• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is a device!?! I'll be damned, always wondered.

I never had cable (couldn't, were hillbillies) growing up either. Always wondered how they'd know which way the antenna was pointed and what channel the dial was turned to. Lol
there is no devise anymore.. they can tell what you are watching through your cable provider.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams are assigned tv market rights.. they battle over them all the time.. the A's and Giants have been fighting over market rights of san jose and sacramento for decades.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its kinda like how google knows what kind of **** you like.
I confused Google at some point recently.

Keep having Tire Rack commercials at the of tHoop. Haven't looked for tires in a year. Hahahaha.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I confused Google at some point recently.

Keep having Tire Rack commercials at the of tHoop. Haven't looked for tires in a year. Hahahaha.
google ads creep me out.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never would've though NC would go Orioles/Nats. Figured Braves.

Wouldn't have guessed Montana went with Seattle either.

Lol @ Cleveland.
yeah.. cleveland is getting the shaft.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes sense why Omaha and Iowa gets the royals as well, for free

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the Expos first were trying to move to DC.. it was a big deal because they were going to be eating into Balitmore's TV market... because DC used to be Baltimore's... I am sure their had to be some kind of deal made to settle it but I don't know what it was.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are blocking the A's from moving their stadium to San Jose.. because the Giants own the TV rights there.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are blocking the A's from moving their stadium to San Jose.. because the Giants own the TV rights there.
I thought they shared coverage currently?

Or does that not matter? (Just seems like I watched their games on the same channel this summer. Maybe not.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the Expos first were trying to move to DC.. it was a big deal because they were going to be eating into Balitmore's TV market... because DC used to be Baltimore's... I am sure their had to be some kind of deal made to settle it but I don't know what it was.
Maybe that's where NC comes into that market?

I'm ignorant as hell on this stuff. But it's interesting.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they shared coverage currently?

Or does that not matter? (Just seems like I watched their games on the same channel this summer. Maybe not.)
Not sure.. I just know they had a big court battle because the Giants didn't want them moving into their territory.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's where NC comes into that market?

I'm ignorant as hell on this stuff. But it's interesting.
Its big money... when you are talking negotiations with Fox or NBC... every area with households you can point to that can watch you counts. Its weird here in Miami.. Because the Marlins are on Fox Sports Florida.. and the Rays are on Suns Sports. For some reason sometimes I can watch rays games and sometimes I can't. But the Miami Heat games are on Sun Sports so everyone here actually has the channel.

I have had the MLB Extra Innings package for years though... to me its a great deal.. I watch as many tigers games as i can... and i can watch royals games after the tigers games are done or when they aren't on if I am chatting with the old cbs royals fans crew. $200 is a little expensive but the season is so long its worth it.. I had it in a few of my bars for a while.. but there wasn't enough demand for it and in bars its a minimum of $1500 and can be more depending on how many seats you have.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure.. I just know they had a big court battle because the Giants didn't want them moving into their territory.
I wouldn't want that either.

The Coliseum is a dump in Oakland. But it's situated great to break up the population there East/West. And the As have to get a lot of SacTown fans coming now.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its big money... when you are talking negotiations with Fox or NBC... every area with households you can point to that can watch you counts. Its weird here in Miami.. Because the Marlins are on Fox Sports Florida.. and the Rays are on Suns Sports. For some reason sometimes I can watch rays games and sometimes I can't. But the Miami Heat games are on Sun Sports so everyone here actually has the channel.

I have had the MLB Extra Innings package for years though... to me its a great deal.. I watch as many tigers games as i can... and i can watch royals games after the tigers games are done or when they aren't on if I am chatting with the old cbs royals fans crew. $200 is a little expensive but the season is so long its worth it.. I had it in a few of my bars for a while.. but there wasn't enough demand for it and in bars its a minimum of $1500 and can be more depending on how many seats you have.
I'd have to get it if I moved out of area. MLB network is great, but it's not enough games.

I've thought about buying just to be able to watch the rest of the division more. I honestly like Clevelands pre-game shows on Playtime or whatever it's called. I can watch those up till just before the first pitch. Then blackout.