• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played baseball for over 10 years and am interested in coaching

OK....so there is a basis for your interest. I was just having a hard time getting my head around anybody getting excited about baseball stats that never really got involved in the game. I suppose it is possible...what isn't, huh?

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Varitek, listed at 6' 2", 230 lb, caught roughly 1,330 games in his first twelve seasons in the majors.

That would give Perez seven years and 785 games to go.

Plus, Varitek was much older when he did that, which could give the advantage to Perez.

Nice call, bottom line, Vice thinks Perez takes more of a beating than any other catcher in the history of the game and would love it if Perez gets knocked out of baseball so he won't keep helping the Royals get to WS's and keeping his Tigers out of it.

Like years gone past, he trashes whatever Royals player he gets in his head for whatever reason (maybe he doesn't like Sal Perez was WS MVP, lol)...then they end up playing better...

I love that he is picking on Sal and Ian this year, in the past it was Ervin Santana (then had a career year), then it was the trade of Myers for Shields/Davis, Guess how that turned out, then it was making fun of the signing of Edison and Morales, ehhh won a World Series.

I love the pattern, continue on please.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK....so there is a basis for your interest. I was just having a hard time getting my head around anybody getting excited about baseball stats that never really got involved in the game. I suppose it is possible...what isn't, huh?
Some people get off on math and statistical analysis.. others get off on logging onto sports forums and trolling doug...

what do you give a shit if people enjoy advanced stats for anyways? the more people watch the game.. the better.. regardless why they watch.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am willing to bet anyone ANYTHING Sal Perez ends up on the DL this year.. and nobody will take it. ANYTHING.

I will literally bet ANYTHING you want. He is going to be on the DL this year. GUARANTEED.

Are you being serious? A catcher going on the DL? How absurd!!!!
In this day, I wouldn't bet ANY player would stay off the DL.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Pierzynski sucks as a catcher but his bat is 10 times better than Perez....

Pierzynski's first 2,000 PAs he had an OPS+ of exactly one point more than Perez's today. Perez has a higher career OPS+.

Don't be afraid to know things, Vice.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice call, bottom line, Vice thinks Perez takes more of a beating than any other catcher in the history of the game and would love it if Perez gets knocked out of baseball so he won't keep helping the Royals get to WS's and keeping his Tigers out of it.

Like years gone past, he trashes whatever Royals player he gets in his head for whatever reason (maybe he doesn't like Sal Perez was WS MVP, lol)...then they end up playing better...

I love that he is picking on Sal and Ian this year, in the past it was Ervin Santana (then had a career year), then it was the trade of Myers for Shields/Davis, Guess how that turned out, then it was making fun of the signing of Edison and Morales, ehhh won a World Series.

I love the pattern, continue on please.
Perez could be healthy as fuck this year and you aren't getting back to the WS.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be glorious when Perez is on the DL this year... Not that I want to see it... I actually like the guy... but it will be great to jam down your throat.

Seriously da55bums.... Matt Fucking Wieters? You are a fucking idiot.

lol, sure, coming from you, I appreciate it. Your understanding of baseball would make you think A LOT of people are idiots.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierzynski's first 2,000 PAs he had an OPS+ of exactly one point more than Perez's today. Perez has a higher career OPS+.

Don't be afraid to know things, Vice.
Why not post Perez's OPS+ the last 4 years and look at the trend.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a concussion in the playoffs last year and they didn't report it... It was clear.. the guy got knocked out and kept blinking his eyes... But he just said he was fine and they let him play.

Add Neurologist to the list of MiamiVice's accomplishments.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, sure, coming from you, I appreciate it. Your understanding of baseball would make you think A LOT of people are idiots.
Matt Wieters LOL

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people get off on math and statistical analysis.. others get off on logging onto sports forums and trolling doug...

what do you give a shit if people enjoy advanced stats for anyways? the more people watch the game.. the better.. regardless why they watch.

What you say is partly true....however, my concern is more that young kids PLAY the game. WATCHING....is that the future of baseball?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez could be healthy as fuck this year and you aren't getting back to the WS.

yeah heard you before

2014- Royals aint making it to the post season
2015- Royals won't win the World Series
2016- Royals ain't making it back to the WS (for the 3rd time in a row, lol)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you say is partly true....however, my concern is more that young kids PLAY the game. WATCHING....is that the future of baseball?
Looking at stats has been huge for kids since they invented baseball cards.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

It's 103. That's 3 points higher than Perez's career mark.
Sal Perez last 4 yrs of OPS+

2012 - 115
2013 - 105
2014 - 91
2015 - 89

See a pattern there? What is this year going to be? LOL... 75?