• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Seahawks: THANKSGIVING NIGHT Week 12

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it does. This current scheme they're in their designated position but change it to a 4-3 scheme they're not and possibly drafting for the 4-3 scheme means drafting different personnel.

What position do you think they would be playing in a 4-3?

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem to be indecisive of which scheme we are running. I gave the benefit of doubt last year because they had so many missing pieces. But this year I expected it to go smoother than it has. Fundamentals and discipline are lacking. We can’t tackle.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Pete has been amazing for Seattle, but it’s getting to be time, all good things come to an end and I think his run in Seattle is coming to its conclusion.. I was never happy with Pete expecting Geno to suddenly be that guy, he’s done better than we all expected, but you can see his mental inconsistency all the time…

This year just seems like regression from Pete's end. We're back to outside the numbers throws (refusal to go over the middle or anything close to it, on the INT to the outside right throw in the 9ers game, I thought it was going to a WIDE open TE inside, but nope... way outside throw well covered. That's ONE example), the tight ends seem like an afterthought again. The runs have gone back to Lynch era (just between the tackles, very little DESIGNED outside which is what Walker was drafted for (makes me think it wasn't Pete's idea to draft him), not a LOT of passes to our RBs (despite one being great at it, and the other being pretty dangerous with it), etc. On the defensive front, despite this highly aggressive secondary... still this 3-3-5 crap gone wrong, and in the 49ers game especially RIGHT BACK to soft zone and variations of prevent.

It's the same ol' Carroll run team of his early career. Russell did carry the offense early on with his dangerous playmaking ability to extend plays, and Lynch eventually had the smashmouth running style Pete liked. Pete is still trying to do that and keep a soft zone defense which worked when Wagner was young, Wright was incredible in pass coverage, and the front 4 was potent.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some here do not like bo nix, but i think he fits the mold of what they like and may be the guy the go and get. Still might need to trade up a bit to get him but not into the top 5

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To many of you give Geno to much credit. No he isn't as good as Purdy or 15+ other QB's in the NFL. Geno's issues are BIG problems as the major ones are he can't read a defense and can not go through his progression.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To many of you give Geno to much credit. No he isn't as good as Purdy or 15+ other QB's in the NFL. Geno's issues are BIG problems as the major ones are he can't read a defense and can not go through his progression.
And neither can Drew Lock.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And neither can Drew Lock.
We don't know that, The test sample is Way too small. Did he look good in his last playing time? No, not really, but he Didn't get many chances with the vanilla plays they were calling. Lock looked rusty just like the announcers stated. The game was lost all ready anyway because of the piss poor play by the offense before he was put in. It's expected. The INT to Lockett showed his lack of playing time and chemistry with the wr.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know that, The test sample is Way too small. Did he look good in his last playing time? No, not really, but he Didn't get many chances with the vanilla plays they were calling. Lock looked rusty just like the announcers stated. The game was lost all ready anyway because of the piss poor play by the offense before he was put in. It's expected. The INT to Lockett showed his lack of playing time and chemistry with the wr.
Lock isnt the guy, we have to look to the draft. Maye, Daniels from lsu, bo nix, McCarthy should be given hard looks

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock isnt the guy, we have to look to the draft. Maye, Daniels from lsu, bo nix, McCarthy should be given hard looks
Yeah he very well may not be the guy but we don't know that for sure. Can't judge it off the limited playing time. Geno we know is not the answer so I would play Lock the rest of this season. They are going to lose most of the remaining games anyway.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he very well may not be the guy but we don't know that for sure. Can't judge it off the limited playing time. Geno we know is not the answer so I would play Lock the rest of this season. They are going to lose most of the remaining games anyway.
sure they could throw lock out there, and they might when we conclude our 5 game losing streak and head to tennessee for a 10am start.

sometimes I think the best thing for this team would be to end the season with an 8 game losing streak

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure they could throw lock out there, and they might when we conclude our 5 game losing streak and head to tennessee for a 10am start.

sometimes I think the best thing for this team would be to end the season with an 8 game losing streak

It would only be good if it led to Pete stepping down. It would be bad if he stayed

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the 3-4 is inherently bad?

