• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. Seriously, don't give two fucks about basketball.
Did you give up on it when Lebron waved bye bye to go to Miami and never could stomach it again? LOL

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexicans don't play much basketball, huh?

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio struggles with a lot of sports.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio struggles with a lot of sports.

I recall OSU defeated UM in college hoops this year. MSU beat Buckeyes 3 times. What say you doug/Vice?

What school has beaten Meeeechigan 11 out of their last 12 meetings in football

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Michigan doesn't? LOL
Actually as a state.. Michigan is one of the most successful in sports overall.

Michigan ranks 5th overall out of states with the most major pro sports championships.
MSU + UM have 17 combined claimed national championships in football
MSU + UM have 3 combined national championships in basketball
Michigan has 2 national championships in baseball
Michigan + MSU + Lake Superior State + Michigan Tech = 18 national championships in college hockey

Ohio is no where near that as a state.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, yes. All UM National titles from when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
You can take away the college titles completely and its even worse for Ohio.. Pro titles Michigan has 22. Ohio has 15.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as the State of Ohio hasn't seen a pro title since 1990 in Cinci... It makes sense they are a little behind.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the professional sports titles in Ohio came when the dinosaurs roamed the earth as well.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually as a state.. Michigan is one of the most successful in sports overall.

Michigan ranks 5th overall out of states with the most major pro sports championships.
MSU + UM have 17 combined claimed national championships in football
MSU + UM have 3 combined national championships in basketball
Michigan has 2 national championships in baseball
Michigan + MSU + Lake Superior State + Michigan Tech = 18 national championships in college hockey

Ohio is no where near that as a state.
Western won a Cross Country title in the 40's, I think.

And hosted the first College World Series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Naquin has been hitting really well thus far this spring....I really hope they start this kid in the outfield. He was a college player- is 24 years old- was considered the best pure hitter in the draft the year he was drafted-- his power is pretty much non-existent - he def wont hit more than 5-6 homers- but he could very easily bat 280- steal 20 bases- and play A defense with an A+ arm....a career .303 minor league hitter- former first rounder-----

If they internally thought- why spend a ton of money on outfielders when we have Brantley---- and then 3 first round picks- NAquin, Zimmer, Frazier -- all playing very well in the minors- all outfielders- that should be up sometime in the next year- i get that----- but at least give them a chance....if i have to see Colin Cowgill or Joey Butler or Will Venable im gonna barf.

I thought Austin Jackson might have been a good get- but apparently it wasnt gonna happen..

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Naquin has been hitting really well thus far this spring....I really hope they start this kid in the outfield. He was a college player- is 24 years old- was considered the best pure hitter in the draft the year he was drafted-- his power is pretty much non-existent - he def wont hit more than 5-6 homers- but he could very easily bat 280- steal 20 bases- and play A defense with an A+ arm....a career .303 minor league hitter- former first rounder-----

If they internally thought- why spend a ton of money on outfielders when we have Brantley---- and then 3 first round picks- NAquin, Zimmer, Frazier -- all playing very well in the minors- all outfielders- that should be up sometime in the next year- i get that----- but at least give them a chance....if i have to see Colin Cowgill or Joey Butler or Will Venable im gonna barf.

I thought Austin Jackson might have been a good get- but apparently it wasnt gonna happen..

I think they asked the owner for more money to go out and get a decent outfielder and moths came out of his wallet.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are very wise vice. Like me. But trying to teach iffy and his BFF handi...is hard. Homers never want to hear the truth

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they asked the owner for more money to go out and get a decent outfielder and moths came out of his wallet.
the Indians were never going to overpay for a big bat- which you have to do in the free agent market---- and why get a middle of the road player and block your 1st round picks that are performing extremely well?

Brantley will be back before the end of April---- an outfield of Brantley in left, Naquin in center, Chiz in right, and Davis backing up- is EXTREMELY good defensively- def light on power- but is not horrific

especially when you consider the Indians pitching

Kluber, Salazar, Carrasco is without a doubt the best starter group in the AL- in a potential playoff series- you would NOT want to see the Indians- especially since the Indians also have one of the better closers in the league in Allen.

Like I said the other day though- where the Indians have some room to manuever is in the trade market---- starting with the starting pitching.

Obviously Kluber, Salazar and Carrasco are unlikely to go anywhere---- each is very very good- and all are gonna be in Cleveland long term at very reasonable prices--- after that the Indians still have a lot of depth.

The guys competing for the 4th and 5th slots are Trevor Bauer, Josh Tomlin and Cody Anderson- All have value- all are cheap, under team control and could help teams. After that- prospect wise they have Mike Clevinger, Justus Sheffield, Kaminskey, and Aiken----- the last 3 guys are all lefties- all former high picks- all extremely cheap and under team control for the next 6+ years.

Lets hope the Indians get off to a good start- the pitching stays healthy-and the Indians are buyers at the deadline. If things break right- and the Tribe adds a big bat at the deadline- we could be in for a very fun fall.