• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8 NFL Teams Looking For New Head Coaches

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following 8 teams are looking for a new head coach. The Atlanta Falcons fired all of their coaches except the head coach and there arumorsstarting the the Pittsburgh Steelers might let Tomlin go. Winning is important but so is having the team under control and playing like pros.

Arizona Cardinals
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Denver Broncos
Green Bay Packers
Miami Dolphins
New York Jets
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Word is that Brian Flores the unofficial Defensive Coordinator of the Patriots will interview with the Bengals, Browns, Broncos and Dolphins this weekend. Josh McDaniels the Offensive Coordinator of the Patriots will interview with the Green Bay Packers, Cincinnati Bengals and the New York Jets this weekend. Don't know how fans of these teams feel, but it's becoiming an annual rite in New England.

I imagine that other OC and DC will also be interviewing but haven't heard anything official.

25% of the teams are looking for someone who can steer an NFL Luxury Liner.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fans always want their coach fired if they don't make the playoffs. Lots of happy fans right now but will their teams actually make the right hire? i mean, hell, the Cardinals messed their hire up so bad, they had to fire him after just 1 season.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL teams don't have any vision. How could any coach be expected to do much in 3 seasons let alone 1? Some of these firings are alright, but if you're going to fire Steve Wilks after one year then why did you hire him in the first place? What was Todd Bowles supposed to do in New York with that roster? How was Adam Gase supposed to do much better than he did?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL teams don't have any vision. How could any coach be expected to do much in 3 seasons let alone 1? Some of these firings are alright, but if you're going to fire Steve Wilks after one year then why did you hire him in the first place? What was Todd Bowles supposed to do in New York with that roster? How was Adam Gase supposed to do much better than he did?

a lot of times, organizations fire coaches to maintain the illusion that they are trying as hard as they can to win for their fan base .... they've got to keep selling tickets, right?

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of times, organizations fire coaches to maintain the illusion that they are trying as hard as they can to win for their fan base .... they've got to keep selling tickets, right?
Oh yea. If you've got a bad front office, you can't expect them to make a good coaching hire. In the example of Arizona firing Wilks, if i were a Cardinal fan, i would have no faith that the front office actually knows what they want to do by hiring him in the first place. You knew you were going to draft your QB of the future, so why didn't you make the right coaching hire in the first place instead of an older defensive coordinator?

My take on each team, from afar of course:

Arizona Cardinals - Stated above.

Cincinnati Bengals - 16 years is a long time, so a change might be in order.

Cleveland Browns - Based on what i've heard, Hue Jackson needed to go. You've got the 1st overall pick and got a huge infusion of talent on both sides of the ball. They could've done better to start the season.

Denver Broncos - What is Vance Joseph supposed to do with that team? The defense isn't what it used to be and Keenum isn't a good QB, just had a magical season with the Vikings. You also had two really good teams in the division to make it an uphill battle.

Green Bay Packers - Firing McCarthy is fine but i suspect this season had more to do with Rodgers, based on some things i've read. No problem with this though, McCarthy had run his course.

Miami Dolphins - What more could Gace really have done with that team? Lots of injuries on the offensive line, his starting QB down for a while, and a defense that outperformed expectations.

New York Jets - What more is Bowles supposed to do there? The only thing i can see is that NYJ wants to grab a younger offensive mind to develop Darnold. Bowles had very little to work with there though.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Offense was pretty awesome even without a decent NFL running back on the roster. The defense lost a bunch of guys to injury early and never was all that talented to start with. You've got a career backup in Fitzpatrick and a former #1 pick in Winston who's decent but not great. What else could Koetter really have done, and what kind of coach are you going to hire to do better?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals need a new QB, new uniforms, new mascot, and a new city too. But I'll settle for a new coach. Baby steps.

And please try to take this seriously and don't hire Vance, McDaniels, or Hue. You already had your laughs and giggles, Mike Brown. A whole life's worth.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns job the best? Hard to believe but I gotta think it is.

On offense of course you have Baker, but also Chubb, a solid O-line, Landry is a decent wideout.

On defense you have Myles Garret- who is a beast, Ward who might be a shutdown corner if he can stay healthy, and some other guys like Randall, Ogunjobi, Schobert, etc.

Tons of cap space as well.

Itll be interesting to see what the Browns do/who they end up with and if they are good enough to make a playoff run next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals need a new QB, new uniforms, new mascot, and a new city too. But I'll settle for a new coach. Baby steps.

And please try to take this seriously and don't hire Vance, McDaniels, or Hue. You already had your laughs and giggles, Mike Brown. A whole life's worth.
if they hire Hue I will feel so bad for Bengals fans.