• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire HOF must be meaningless if Miggy Cabrera's accomplishments are meaningless.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course....getting rid of David Price and Yoenis Cespedes should make the Tigers BETTER next year....a year older for VMart and Cabrera and Kinsler should only help those guys right? Jd Martinez DEFINITELY repeats 38 home runs this year! Francisco Rodriguez is as good as he was a decade ago at the closer spot- TOTALLY reliable! - Plus the Tigers farm system is IMPROVED from last year- no longer about the worst in baseball- just bottom 10!

When Price and Cespedes were playing last year, for the most part Verlander, Cabrera and V-mart were not. If those three are healthy this year, it's a wash or better.

Zimmermann > any other pitcher the Tigers had after Price last year.

Upton = Cespedes, and > any left fielder the Tigers had after July.

A healthy Anibal Sanchez (not guaranteed, I realize) > the Sanchez we saw last year

F-Rod, even at 34 > Nathan, Soria, Rondon, Feliz, Wilson, or any other person who tried to close games for Detroit last year.

J.D. Martinez with a better lineup around him is at least = J.D. Martinez last year.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though slinky.. I hope you are just trying to argue with me and don't honestly believe the shit you post here.

What shit is that? The baseball stuff that you don't understand? Or the stuff about me absolutely not believing a word that you say about your real life?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Price and Cespedes were playing last year, for the most part Verlander, Cabrera and V-mart were not. If those three are healthy this year, it's a wash or better.

Zimmermann > any other pitcher the Tigers had after Price last year.

Upton = Cespedes, and > any left fielder the Tigers had after July.

A healthy Anibal Sanchez (not guaranteed, I realize) > the Sanchez we saw last year

F-Rod, even at 34 > Nathan, Soria, Rondon, Feliz, Wilson, or any other person who tried to close games for Detroit last year.

J.D. Martinez with a better lineup around him is at least = J.D. Martinez last year.
Upton > Cespedes.

There is a reason why Cespedes didn't get a big long contract.. because before last year... He wasn't an elite hitter... Cespedes will not be repeating last year. Mets will be lucky to get 2014 version.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What shit is that? The baseball stuff that you don't understand? Or the stuff about me absolutely not believing a word that you say about your real life?
Well.. lets start by the fact you should not be concerned about what another poster on a sports site does outside of the forum... Literally.. I could care less who you are... not sure why it gets brought up so much.. I assume because of the endless beatdowns I give da55bums.. who volunteered the info of himself to me.. then had it blow up in his face.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
am going to head down to the Hillstone Restaurant in Coral Gables for a few mid day beverages...

Day drinking .... hell yes, if I wasn't stuck in Michigan. :suds:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. lets start by the fact you should not be concerned about what another poster on a sports site does outside of the forum...

Good point. So, how does that relate to your infatuation with bums' personal life?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35 years old...use the word 'dick' continuously. Uses sexual references all the time...even when no one else does. Avatar has a picture suggesting a large 'dick'. Is this what normal 35 year old college grads do? UM grad with no vocabulary skills past pre-teen put downs. The more I read, the more I see a physically damaged young man stuck in a room with an internet life.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually believe that Slinky and I would get along well in person... Pretty much all of us would outside of that stat nerd Stan that would be busy over analyzing everything while everyone else was having a good time and iffy who is to old to be able to keep up.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slash lines through age 32 seasons:

Cabrera: .321/.399/.562/.961/155

Thome: .285/.411/.568/.979/152

Pretty close at this point. Cabrera's got more chapters to write.
LOL.. through age 32 seasons... how many more WS titles, WS Appearances, MVP, Batting Titles, HR Titles, RBI Titles, Triple Crowns, All Star appearances... Seriously... he has no chapters to write... there isn't a sane person on this planet that thinks Jim Thome was a better hitter than Miggy Cabrera.

Seriously.. was Thome ever even an MVP? Did he get any awards at all for anything?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anything in here saying he was the best of his generation... I see a hypothetical question... but nothing stating.. yes.. he was.

Read and interpret better, then....the theHardball Times article is arguing that Thomas is the the best hitter they've seen in their lives (when it was written), so aren't they saying he's the best hitter of his generation?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously for a moment.....there are other posters here. Howie, for example. slinky, stanmarsh. I know NOTHING about there personal lives. Don't care to know. But Vice....he has bragged about HIS life constantly. Why? Just think about the WHY!

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read and interpret better, then....the theHardball Times article is arguing that Thomas is the the best hitter they've seen in their lives (when it was written), so aren't they saying he's the best hitter of his generation?
I think you should go back to looking at advanced stats nerd.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. through age 32 seasons... how many more WS titles, WS Appearances, MVP, Batting Titles, HR Titles, RBI Titles, Triple Crowns, All Star appearances... Seriously... he has no chapters to write... there isn't a sane person on this planet that thinks Jim Thome was a better hitter than Miggy Cabrera.

Seriously.. was Thome ever even an MVP? Did he get any awards at all for anything?

How many WS titles does Cabrera have?