• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are very wise vice. Like me. But trying to teach iffy and his BFF handi...is hard. Homers never want to hear the truth
iffy's ignorance is beyond curable.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Indians were never going to overpay for a big bat- which you have to do in the free agent market---- and why get a middle of the road player and block your 1st round picks that are performing extremely well?

Brantley will be back before the end of April---- an outfield of Brantley in left, Naquin in center, Chiz in right, and Davis backing up- is EXTREMELY good defensively- def light on power- but is not horrific

especially when you consider the Indians pitching

Kluber, Salazar, Carrasco is without a doubt the best starter group in the AL- in a potential playoff series- you would NOT want to see the Indians- especially since the Indians also have one of the better closers in the league in Allen.

Like I said the other day though- where the Indians have some room to manuever is in the trade market---- starting with the starting pitching.

Obviously Kluber, Salazar and Carrasco are unlikely to go anywhere---- each is very very good- and all are gonna be in Cleveland long term at very reasonable prices--- after that the Indians still have a lot of depth.

The guys competing for the 4th and 5th slots are Trevor Bauer, Josh Tomlin and Cody Anderson- All have value- all are cheap, under team control and could help teams. After that- prospect wise they have Mike Clevinger, Justus Sheffield, Kaminskey, and Aiken----- the last 3 guys are all lefties- all former high picks- all extremely cheap and under team control for the next 6+ years.

Lets hope the Indians get off to a good start- the pitching stays healthy-and the Indians are buyers at the deadline. If things break right- and the Tribe adds a big bat at the deadline- we could be in for a very fun fall.
why do you write such long responses about a team nobody here gives a fuck about?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the conor mcgregor of the al central thread.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger outfielder Steven Moya has 4 (solo) homers this spring. He is a 6'7" defensively challenged outfielder, he nonetheless is a prospect with his power. Unfortunately, there is no spot for him on the Tiger roster, even with Maybin out a couple of weeks, especially since Detroit opens in Mexico....ahhhhh.....Miami with no DH useage. I suggest some team should give up a quality relief arm to get Mr. Moya. I do! Really!

How is that for a "homer" post, Vice? Should I throw in some predictions? Like Moya will out hit Juan Uribe or any RF the Royals will have?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger outfielder Steven Moya has 4 (solo) homers this spring. He is a 6'7" defensively challenged outfielder, he nonetheless is a prospect with his power. Unfortunately, there is no spot for him on the Tiger roster, even with Maybin out a couple of weeks, especially since Detroit opens in Mexico....ahhhhh.....Miami with no DH useage. I suggest some team should give up a quality relief arm to get Mr. Moya. I do! Really!

How is that for a "homer" post, Vice? Should I throw in some predictions? Like Moya will out hit Juan Uribe or any RF the Royals will have?
Thats funny iffy... How does he have 4 solo hr if he has 4 hr total and hit a 2 run hr yesterday?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger outfielder Steven Moya has 4 (solo) homers this spring. He is a 6'7" defensively challenged outfielder, he nonetheless is a prospect with his power.
Scouting grades: Hit: 40 | Power: 60 | Run: 50 | Arm: 60 | Field: 50 | Overall: 45

Sometimes in baseball, a player has to take a step back before he can take a step forward. Perhaps putting too much pressure on himself to get to the big leagues in 2015, Moya struggled with his move to Triple-A. The Tigers are hopeful the lessons learned will help the powerful outfielder reach the highest level soon.

Moya still has as much raw pop as just about any prospect in baseball. Few doubt his ability to hit 30 homers annually if he's an everyday player, even with his difficulty in making contact. Moya will always rack up strikeouts and he spent too much time in 2015 trying not to do so. He does need to improve his pitch recognition and plate discipline, with the hopes that a healthy walk rate will help offset the swinging and missing. Moya runs well for a big man and his strong arm plays well in right field,

Funny how scouts don't see Moya as a poor fielding outfielder... They actually put him above average.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're more like the meth addled Chris Burke of the AL Central thread.

Just admit it.. its ok... you like the banter. You like seeing what I post and replying to it. It gives you joy.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Iffster why did you say Moya has hit 4 solo HR when he has hit 3 multi run HR and only 1 solo shot? Can you answer that?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moya has more HR than he does K's so far in 18 at bats...

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess meth addicts don't like to be grabbed by the short hairs?

I would like one or two more posts about Steven Moya. I'm thinking that Hernan Perez and Steven Moya would fill the #3 and #4 spots well in the Brewer's batting order. What is your take on that Viceroy? Although I could also see them playing for Mexico City Reds this year too and then adding Dixon Machado during 2017.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Iffster why did you say Moya has hit 4 solo HR when he has hit 3 multi run HR and only 1 solo shot? Can you answer that?

This psycho is stalking me. What 4-5 posts to me here, at least 6 on the Tiger board! Holy jumping Uribes!!!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over under on Hosmer homer runs this year----

If I said 19 would you go over or under?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who are the 20 best AL Central players?---- quick list

1. Miguel Cabrera
2. Michael Brantley
3. Eric Hosmer
4. Corey Kluber
5. Chris Sale
6. Jose Abreu
7. Todd Frazier
8. JD Martinez
9. Lorenzo Cain
10. W. Davis
11. F. Lindor
12. J. Upton
13. V. Martinez
14. C. Carrasco
15. M. Sano
16. J. Kipnis
17. B. Dozier
18. D. Salazar
19. A. Gordon
20. S. Perez

Hon Mentions: , Robertson, Verlander, C. Allen, J. Zimmerman, Moustakas, I. Kinsler,