• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this time I figured the Tigers had at least a good TV deal, theirs is actually as bad as the Royals.
TV deals didn't start to jump until the Dodgers go their mega deal.. Before that.. Only the Yankees and Red Sox were making loot on TV deals.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree that is the potential market right, not where the company that has the tv deal broadcasts

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox Sports Detroit is available in Northern Indiana n Ohio and part of Wisconsin close to the UP too.

That's all I have to add to the TV market/broadcast money portion of this thread.
Exactly... Fox Sports Detroit is available in more than the metro area.. the numbers he had are seriously flawed.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree that is the potential market right, not where the company that has the tv deal broadcasts
I don't think you understand idiot.. My parents live about 5 hours from Detroit.. and they have Fox Sports Detroit broadcasting there.. and he just said it broadcasts in parts of Ohio, Wisconsin, and Indiana.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the population they can draw from for attendance,

Households that carry Fox Detroit is different, Bars probably can get them in all those areas your suggesting

hmmm, idiot, lol, sorry I am going to stick with the facts I pulled up, they all match up to other markets.

Are you saying $40 mil isn't correct either

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly... Fox Sports Detroit is available in more than the metro area.. the numbers he had are seriously flawed.
I have no idea how TV markets work. Or how ratings are even conceived. (Makes very little sense to me tbh.)

I just know I've watched Red Wings games in Indiana, Tigers games when in Toledo (which Id imagine is included in Detroits numbers. It's in Ohio, but it's a shitty Michigan city.)and know FSD is available across the border in Wisconsin because my cousin lived up there.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Households that carry Fox Detroit is different, Bars probably can get them in all those areas your suggesting

hmmm, idiot, lol, sorry I am going to stick with the facts I pulled up, they all match up to other markets.

When you are talking about the TV market.. the places the channel is available is the TV market...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just going with the numbers, by Nielson ratings

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

$40mil is what they are getting now.. and they are said to be negotiating a new deal this year that would more than double that.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just going with the numbers, by Nielson ratings
thats nice.. I am just going by the fact those numbers are completely and obviously wrong.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how TV markets work. Or how ratings are even conceived. (Makes very little sense to me tbh.)

I just know I've watched Red Wings games in Indiana, Tigers games when in Toledo (which Id imagine is included in Detroits numbers. It's in Ohio, but it's a shitty Michigan city.)and know FSD is available across the border in Wisconsin because my cousin lived up there.

I have watched Royals games in Chicago (hotel), Florida condo and Dallas, doesn't mean they are in the Royals TV viewing range.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want to watch the Detroit Tigers on Fox Sports Detroit in Traverse City Michigan.. I can promise you it is broadcast there... and its 5 hours away from Detroit.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats nice.. I am just going by the fact those numbers are completely and obviously wrong.

so the $40 mil is correct, the other teams info's are correct, but you think Nielson's incorrect on the households they list for the TIgers market?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched Royals games in Chicago (hotel), Florida condo and Dallas, doesn't mean they are in the Royals TV viewing range.
that means they have the MLB Season Pass idiot.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh, 2nd idiot, lol

coming from the guy who is directly looking at the Nielson chart and saying their wrong as well but just on part of the Tigers numbers.

Got it.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the $40 mil is correct, the other teams info's are correct, but you think Nielson's incorrect on the households they list for the TIgers market?
I know its incorrect idiot.. do you really think that Grand Rapids MI doesn't get Fox Sport Det? Or Lansing? Seriously I am done talking to you.. you are just arguing to argue... Because there is no way you can't understand the concept that the entire state of michigan gets Fox Sports Det.

There is a thing called MLB Extra Innings for out of market games to be shown... I can see Tigers games in Miami if I want.. but I have to pay $200 a year for it.. In Michigan... Fox Sports Detroit is a part of the cable package... I am done with trying to explain this to you because you are going to argue for 10 fucking pages..

You need to get a god damn life bums... seriously.. you have serious mental issues.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. You can watch Royals games on the International Space Station Id imagine. But you'd have to have bought, or have access to the MLB package.

Fox Sports Detroit is available, at no extra fee, in all of MI and parts of three states we share a border with. No idea, like I said, how the market population is determined. But it won't count south western Ontario. Which is a Tigers area as well. (Sarnia, Windsor and to a lesser extent London, which was formerly our AA affliate.)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhh, 2nd idiot, lol

coming from the guy who is directly looking at the Nielson chart and saying their wrong as well but just on part of the Tigers numbers.

Got it.
Yes... I am.. I am saying that they are just showing the Detroit Metro area... which doesn't show the actual entire TV market Fox Sports Detroit is located in... Yes Bums.. I am saying its incorrect....

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that means they have the MLB Season Pass idiot.

The house in dallas didn't have MLB Pass, you idiot, lol, they don't even like baseball and sure wasn't going to pay for it.

The Hotel in Chicago probably.

Doubt the place in florida did either, but I couldn't pull up all MLB games.

But I am sure you know about everyplace's TV's choices in the country.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... I am.. I am saying that they are just showing the Detroit Metro area... which doesn't show the actual entire TV market Fox Sports Detroit is located in... Yes Bums.. I am saying its incorrect....

cool, good for you, I will pass on more TV talk, I have to go with the Neilson company, they are pretty reputable.