• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The house in dallas didn't have MLB Pass, you idiot, lol, they don't even like baseball and sure wasn't going to pay for it.

The Hotel in Chicago probably.

Doubt the place in florida did either, but I couldn't pull up all MLB games.

But I am sure you know about everyplace's TV's choices in the country.
there is no way for an out of market game to be on TV out of their home market unless it is on a national broadcast like tbs or espn.... or they paid for the MLB extra innings subscription.... there literally is NO WAY.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want to watch the Detroit Tigers on Fox Sports Detroit in Traverse City Michigan.. I can promise you it is broadcast there... and its 5 hours away from Detroit.
I watched a Pistons game there two weeks. The Courtyard provided me with a awfully damned small TV to watch it on though.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The house in dallas didn't have MLB Pass, you idiot, lol, they don't even like baseball and sure wasn't going to pay for it.

The Hotel in Chicago probably.

Doubt the place in florida did either, but I couldn't pull up all MLB games.

But I am sure you know about everyplace's TV's choices in the country.
I do know... That is how the TV contracts work idiot... There is no way a TV in Miami has access to a Royals game unless it is broadcast on a national broadcast or they have MLB extra innings... that is how they make their money... jesus fucking christ.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. You can watch Royals games on the International Space Station Id imagine. But you'd have to have bought, or have access to the MLB package.

Fox Sports Detroit is available, at no extra fee, in all of MI and parts of three states we share a border with. No idea, like I said, how the market population is determined. But it won't count south western Ontario. Which is a Tigers area as well. (Sarnia, Windsor and to a lesser extent London, which was formerly our AA affliate.)

I don't know how Nielson does it either. Who knows if stations subcontract or something, I have NO clue. Just have to go with what Nielson says, seems like that's what they use for Contracts though.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know... That is how the TV contracts work idiot... There is no way a TV in Miami has access to a Royals game unless it is broadcast on a national broadcast or they have MLB extra innings... that is how they make their money... jesus fucking christ.

cool, thanks

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how Nielson does it either. Who knows if stations subcontract or something, I have NO clue. Just have to go with what Nielson says, seems like that's what they use for Contracts though.
obviosuly the nielson numbers were only using the metro area of the city the team plays in.. not the actual entire TV market.. If you had half a brain you would understand there is a reason why the Orioles didn't want the Nationals to move to DC.. because it WAS their TV market... the same fight happens between the A's and the Giants over San Jose....

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had enough for tonight... Have a good night...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviosuly the nielson numbers were only using the metro area of the city the team plays in.. not the actual entire TV market.. If you had half a brain you would understand there is a reason why the Orioles didn't want the Nationals to move to DC.. because it WAS their TV market... the same fight happens between the A's and the Giants over San Jose....

cool, thanks, just using Nielson's chart

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool, thanks, just using Nielson's chart
thats nice... you obviously don't have the common sense to understand that TV markets extend outside the city the team plays in... so explaining this to you is pointless.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always confused the hell out of me on how they figure ratings. Is there some sort of device? Do they give you a questionnaire? Nobody has ever asked me what I watched last night. In an official capacity anyway.

I assume the bids on broadcasting a team's games would be determined by the ad revenue the games can generate. And Id think that would be determined by the number of people who have access to the broadcasts. If that falls in line with with metro population, fan base population, or population that has access to the channel, well, I don't know.

I do know they run a lot of statewide ads during Tigers games. Somewhat generic stuff. Since it's the entire state watching. And nobody in Detroit has an actual television.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats nice... you obviously don't have the common sense to understand that TV markets extend outside the city the team plays in... so explaining this to you is pointless.

oh I understand, I also understand that NIELSON for mlb contracts uses THIS chart. I can read, getting info from you is pointless.

But its cool, thanks for the input.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last summer, my brother in law, who lives north of San Fran, was convinced I could watch Tigers games at his place.

It woulda been over $200 to do it. We just went to a Giants game instead. Lol

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always confused the hell out of me on how they figure ratings. Is there some sort of device? Do they give you a questionnaire? Nobody has ever asked me what I watched last night. In an official capacity anyway.

I assume the bids on broadcasting a team's games would be determined by the ad revenue the games can generate. And Id think that would be determined by the number of people who have access to the broadcasts. If that falls in line with with metro population, fan base population, or population that has access to the channel, well, I don't know.

I do know they run a lot of statewide ads during Tigers games. Somewhat generic stuff. Since it's the entire state watching. And nobody in Detroit has an actual television.

I remember in the 80's my grandfather actually had a device from Nielson, we didn't but we didn't have the zip box cable...we just had the 3 channels.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, he had the zip box cable, we did not.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sent it back after awhile, have no idea how it works, I was like 12.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have received a call before and been asked. Have no idea how they do it now.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember in the 80's my grandfather actually had a device from Nielson, we didn't but we didn't have the zip box cable...we just had the 3 channels.
So there is a device!?! I'll be damned, always wondered.

I never had cable (couldn't, were hillbillies) growing up either. Always wondered how they'd know which way the antenna was pointed and what channel the dial was turned to. Lol