• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Seahawks: THANKSGIVING NIGHT Week 12

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye Pete...U and you're staff suck

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly right. Although it is possible that Geno is incapable of adjusting at the line as well

Geno didn't call some long developing play there as the D is showing full pressure. Game after game the plan just doesn't adapt to how the other team is attacking. That's not Geno not audibling out of a play. It's a failure for play calling to pivot.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett saved a pick there

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. Good defenses really shut this offense down.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. Good defenses really shut this offense down.
I wouldn't call it an offense.

There needs to be an intervention with owenrship, they have to make radical changes

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno had an easy TD pass had he just thrown it sooner and slightly deeper, instead he waits and under throws it …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners are just better right now… Seahawks needs drastic changes

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the 4-3 defense back, I’m sick of this experiment with the 3-4, I’m tired of watching us give up so many dam rushing yards every game.. Effin sick of it

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Geno please throw a TD..3 all month...Really!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we traded away Russ, I wanted the team to move on from Pete. It was time for a reset. We didn't do it. We are now 2 years into the post Russ era and we are worse off than we were when Russ was here despite having, IMO, a lot more talent.

There are certain problems that this team has had for YEARS and can't seem to address.

• An inability to deal with heavy pressure. Teams bring 6 and we collapse offensively. There is a reason why the 46 defense was a one hit wonder. Because teams adjusted and it went from unstoppable to pathetic.
  • Our OLine has gotten worse this year. It started off pretty good but we are a nightmare at RT. The fact that we had AARP alum Jason Peters starting at RT is an indictment of this team's planning. We cut Curhan and Forsyth is a sieve on the right side. I get that losing a 2nd year stud like Lucas was a blow but you HAVE to have someone else that can sorta do the job
  • One of the reasons I thought it was time to move on from Pete was because his desired style of play is not in line with what this offense is good at. He wants to play down tempo ball control games where you just out-execute the other team. Which is great. IF you can out execute the other team. This worked in our hey day. But it doesn't work now. You HAVE to be adaptable to succeed in the NFL.
  • While I think that Geno gets too much blame for our problems, there is no question that Geno on his best day is still not as good as Russ is today. We improved the talent around the team but we took a big hit at QB.
  • To be clear, I love Pete. He's our greatest coach and we've had some good ones. But at some point we have to admit that the team has had the same problems year over year for the past 5-6 years.
We have to stop blaming everyone else and start blaming the guy in charge at some point.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neon green jammies...wtf?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It pisses me off Pete sees the struggles but absolutely refuses to change back

In defense of Pete, I think this is largely not a thing. His defense has ALWAYS been a quasi 3-4 defense. Even in our great years.

"The Seahawks defense is certainly unusual in its front seven, no doubt about that one. Is it "a 4-3 defense with 3-4 elements" ... well ... What does that even mean? Descriptions like that tend to cause more confusion than they clarify anything. Does that mean our front seven is schematically close to a traditional 3-4? It really isn't. That we have the personnel to run a 3-4? For the most part, we really don't. The basic thinking here stems from the fact that we have three unusually big bodies on the front line, especially Red Bryant, a prototypical 3-4 end. But we play a fairly straight-up, although not very traditional, 4-3.

If we call Nwosu or Mafe or Taylor a DE does that somehow make us a 4-3?

I'm not smart enough to know what this defense really needs to do to get good. I feel like we have too many good pieces for it to be this bad. Not that I think it is terrible but it should be better.

Our offense, OTOH, makes no sense to me. There are teams with weaker lines and weaker QBs that perform better than our offense does.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree flyerhawk, its time for a full reboot. We havent done anything but stagnate since losing the SB and that was NINE years ago.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree flyerhawk, its time for a full reboot. We havent done anything but stagnate since losing the SB and that was NINE years ago.
But we had success with Stagnateability making Playoff, after playoff, after playoff..................................

But i agree with Flyer. We need some fresh eyes and fresh thinking

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to stop blaming everyone else and start blaming the guy in charge at some point.
OK I will. When Pete traded away RW the plan obviously was to rebuild and since they traded away their QB they would need to find their future QB in the draft. First draft (post RW) there wasn't any good candidates in the draft, so Pete did the right thing and passed entirely on the QB position and drafted BPA. When your first rebuilding this is the best course and Pete/John did a great job in the draft. Then disaster struck. The team played way better than expected and Geno had a freak streak where he played over his head against some shoddy defenses and Pete decided they could win with Geno at QB. :L Now when this rebuild started the plan wasn't to build around the backup QB, who was a journeymen for his entire career and was in his thirty's. However Pete loves taking shortcuts and convinced himself that they could build around Geno and use that early pick on another position and speed up building the roster. :gaah:In truth the roster wasn't ready yet and going with Geno was almost certain to blow up in his face and it has. Trading next years second for a rent a player is another Petes "lets take a shortcut" move that usually backfires on him.
Now I think it's obvious to all of us that finding the QB of the future should of been priory #1, instead we will go into next years draft drafting semi late at best and no second round pick and no QB of the future on the roster. I will say they drafted well last spring (2023 draft) (minus finding a future QB). Losing both tackles to injuries (who were the cornerstone of the OL) and deciding to replace some OL that started in 2022 for new guys didn't help establishing any cohesion for the OL this year and Geno isn't the QB to do well under these circumstances.

I'm not sure what Pete is going to do, but with all the shortcuts he's tried at the expense of building a core foundation through the draft I think there is a good chance he hangs it up.

Last edited: