• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Seahawks: THANKSGIVING NIGHT Week 12

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need an offensive HC and a DC like dan quinn. Harbaugh while personally hard to like, can get the most out of low quality Qbs and can build a running game.

Going with an offensive-minded HC makes a lot of sense in today's NFL because if you do it the other way and then hire a bright OC, they often get snapped up after a couple years to be HCs.

Reactions: MrS

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going with an offensive-minded HC makes a lot of sense in today's NFL because if you do it the other way and then hire a bright OC, they often get snapped up after a couple years to be HCs.
I thin Bienemy is a name to consider.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, I would prefer someone who is not proven. More risk but a much better chance of big success.
thats possible, could be shanahan or could be brandon staley. but harbaugh has been to a superbowl and three NFC championships in a row? and he did it with colin freaking kaepernick and alex smith.

question is, does jody allen have the balls to do what needs to be done?

would paul hire a no name OC? or would he go get a big name like harbaugh? i think we all know the answer.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Pete has been amazing for Seattle, but it’s getting to be time, all good things come to an end and I think his run in Seattle is coming to its conclusion.. I was never happy with Pete expecting Geno to suddenly be that guy, he’s done better than we all expected, but you can see his mental inconsistency all the time…

Seahawks need to clean house, starting with Pete Carroll, the OC, DC and GM.

Year after year they've failed to put a competent defense in place against the run. The offense continues to be basic, unimaginative and predictable.

For maybe the 8th year in a row, I repeat, "Seahawks are going nowhere with that defense."

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll needs to rah-rah less and get in people's faces when they don't perform at their best.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made Sam Howell a starting caliber QB.
Washington is averaging fewer points per game than the Seahawks this season. no to Harbaugh. Need a fresh upcoming offensive mind hopefully not old.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made Sam Howell a starting caliber QB.

Sam Howell is on his way to turning the ball over 20+ times this season. He had a great game against philly and a couple of solid ones but I dont think anybody would be surprised if the Commanders drafted a QB and Howell turns into a back up

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never let one game get to me but after many games that I have witnessed this year, we are definitely under achieving with the talent we have. When we traded Wilson we were definitely going into rebuild mode. Fools gold was we could be competitive while rebuilding. Mind you we did have had some good drafts and on the rebuild front we are doing OK. Just a lot more work to do. Still missing pieces to the puzzle

Our defense can’t tackle
The center of our line can’t block
Films out on Geno, teams know how to stop him.

Both coordinators are struggling to get the best out of the players we have.

Time for some changes. Time to continue to work on the rebuild. Time to add players to the two great drafts that we had

Maybe it is time for both Pete and JS to go but only if we have a solid plan for replacement. It is so hard near impossible to be good year after year. Pete and JS have done a great job trying to keep this thing going but in the NFL, every once in awhile you need fresh blood

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In defense of Pete, I think this is largely not a thing. His defense has ALWAYS been a quasi 3-4 defense. Even in our great years.

If we call Nwosu or Mafe or Taylor a DE does that somehow make us a 4-3?

I'm not smart enough to know what this defense really needs to do to get good. I feel like we have too many good pieces for it to be this bad. Not that I think it is terrible but it should be better.

Our offense, OTOH, makes no sense to me. There are teams with weaker lines and weaker QBs that perform better than our offense does.
We were mostly a 4-3 with bigger guys on the line with KJ, Wags and whoever else at LB. They were always strong against the run throughout those years. 3-4 now does not work as opposing teams o-line is much bigger against our guys opening gaping holes for their RBs to gash us.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were mostly a 4-3 with bigger guys on the line with KJ, Wags and whoever else at LB. They were always strong against the run throughout those years. 3-4 now does not work as opposing teams o-line is much bigger against our guys opening gaping holes for their RBs to gash us.

But that is an issue of personnel, not scheme.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every single head coach wants to win now. Even moreso when they are 70+ years old. I guess I don't understand what people thought they were going to get with Pete after we traded Russ.

You and I have gone back and forth on this but I still think you are too myopic about it. I know a lot of fans are pointing to CJ Stroud and saying that we should have gone after him. Hindsight is a helluva drug. First off, he was already gone when we drafted. Secondly, it's unlikely that we could have traded for him. Lastly, we don't know whether he will be a good QB or no.

FTR, I think the Williams trade was a good trade and we will resign him. But if we don't he will likely go somewhere else and help us nab a 3rd round pick anyway.
It's not hindsight when I was banging the gavel wanting to trade up for CJ. I never like giving up draft assets but in this case I would have sold the farm for him. Mid way his junior year I thought this kid had all the tools and a better prospect than Bryce Young. Time will tell but on the short term what he's done in Houston is remarkable considering he's throwing to no name WRs and the team was projected to finish last in the league.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not hindsight when I was banging the gavel wanting to trade up for CJ. I never like giving up draft assets but in this case I would have sold the farm for him. Mid way his junior year I thought this kid had all the tools and a better prospect than Bryce Young. Time will tell but on the short term what he's done in Houston is remarkable considering he's throwing to no name WRs and the team was projected to finish last in the league.

I doubt there was any way we could have convinced Houston to trade down to us.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's both. You can have the personnel that doesn't succeed cause of the scheme.

The point is whether you call someone like Darrell Taylor or Nwosu a linebacker or a de doesn't really change anything.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you guys were at least decent on defense despite the score. Defense got 0 help from the offense and you're not going to beat the 9ers offense if you don't pressure them out of the run game.

Geno always looks lost against the 9ers D. Feels like if he's getting pressure he gives up and just waits to be sacked. He can sprinkle a string of nice plays but seems like a matter of time before the wheels fall off.

Still between the 4 games out the Geno era Hawks this might have been the worst I've seen them play.
Gotta keep adding to the defense which played well for being backed up at times and yes Geno shit the bed again. 2nd half of last years playoff game was worse. That ended the season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt there was any way we could have convinced Houston to trade down to us.
If Richardson was their 2nd choice they might have moved for the farm. Trading with Chicago would have been more ideal.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is whether you call someone like Darrell Taylor or Nwosu a linebacker or a de doesn't really change anything.
Sure it does. This current scheme they're in their designated position but change it to a 4-3 scheme they're not and possibly drafting for the 4-3 scheme means drafting different personnel.