I think the 3-4 needs a couple real special guys up front to work well. Not just bodies but special guys. Then you got to have some special OLBers that can rush like a DE and drop back into coverage.

I feel the 4-3 is a easier lineup to put men Into and have a stout defense against the run.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 3-4 needs a couple real special guys up front to work well. Not just bodies but special guys. Then you got to have some special OLBers that can rush like a DE and drop back into coverage.

I feel the 4-3 is a easier lineup to put men Into and have a stout defense against the run.

I think that the players you have matter more than the scheme you play. Bobby is all time great Seahawk and 1st ballot Hall of Famer. But he's clearly mostly washed at this point.

We are getting gashed in the middle of the field on pass plays. That sets up the running game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the players you have matter more than the scheme you play. Bobby is all time great Seahawk and 1st ballot Hall of Famer. But he's clearly mostly washed at this point.

We are getting gashed in the middle of the field on pass plays. That sets up the running game.
There are some special linebackers coming out in the 2024 NFL draft. Might see 4 or 5 go in the first round.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would only be good if it led to Pete stepping down. It would be bad if he stayed
I would be shocked if finishing 0-8 didnt force big changes.

Even our homer local media would be calling for his head at that point.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never let one game get to me but after many games that I have witnessed this year, we are definitely under achieving with the talent we have. When we traded Wilson we were definitely going into rebuild mode. Fools gold was we could be competitive while rebuilding. Mind you we did have had some good drafts and on the rebuild front we are doing OK. Just a lot more work to do. Still missing pieces to the puzzle

We knew the 2 games vs SF, @ Dallas, and vs Philly were all likely losses before we saw the schedule. I have a theory that those 4 games happening consecutively has many of us feeling more down on the team than if they were spread out. Dropping a very winnable game to the Rams right before this string certainly doesn't help; I have more of a problem with that game than if we were to lose all of these 4 against top NFC contenders. I knew we were not quite at that level going into the season, but I definitely thought we were better than to get swept by the Rams. And I know the offense has been having problems prior to the Rams re-match, but at least the team was generally still on track with where we expected it to be (9 or maybe 10 wins).

Both coordinators are struggling to get the best out of the players we have.

The D has been a little inconsistent from week to week and then in games from series to series, but if you look at it like a market performance chart I think they are clearly trending up. So I'll give the DC a bit more slack.

But to me, the offense is broken. There's way too much 1st and 2nd round talent there for it to be playing this poorly when it was firmly above average last year and even better than that for stretches. Plenty of people here just want to put most if not all of that on Geno, but I think that's simplistic. Something is wrong with our system or overall approach when we go 14 straight 3rd downs without converting. You could put DeeJay Dallas at QB and run a service academy offense and get at least 1 or 2 of those. The idea of bringing Waldron here was exciting, but it seems the things we thought we would be adding -- crossing routes, jet sweeps, TE involvement -- just haven't materialized anywhere near a consistent, effective level. Four WRs on this team are 1st or 2nd round picks. Both RBs in the 2nd round. Multiple OL picks in rounds 1-3. The QB is coming off a pro bowl season. It just shouldn't be this much of a struggle, and at some point that has to be put on the OC.

Time for some changes. Time to continue to work on the rebuild. Time to add players to the two great drafts that we had

Maybe it is time for both Pete and JS to go but only if we have a solid plan for replacement. It is so hard near impossible to be good year after year. Pete and JS have done a great job trying to keep this thing going but in the NFL, every once in awhile you need fresh blood

In the NFL, it seems you're never really all that far from major changes. Our organization has been one of the most stable during PC's tenure -- same HC/GM/QB there for 10 years, nearly unheard of today -- but Pete (and JS for that matter) definitely won't be here forever. I have no idea what to expect at the top, but I bet we see a significant turnover sooner than later. Does Pete want to stick it out through growing pains of a young QB? Does he want to be on hand for another OC integration? Is he hanging on just long enough to be the oldest coach in NFL history? If this season ends up being a complete dud, maybe that will be enough to convince him to step aside. We'll find out soon enough.