• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gallardo did pitch in a hitter friendly park last year and have good results... 35 mil for him almost makes me think the pelfrey deal wasn't so bad. almost.
Good results? Or lucky? I know we disagree on the value of peripherals, but there's a very clear reason he was a leper to 29 teams this offseason up until very recently.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I find this whole business of the O's not trying to go all in to be ridiculous, but that's a different topic.
not a ton of pitching on the table next year.. but signing back end starters to deals worth 13 mil per year is gross.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i promise not to make fun of you for living with your parents at the age of 45 anymore if you promise to help me get this thread back to AL Central smack talk.

I'll remember this quote for ever and yet you still have to be an ass by throwing a daggar one more time regarding his age and his parents.

you fucking don't and won't ever get it !

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good results? Or lucky? I know we disagree on the value of peripherals, but there's a very clear reason he was a leper to 29 teams this offseason up until very recently.
i will agree with you that most teams were scared as shit of him.. but i think the draft pick had more to do with that than anything else.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll remember this quote for ever and yet you still have to be an ass by throwing a daggar one more time regarding his age and his parents.

you fucking don't and won't ever get it !
he didn't help me get the thread back to baseball.. so i retract the promise anyways. lol

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a ton of pitching on the table next year.. but signing back end starters to deals worth 13 mil per year is gross.
I'd rather dig up the Mike Minors of the world than give up a first for Gallardo. Now, if that stupid ass AAV to Kennedy didn't exist, I'd be in a much better mood to make fun of contracts.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahh @SlinkyRedfoot you are back... lets talk baseball... you can tell me how wrong I am for thinking the indians attendance has nothing to do with the browns... anything you want.

Anything I want? Let's talk about the Tigers, the most expensive pile of shit in baseball last year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know.. you could just leave this thread... its not like you give a fuck about baseball.

I'll post wherever the fuck I want to on this forum until Hammer or Fordman or someone says differently.

BTW, stay the FUCK out of the Lions NFL Forum. YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT IT AND ADD NOTHING TO IT

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather dig up the Mike Minors of the world than give up a first for Gallardo. Now, if that stupid ass AAV to Kennedy didn't exist, I'd be in a much better mood to make fun of contracts.
losing a draft pick is going to hurt the royals too down the road.. the tigers felt it when they lost draft picks for signing vmart and valverde.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will agree with you that most teams were scared as shit of him.. but i think the draft pick had more to do with that than anything else.
Sure, but what makes a backend guy on a mediocre team worth a 1st round pick? Still very possible it amounts to nothing. And if I am right about his future performance, he won't have much trade value to recoup that value either.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll post wherever the fuck I want to on this forum until Hammer or Forman or someone says differently.

BTW, stay the FUCK out of the Lions NFL Forum. YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT IT AND ADD NOTHING TO IT
lol... ok guy. see there you there in 5 min.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
losing a draft pick is going to hurt the royals too down the road.. the tigers felt it when they lost draft picks for signing vmart and valverde.
I'd probably say they're going to look pretty conservative with trading prospects/draft picks until the next core is built up. I'd be pretty surprised if they just shit all over their own philosophy and burnt the farm (what's left of it past A ball) to the ground

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but what makes a backend guy on a mediocre team worth a 1st round pick? Still very possible it amounts to nothing. And if I am right about his future performance, he won't have much trade value to recoup that value either.
you forget that losing the first round pick also means losing the draft pick's money for the total pool. that can affect other signings as well.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably say they're going to look pretty conservative with trading prospects/draft picks until the next core is built up. I'd be pretty surprised if they just shit all over their own philosophy and burnt the farm (what's left of it past A ball) to the ground
they need to rebuild the position player talent they have... there isn't much left there.