is the guy, lol

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok. Indians getting bent over by the red sox. It's all falling into place already..except those pesky south siders. Who would have thunk they would shoot out of the gate so fast like the tigers???

Yeah, right.

Carrasco, four shut out innings...

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aunt, balls, uncle, etc.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they won....

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish you weren't always so pessimistic when it comes to our Tigs.....
What the Tigers need to do is draft a bunch of starting arms with 3 to 4 pitches and the ones that don't pan out as starters need to be fully groomed as BP arms. That is the right way to develop an relief pitcher. You NEVER draft a RP from college like they did Ryan Perry. Getting BP arms that are above 30 in FA is not ideal either. The safest way to to develop through the farm.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Tigers need to do is draft a bunch of starting arms with 3 to 4 pitches and the ones that don't pan out as starters need to be fully groomed as BP arms. That is the right way to develop an relief pitcher. You NEVER draft a RP from college like they did Ryan Perry. Getting BP arms that are above 30 in FA is not ideal either. The safest way to to develop through the farm.
Huston Street is still my favorite closer, of all time.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty I think there are multiple ways of building a bullpen. Drafting starters and waiting for one to fail isn't any better than the others.

Drafting college closers isn't the best move, trading for expierienced closers is a quicker way to revamp, but it costs youth and is a health gamble, signing experienced closers is costly, both in picks and unnecessary salary, signing foreign amateurs to close is a crap shoot as much as drafting them.

Trading every young arm worth a damn doesn't help a bullpen, but I'm not into prospect collecting either.

I can say it would've been nice to see Big Al be patient rather than jump at the chance to trade for guys who have nowhere to go in their career but down.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would love to have a charity mma match with you... I bet we could raise some serious money for charity and I would get to beat your old fast ass. Win Win.

I'd gladly do this. I'd beat you within an inch of your life then deport you back to Mexico. But you'd likely flake out and not show up......just like Jason's Deli Parking lot.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty I think there are multiple ways of building a bullpen. Drafting starters and waiting for one to fail isn't any better than the others.

Drafting college closers isn't the best move, trading for expierienced closers is a quicker way to revamp, but it costs youth and is a health gamble, signing experienced closers is costly, both in picks and unnecessary salary, signing foreign amateurs to close is a crap shoot as much as drafting them.

Trading every young arm worth a damn doesn't help a bullpen, but I'm not into prospect collecting either.

I can say it would've been nice to see Big Al be patient rather than jump at the chance to trade for guys who have nowhere to go in their career but down.
I think you just need to go after Mid 20s BP arms with potential to be closers if you want to build your BP through FA ie you have to spend the assets willing to make those deals. There are multiple ways to build the BP but the most solid way is to drafting and developing players properly, no other way around it.