• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear this Vice bozo mentions dicks and cocks more than anybody that I have met in a long time. I mean....I know some guys who TALK that way....but to actually type out 'dick' and 'cock' over and over on the internet. I don't know? I just can't relate to that....it just isn't something that is on my mind ALL THE TIME. But to each his own. (As the old Seinfeld bit goes....''but there is nothing wrong with that!")
yup iffy.. just keep posting about me all over the place.. forget baseball.. fuck it.. lets talk about me.. would you rather discuss my companies, my wife, my house... what has your fancy?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit loves the Lions.. but nobody is going to sacrifice not going to a tigers game over going to a lions game that I have ever talked to.

A few more years of the Tigers sucking balls like they did last year and they might.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downtown Cleveland had just gone through a massive renovation that started attracting folks tfor the first time in probably a couple generations. The Indians had a brand new ballpark and were kicking ass. The Cavs sucked balls, and the Browns did not exist.

It doesn't matter if you think it makes sense or not.
I agree... it doesn't matter.. its just odd to see a franchise go from one of the hottest tickets to one of the crappiest attendance in less than 20 years. There has to be more to it... Marketing, ballpark experience... something... people don't just stop going to games of franchises that have been around for generations... Its odd. It happens in Miami and Tampa because they haven't even been around a generation yet.. but old school teams... its not normal.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also read an interesting piece about how the Indians, as a small market team, are flanked by other teams that draw fans. Pirates are only an hour and a half east, Cincinnati just three and a half hours south, Detroit two and a half to the east and a big fucking body of water immediately to the north. That's a tough spot, too.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I went to a half-dozen games or more. I used to hit 20-30 games a season before my kids came along.
My kid is old enough now to really enjoy going and for some reason my wife likes it to.. even though most people in Brazil could give less a shit about baseball than Americans do about cricket... I try to take her and the old lady on nights or weekend games at Marlins Stadium because I know I won't be going out after.... I keep the tickets on Wed afternoons to myself and go with friends and get shit faced. Didn't go to as many games last year... was just to busy. The year before I went to like 40 some Marlins games.

Marlins Stadium is actually really nice to watch a game at.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... it doesn't matter.. its just odd to see a franchise go from one of the hottest tickets to one of the crappiest attendance in less than 20 years. There has to be more to it... Marketing, ballpark experience... something... people don't just stop going to games of franchises that have been around for generations... Its odd. It happens in Miami and Tampa because they haven't even been around a generation yet.. but old school teams... its not normal.

Did you miss the bits about the Indians having a new park, kicking ass and the Browns not existing?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few more years of the Tigers sucking balls like they did last year and they might.
Doubt it will happen. Like the Royals.. The Tigers TV contract is coming up and there is no way they are going to let attendance or tv ratings drop before that is settled.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss the bits about the Indians having a new park, kicking ass and the Browns not existing?
It still makes no sense... Like I said.. the NFL season overlaps with only a tiny bit of the MLB season. You would think the Indians would at least have solid attendance June-Aug.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also read an interesting piece about how the Indians, as a small market team, are flanked by other teams that draw fans. Pirates are only an hour and a half east, Cincinnati just three and a half hours south, Detroit two and a half to the east and a big fucking body of water immediately to the north. That's a tough spot, too.

If you divide a team's geographical territory by bisecting the distance between them and the closest team in all directions, and then consider the populations of those areas, I imagine the Indians have one of the smallest -- if not the -- territories in baseball.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still makes no sense... Like I said.. the NFL season overlaps with only a tiny bit of the MLB season. You would think the Indians would at least have solid attendance June-Aug.

Yeah, your right. If the Tigers left Detroit and the Lions simultaneously starting kicking ass, I'm sure the Lions wouldn't see a MASSIVE spike in attendance.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you divide a team's geographical territory by bisecting the distance between them and the closest team in all directions, and then consider the populations of those areas, I imagine the Indians have one of the smallest -- if not the -- territories in baseball.
I believe you are correct. Not sure how a team that has been around that long got the shaft like that.. but their territory is small. Only other team I can think that might be smaller is maybe tampa.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, your right. If the Tigers left Detroit and the Lions simultaneously starting kicking ass, I'm sure the Lions wouldn't see a MASSIVE spike in attendance.
seeing they sell out 94% of their seats now.... I don't think they can really have a massive attendance increase.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slinky does bring up an interesting point. As small as the KC market is for comparison, the Royals do have some favor in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and have a presence in Oklahoma and NW Arkansas as well. Wichita, Des Moines, and Omaha aren't exactly huge metropolises, but every bit counts. Couldn't tell you how many Nebraskans and Iowans came out for the parade, but it was a big number.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slinky does bring up an interesting point. As small as the KC market is for comparison, the Royals do have some favor in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and have a presence in Oklahoma and NW Arkansas as well. Wichita, Des Moines, and Omaha aren't exactly huge metropolises, but every bit counts. Couldn't tell you how many Nebraskans and Iowans came out for the parade, but it was a big number.
The royals actual tv territory is huge.. its basically no mans land.. but the actual land it covers is large.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians don't even get Toledo as a tv market. I believe that goes to the Tigers.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
800px-Canadian_MLB_blackout_area.svg.png

In case you were wondering how it breaks down in Canada... For Some reason the Blue Jays get all the way up to Alaska... The Twins get a nice chuck of real estate as do the mariners. Boston gets a little of the tip. I am pretty sure Windsor is the Tigers market... so I think the map may be a little off. I have watched Tigers games before years ago in Windsor.... maybe its like how I can get some Rays games in Miami sometimes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't someone post the graph/map of territories on here?

Think i remember loling at Cleveland.

They get like 8 counties.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't someone post the graph/map of territories on here?

Think i remember loling at Cleveland.

They get like 8 counties.
Yeah we were talking about it a few months back when shit for brains bums was saying that a team's metro area is the tv area.