• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hilarious to me that this needs to be explained to you.

You were saying that it makes no sense that when the Indians were winning, they drew huge crowds and how could it be so bad "only twenty years later." Bums referenced the fact that the exact same thing happened to the Tigers in an even shorter time period.

It's a perfectly good point, it made you look stupid with all your feigned business acumen, "oh, ballpark experience, blah, blah, blah," so you went straight to the personal insults.

You're a pathetic child.
You don't get it you fucking idiot...

The Tigers had poor seasons... and a fucking strike in that time. The Indians have continued to win a fair amount of games. His reference has nothing to do with the Indians. The Tigers from 84-96 situation is NOTHING like the Indians current version. When the Tigers win.. people went to games. Why do you think he didn't use 84-93... When the Indians win.. they still are getting nobody there.

The entire point of what I was saying is the Indians can field a winner and the fans don't come.. and attendance has declined even in a time when they were still fielding good teams... The Tigers had 3 straight years where they didn't win more than 60 games.. and a strike. So yeah.. that comparison is retarded.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hilarious to me that this needs to be explained to you.

You were saying that it makes no sense that when the Indians were winning, they drew huge crowds and how could it be so bad "only twenty years later." Bums referenced the fact that the exact same thing happened to the Tigers in an even shorter time period.

It's a perfectly good point, it made you look stupid with all your feigned business acumen, "oh, ballpark experience, blah, blah, blah," so you went straight to the personal insults.

You're a pathetic child.
The entire point of what I was saying is the Indians can win and people still don't show up.. pointing out seasons when the Tigers were losing 90+ games has nothing to do with what I was talking about in reference to the Indians situation... and if you can't understand that.. maybe I am giving you to much credit for your intelligence.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Slink's making me look stupid, time to make shit up about his wife. I'm awesome. "
Go fuck yourself.. you brought my wife into it.. now yours can join the party you fuck.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get it you fucking idiot...

The Tigers had poor seasons... and a fucking strike in that time. The Indians have continued to win a fair amount of games. His reference has nothing to do with the Indians. The Tigers from 84-96 situation is NOTHING like the Indians current version. When the Tigers win.. people went to games. Why do you think he didn't use 84-93... When the Indians win.. they still are getting nobody there.

The entire point of what I was saying is the Indians can field a winner and the fans don't come.. and attendance has declined even in a time when they were still fielding good teams... The Tigers had 3 straight years where they didn't win more than 60 games.. and a strike. So yeah.. that comparison is retarded.

So, the reasons that you've for the Tigers' attendance decline are valid, but the reasons I provided for the Indians' are not and it must be something more, like "ballpark experience?"

The depths of your stupidity never cease to amaze me.

Have a good day, kid.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is absolutely not true. In fact I agreed with you twice in two days this week and acknowledged both instances. I think there were a couple others this week too.

I do not go against everything you say. I go against everything you say that is either wrong or pathetic, which happens to make up the vast majority of what you say.
lol.. so you think pointing out the tigers attendance drop after the strike and during a period of 3 years losing more than 90 games.... is relevant to comparing the attendance drop the Indians have had while never having a sustained losing period like that?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the reasons that you've for the Tigers' attendance decline are valid, but the reasons I provided for the Indians' are not and it must be something more, like "ballpark experience?"

The depths of your stupidity never cease to amaze me.

Have a good day, kid.

The reason you are providing for the Indians attendance drop very well could be valid... it just makes no sense and points out how retarded people in Ohio are. As football doesn't even overlap but maybe 15% of the MLB season.

You basically are saying that they don't go to games because they spend all their money supporting what currently is the biggest joke of a NFL franchise in the league right now.. and has been for some time. The seasons don't even overlap... Forgive me for questioning your theory.

Either A) its something else
or B) The people of Cleleland are retards that would rather watch an embarrassing football team than a decent baseball team during a completely different time of the year.

Last edited:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians had 2.27mil in 2007... and it has been dropping since.. even 3 straight winning seasons hasn't stopped the slide. If you can show me a period in the Tigers.. or any other teams history where they had 3 straight winning seasons yet their attendance slid... and not just slid.. but was near league worst... I will be impressed..

