• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think that everyone that posts on this thread outside of doug, da55bums, and iffy are educated fans. Even da55bums shows flashes of knowledge.

da55bums biggest problem is this -

He won't let go of the fact he was outed for being a complete loser after trying to do the same to me and failing. For years all bums wanted to do was prove me to be a liar.. when in reality.. all he did was prove himself to be one. The guy is frustrated because HE GAVE ME his own personal info which allowed me to see his entire history. I get why he is mad.. but he could very easily let it go and it would end. I have proven my point.

iffy's biggest problem is -

He is a troll.. always has been.. always will be. Since his days on CBS. He actually used to troll with me on the Royals boards years ago.. he turned against me a few years back though and now uses the majority of his posts here to direct them at me in a sad attempt for attention from his former jedi master.

dougs biggest problem -

he is a homer... I swear he curses my teams... but i like the guy.. he makes me laugh at least.

I need some baseball to analyze.... I am resorting to breaking down and scouting posters on this site for christ's sake.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans in Cleveland are tired of the ownership group. True they had winning seasons, last year they were 81-80. Big fucking deal. They don't make the playoffs, not even the bullshit 163rd game of the season. The fans are tired of it. The owners have done nothing but alienate fans since they bought the team 15 years ago. That's what it is all about. Its not that we don't love the Tribe, we do, we hate the owners. I only went to two games last year, two the year before and one the year before that. I used to go to at least 9 games a year, usually more than that.

The Lake County Captains are 10 minutes from my house, we hit a few of those games a year. The kids love it and if we have to roll out by the 5th, who gives a shit?

The Browns are a clown show, not surprised to see them dropping. I gave up my season tickets after the '11 season and haven't looked back. I've been to one game since then (which they lost 30-0).
The fact the team didn't make the playoffs has little baring... they had a winning season and were most certainly in the playoff hunt until the last few days of the season... And their attendance was second to last in the MLB. There is no justification for it...

I hear the same bullshit from Marlins fans.. If you go to a game.. the true fans are there. Nobody is crying about the Marlins owners at the games. They are just supporting their team. Shit fans cry about the owners.. especially when the owners have put out a winning product.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL games are clown shows. I went to a few Dolphin games last year... parking is a shit show... there are drunk idiots everywhere... people fighting in the stands.. its not a child friendly environment at all. Leaving the game is even worse with a bunch of drunks driving.

Give me a baseball game any day. The game experience is much better. You can go with a group, have a few drinks, and everyone for the most part acts like a human being. I can't remember the last time I saw a fight in the stands at a MLB game I attended.. and I have went to a lot in the last 5 years... yet I can say I saw at least 2 fights in the stands every game at Dolphins stadium.

It doesn't surprise me to see NFL attendance dropping when tickets are so expensive and the actual experience is getting worse.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which proves my point that the fans are not going to NFL games instead of MLB... Cleveland fans in general are just going to less sporting events.

American fans in general are going to less sporting events...it's not something exclusive to a specific city/market.

The majority of MLB teams had a decrease in attendance in 2015, and overall MLB attendance declined slightly from 2013 to 2014.

The NFL attendance is down 2M in the past 3 years, per the link I posted.

NBA for a while now has had attendance issues:
NBA Teams Struggle to Fill Arenas, Even When ‘Cheap Seats’ Are $1 – or Free | TIME.com

This is an interesting article (although from 2013) listing the various sports that have seen attendance declines:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--keeping-fans-in-the-stands-is-getting-harder-to-do-005355696.html

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
American fans in general are going to less sporting events...it's not something exclusive to a specific city/market.

The majority of MLB teams had a decrease in attendance in 2015, and overall MLB attendance declined slightly from 2013 to 2014.

The NFL attendance is down 2M in the past 3 years, per the link I posted.

