• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 Games In...

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you guys think of the team 5 games in?

I'm pretty happy and 4-1 isn't too bad. The defense has been solid, but losing Wilfork is gonna hurt us. I think the offense will peak nearing the end of the season once Gronk is back for awhile and everything is in sink. I think we win 11-12 games and a top 3 seed in the playoffs, hopefully higher. I see Denver and NE possibly being the top 2 seeds.

Denver is clearing the best and then you have Indy, NE, Baltimore, and KC.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next 5 games look pretty easy, probably 4-1 at the worst.

NO, NYJ, MIA, PIT and CAR.

Might lose to NO or MIA, don't see us losing to the Jets, Steelers or Panthers.

I could see us going 5-1 and being 9-1 going into the Denver game. Could be a 9-1 vs 10-0 game.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fairly satisfied with where the Pats are right now. I felt that they would be 4-1 at this point in the season, although I thought Atlanta would have been the loss. The two things that still nag at me are the string of injuries and the play of Brady. Wilfork is down for the season and Kelly just went down yesterday. If Kelly is gone for a long period of time, the middle of the DL becomes very porous. Also, Gronk is still not back and it will take him a while to get into midseason form. Amendola is back, but was his groin injury just the sign of things to come? Adding Collie shows that BB is concerned about the receiving corps. The receivers brings me to Brady. He has had several good but not superb games this season. Has his game slipped from "excellent" into the "very good" category? Brady may be like the school genius who always got A+ in all his courses and now is starting to get "A's". Still very good, but a noticeable slide down from past achievements. I hope I am wrong, but this is about the longest stretch of "good-very good" rather than "excellent" games that I have seen him play.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like what I'm seeing. They have problems on offense handling strong athletic fronts just like they did in the last two Super Bowls. They've also been bottom feeders along the interior of the D-line for years and now they have a mediocre front to show for it. One injury to Wilfork and they have to insert undrafted free agents or players waived by other teams and schemes can't cover up indefinitely for lower echelon players. I also don't get the infatuation with Ninkovich, he may play smart "BB defense" but he doesn't overwhelm anyone and yet they decide to lock him up for the next four years. IMO he's really another scheme player. Gregory? The Pats used to take advantage of Jim Leonhard but despite that they decide to sign a similar player. IMO...This team needs to spend some serious chips in the draft to fix this team's problems in the middle.

You can be happy with 4-1 against average to below average teams but the Pats aren't close to where they should be after so many drafts and wasted draft picks...blah blah blah.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree mostly with TKO. Very disappointed with the team at this point and am lowering expectations accordingly. We may make the playoffs but doing anything significant this year is off my chart.

As for Brady, he is surrounded by an offense that flat-out sucks. What's he supposed to do?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and y'all can hang your hats on Gronk coming back but until I see something of the old Gronkowski, I don't think he's gonna make squat one of a difference. Dude's been a china doll for the past two years.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team isn't there yet, but if you expected them to be, you were far too optimistic. This team from the start was expected to have a rough start, and become better as the year went on. 4-1 is about as much as could have been expected going into the season, and I think the collie signing was more about the high number of injuries at the position than not being happy with what is there. This team, excluding a couple extra injuries, is right about where they should be.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with the Def for now. Losing Vince showed big time yesterday and not having him or Kelly on the field when Cinn scored was the reason why Cinn went up the middle. What bothers me is this offense right now. We have no running game at all, and when we do move the ball by running, we abandon it as soon as we get it going. Bolden is not cutting at the 3rd down RB, he constantly drops the ball and has ruined some big plays. It is mind blowing that after 5 weeks, TB and the WR are not on the same page. Something has to change there. Overall, I give Cinn credit for shutting this offense down, which is not very good to being with.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with the Def for now. Losing Vince showed big time yesterday and not having him or Kelly on the field when Cinn scored was the reason why Cinn went up the middle. What bothers me is this offense right now. We have no running game at all, and when we do move the ball by running, we abandon it as soon as we get it going. Bolden is not cutting at the 3rd down RB, he constantly drops the ball and has ruined some big plays. It is mind blowing that after 5 weeks, TB and the WR are not on the same page. Something has to change there. Overall, I give Cinn credit for shutting this offense down, which is not very good to being with.

Apart from what has been said, I would add that the play calling was horrible. 1st and goal on the 2 and you pass twice, then run, then go for FG????
Could have run all 4 downs and I guarantee they would have scored TD.
Blount was averaging close to 5 yards per carry. The worst part is this seemed more like let Brady continue his meaningless record for consecutive games with TD pass, that is more scary.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apart from what has been said, I would add that the play calling was horrible. 1st and goal on the 2 and you pass twice, then run, then go for FG????
Blount was averaging close to 5 yards per carry. The worst part is this seemed more like let Brady continue his meaningless record for consecutive games with TD pass, that is more scary.

Ia was surprised they didn't challenge DA scoring. It looked like he got the ball to the line.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be happy with 4-1 against average to below average teams but the Pats aren't close to where they should be after so many drafts and wasted draft picks...blah blah blah.
You are forgetting that every other team(31 of them) has had the same number of drafts.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean the 2nd down pass to Solder was not good for you? At least us a TE. On use him as a FB in that situation. I agree McDummy has not been on this yr.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here the top ten te in the league and the number of receptions they got. where do we rank??

1 Jimmy Graham NO TE 37

2 Jordan Cameron CLE TE 33
3 Antonio Gates SD TE 32
4 Jason Witten DAL TE 28
5 Julius Thomas DEN TE 27
6 Martellus Bennett CHI TE 25
7 Owen Daniels HOU TE 24
8 Charles Clay MIA TE 23
9 Tony Gonzalez ATL TE 23
10 Jermaine Gresham CIN TE 22

43 Michael Hoomanawanui NE TE 4

loool

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ia was surprised they didn't challenge DA scoring. It looked like he got the ball to the line.

It was close, but if you can't punch it in on a 1st and goal you have serious problems. Hell Brady could have even tried his trademark QB sneak.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the 2nd down pass to Solder was not good for you? At least us a TE. On use him as a FB in that situation. I agree McDummy has not been on this yr.

That was one of the stupid plays, especially after the effective drive.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not the loss that is worrisome. 4-1 is great, because we got some lucky breaks in other games. It's the offense being so ineffective that hurts. Cincy's D was on their game, for sure, but we did not take advantage of opportunities and that is very unlike rhe Pats. At least the D is doing their job or we could be 1-4 right now.