Get bums on that... see if he can hunt down when the Tigers had 3 straight winning seasons with 3 attendance going down all three years.

Its not normal.

Oh and just so you can compare...

The browns attendance has actually went down since 2013 too.

2013 - 4-12 569,000
2014 - 7-9 539,000
2015 - 3-13 529,000

so if people were saving up their money in the summer time and not going to Indians games for that shit.. it shows how retarded people are in Cleveland.... that or it shows

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once again.. forgive me for questioning the logic of your theory.. where people are not going to Indians games because they are spending their money on a sport that is only available to them the last month of the regular season and has declining attendance numbers itself...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once again.. forgive me for questioning the logic of your theory.. where people are not going to Indians games because they are spending their money on a sport that is only available to them the last month of the regular season and has declining attendance numbers itself...

Of all the things I listed to explain the difference in Indians' attendance from the mid nineties to now, the only one you comprehended or retained is "the Browns?"

You are ill equipped for this type of discussion.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the things I listed to explain the difference in Indians' attendance from the mid nineties to now, the only one you comprehended or retained is "the Browns?"

You are ill equipped for this type of discussion.

I understand that they might no longer going to field 3mil+ like they did in the 90's (something the Tigers have done multiple times in the recent past)
But the presence of the Browns shit football franchise doesn't explain why even after winning seasons the last 3 years... not only are attendance figures some of the worst in the league.... they continue to get worse.. even with winning. The attendance drop as a whole since the 90's peak might be able to be explained by the Browns returning.. but it doesn't explain why after putting a good product on the field the last 3 years attendance hasn't bounced to a respectable number.

AND the Browns attendance is declining too.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the city of Cleveland is just not able to sustain its sports teams. Probably why the Browns left in the first place. Maybe they should move the Indians to Mexico City, a real city where the population is large enough to support it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that they might no longer going to field 3mil+ like they did in the 90's (something the Tigers have done multiple times in the recent past)
But the presence of the Browns shit football franchise doesn't explain why even after winning seasons the last 3 years... not only are attendance figures some of the worst in the league.... they continue to get worse.. even with winning. The attendance drop as a whole since the 90's peak might be able to be explained by the Browns returning.. but it doesn't explain why after putting a good product on the field the last 3 years attendance hasn't bounced to a respectable number.

AND the Browns attendance is declining too.

Vice: The Browns is a stupid reason

Slink: I gave a lot more reasons than just The Browns

Vice: The Browns are a stupid reason

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the city of Cleveland is just not able to sustain its sports teams. Probably why the Browns left in the first place. Maybe they should move the Indians to Mexico City, a real city where the population is large enough to support it.

Maybe they should.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to see if there was any talk about the upcoming season, but I see it is nothing more than a pissing contest.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians had 2.27mil in 2007... and it has been dropping since.. even 3 straight winning seasons hasn't stopped the slide. If you can show me a period in the Tigers.. or any other teams history where they had 3 straight winning seasons yet their attendance slid... and not just slid.. but was near league worst... I will be impressed..

Get bums on that... see if he can hunt down when the Tigers had 3 straight winning seasons with 3 attendance going down all three years.

Its not normal.

Oh and just so you can compare...

The browns attendance has actually went down since 2013 too.

2013 - 4-12 569,000
2014 - 7-9 539,000
2015 - 3-13 529,000

so if people were saving up their money in the summer time and not going to Indians games for that shit.. it shows how retarded people are in Cleveland.... that or it shows

Most fans in Cleveland are tired of the ownership group. True they had winning seasons, last year they were 81-80. Big fucking deal. They don't make the playoffs, not even the bullshit 163rd game of the season. The fans are tired of it. The owners have done nothing but alienate fans since they bought the team 15 years ago. That's what it is all about. Its not that we don't love the Tribe, we do, we hate the owners. I only went to two games last year, two the year before and one the year before that. I used to go to at least 9 games a year, usually more than that.

The Lake County Captains are 10 minutes from my house, we hit a few of those games a year. The kids love it and if we have to roll out by the 5th, who gives a shit?

The Browns are a clown show, not surprised to see them dropping. I gave up my season tickets after the '11 season and haven't looked back. I've been to one game since then (which they lost 30-0).