NBA for a while now has had attendance issues:
NBA Teams Struggle to Fill Arenas, Even When ‘Cheap Seats’ Are $1 – or Free | TIME.com

This is an interesting article (although from 2013) listing the various sports that have seen attendance declines:
Keeping fans in the stands is getting harder to do
Can I ask you a question....

Do you have a woman in your life? The amounts of stats you can pull out of your ass at any time leads me to believe you don't interact with humans very often.

Trying to rationalize the Indians having 3 straight winning seasons, while fielding 3 straight bottom of the league attendance figures with a league wide stat is comical.

You being the good stat nerd you are.. can you show me a time a team had 3 straight winning seasons and ended that run with a bottom 2 finish in attendance?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iffy's biggest problem is -
He is a troll.. always has been.. always will be. Since his days on CBS. He actually used to troll with me on the Royals boards years ago.. he turned against me a few years back though and now uses the majority of his posts here to direct them at me in a sad attempt for attention from his former jedi master.

Wow

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you have a woman in your life? The amounts of stats you can pull out of your ass at any time leads me to believe you don't interact with humans very often.

Trying to rationalize the Indians having 3 straight winning seasons, while fielding 3 straight bottom of the league attendance figures with a league wide stat is comical.

You being the good stat nerd you are.. can you show me a time a team had 3 straight winning seasons and ended that run with a bottom 2 finish in attendance?

"Stan obviously is more knowledgeable than I an, so I'm going to personally insult him"

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your point? we behave like humans when we enjoy adult beverages... If you go to an NFL game and don't see a fist fight.. its impressive.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Stan obviously is more knowledgeable than I an, so I'm going to personally insult him"
lol... what is your point? you do the same shit to people. Fuck that chick yesterday actually said my first post to her was identical to what your first post was to her.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... what is your point? you do the same shit to people. Fuck that chick yesterday actually said my first post to her was identical to what your first post was to her.

And that was personally insulting her?

Further, when I run into people online that clearly know more than I do, I try to learn from them. When that happens to you, you call their wives fat.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The gf (looking to get married but I'm not so keen on the idea at my age) is in law school, so as you'd expect she's quite busy during during the school year.

I'm a CPA with an MBA from a top 10 business school....of course I'm good with numbers (not my problem if you're not).

Let me ask you a question:
Do you know how to interact with people without being a total prick? Something I'd expect from a teenager, but not a married guy in their 30s who has a lot of responsibility in his life, no?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, Vice...again we are getting a lot of your personal life from you. Why is that? I come in here today and I see you analyzing people and telling us snippets of your life...what the hell?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was personally insulting her?
do you just like to argue with me?

I was trying to be civil with you last night and this morning after bums post you jump at the chance to argue... i swear bro.. you are a total faggot.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vice....aren't you able to give an opinion, listen to someone elses view on the subject and move on with your life? Come one man....this isn't the entire world here. Don't fight people, banter back and forth and move to the next thing without calling them dicks and getting all personal in their faces. You be fucked up man

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you just like to argue with me?

I was trying to be civil with you last night and this morning after bums post you jump at the chance to argue... i swear bro.. you are a total faggot.

You weren't acting like a pathetic child last night and we got along. This morning, you were. Funny how that works, huh?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gf (looking to get married but I'm not so keen on the idea at my age) is in law school, so as you'd expect she's quote busy during.

Let me ask you a question:
Do you know how to interact with people without being a total prick?
yup.. but when everyone here is trying to argue.. i am going to argue back.. you literally are trying to justify the Indians having the second worst attendance after 3 straight winning seasons with stats that show all teams attendance is down... it has no bearing.. nothing can justify it. It has never been done. Show me one time in the history of baseball a team has had 3 straight winning seasons and their attendance dropped to the bottom 2 in the league!

You guys are just arguing to argue at this point... because nothing I am saying is incorrect.

I get it.. you don't like me... I don't fucking care. But don't come at me with high than thou bullshit. You pricks are just as likely to post an insult about me as I am about you.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3