• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers real close to signing Boldin [SIGNED]

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco are both better QBs than guys like Dan Marino and Warren Moon because they both won Superbowls while Marino and Moon couldn't get it done....

:L :doh:

Wait my bad that is terrible logic and a horrible argument

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a big Smith fan but come on if u think smith is better then Kap your knowledge of football isn't great. Its a fact that Kap is better.

2nd half of the season 3-5 record and a melt down in the 1st rd.

Kap 6-2 and made it to NFC championship game for the 2nd straight year.

Facts are facts. Truth hurts sometimes.

No, it's not only not a fact; it's outright laughable. He has potential, sure, but he's nowhere near Smith's ballpark yet.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes I agree to a point but still 10 years 1 Championship. Smith is a nice solid QB and I still watch him and I hope KC does well. Heck I still have his jersey. I think Smith is a Top 15 QB. Overall its a fact that Kap is better. Thats just the truth. If u ask most knowledgable football fans most will say Kap is better.

Oh yeah this is from a post from awhile ago: Someone mention Charles being out. Didn't charles go out on like the 1st drive if so they took that lead with out Charles in the game. So please don't make that an excuse for KC losing.

Unfortunately that's not what your 'stats" were stating.

As far to whom will be better in the long run, time will tell. So far Kaps success has been having an excellent team around him with with a gimmick offense (read option) that caught up to him this year. The "everyone run deep and Kap run the ball" or "One read lock on and missile it in" offense may catch up to him next year.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I'm not saying he lost the game by himself. Overall they still lost. What about the 3-5 record in the 2nd half. Maybe they were 3-5 because like some stated he was throwing down field more.

Smith 10 years in the league 1 NFC championship game

Kap 2 years in the league 2 NFC championship games and a Super Bowl.

Here are more facts for you. Damn this is an easy argument. U have nothing to back your argument.

Now with that said I like Smith and think he is a good QB but not at the level of Kap. My stats show that.

They were 3-5 because the D shit the bed. You clearly did not watch any of the games. I made a habit to. Remember Hali and Houston being out several games? Did you see the game against SD? Sorriest fucking D next to the Indy game. It was laughable.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes I agree to a point but still 10 years 1 Championship. Smith is a nice solid QB and I still watch him and I hope KC does well. Heck I still have his jersey. I think Smith is a Top 15 QB. Overall its a fact that Kap is better. Thats just the truth. If u ask most knowledgable football fans most will say Kap is better.

Oh yeah this is from a post from awhile ago: Someone mention Charles being out. Didn't charles go out on like the 1st drive if so they took that lead with out Charles in the game. So please don't make that an excuse for KC losing.

So Captain Checkdown almost won a game without checking down to Charles the whole game? The reason they lost was because of their defense. The offense almost won despite not having shit for a supporting cast and they put up a ton of points. That shows Smith was doing great.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a big Smith fan but come on if u think smith is better then Kap your knowledge of football isn't great. Its a fact that Kap is better.

2nd half of the season 3-5 record and a melt down in the 1st rd.

Kap 6-2 and made it to NFC championship game for the 2nd straight year.

Facts are facts. Truth hurts sometimes.

KC doesn't have the supporting cast on offense that SF does. KC's D was absolutely decimated with injuries. Not a fair comparison.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying he lost the game but as a leader u don't let that happen. He had a great 1st half but didn't do much in the 2nd half.

So being a leader is all you need to do to get the defense to make just a single stop? bwahahahaha

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco are both better QBs than guys like Dan Marino and Warren Moon because they both won Superbowls while Marino and Moon couldn't get it done....

:L :doh:

Wait my bad that is terrible logic and a horrible argument

Nope never said that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So being a leader is all you need to do to get the defense to make just a single stop? bwahahahaha

Come on KC had a good Defense. Just not in that game. U make it sound like KC had one of the worst in the league.

This is some funny shit. I give facts and u guys give nothing. Great stuff.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC doesn't have the supporting cast on offense that SF does. KC's D was absolutely decimated with injuries. Not a fair comparison.

Yes they do. They have a better RB, have a solid #1 WR and their Oline is good. They have a good change of pace back in McCluster who catches out of the back field. And they have a great #2 WR in AJ Jenkins :-)kidding:). I had to mention AJ.

What are you talking about. The one thing they are missing is a TE. They have an offense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately that's not what your 'stats" were stating.

As far to whom will be better in the long run, time will tell. So far Kaps success has been having an excellent team around him with with a gimmick offense (read option) that caught up to him this year. The "everyone run deep and Kap run the ball" or "One read lock on and missile it in" offense may catch up to him next year.

How did it catch up to him. They made it to the NFC championship game. LOL I cant take it u guys are so blind its not even funny.

I cant believe Im having this conversation with you guys on who is better Smith or Kap. I hope u guys are playing around because if not please go get help.

I understand the love for Smith, he was with us for awhile and like I said I am still a fan but come on. Its not even close who the better player is. Kap has been here 3 years and Smith has played in 10 seasons and Kap is already a lot better then Smith.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did it catch up to him. They made it to the NFC championship game. LOL I cant take it u guys are so blind its not even funny.

I cant believe Im having this conversation with you guys on who is better Smith or Kap. I hope u guys are playing around because if not please go get help.

I understand the love for Smith, he was with us for awhile and like I said I am still a fan but come on. Its not even close who the better player is. Kap has been here 3 years and Smith has played in 10 seasons and Kap is already a lot better then Smith.

The read option caught up to him by having opponents key on it and shut it down. Defense got the 9ers as far as they did and I will say Kap's legs are the another reason. Kap is an athlete playing QB not an athletic QB, with the last passing offense in the league tooting the QB's horn is just asinine.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on KC had a good Defense. Just not in that game. U make it sound like KC had one of the worst in the league.

They had a great defense the first half of the season BEFORE MAJOR INJURIES decimated them. Great reading comprehension.

Week 12 vs SD, laughable defense:
Houston and Hali both left in the second quarter. Houston didn't return until the playoffs vs Indy with an elbow injury. Hali came back healthy two weeks later off a bum ankle and then injured his knee and played hobbled until he sat out week 17 against SD. KC's entire defense thrived off their passrush, once that went out the window they were not the same. Both games against SD, Denver, and Indy are prime examples of if they just had a little more D they probably have 4 more wins and are in the next round of the playoffs.

Justin Houston left the Wild Card game against Indy before the Colts mounted their comeback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they do. They have a better RB, have a solid #1 WR and their Oline is good. They have a good change of pace back in McCluster who catches out of the back field. And they have a great #2 WR in AJ Jenkins :-)kidding:). I had to mention AJ.

What are you talking about. The one thing they are missing is a TE. They have an offense.

Crabtree and Boldin > Bowe.
Our oline > KC.
Davis > all of their TEs combined.

That is the definition of a better supporting cast.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How is that an excuse. Im stating he made nice jump with out his #1 WR. :laugh3: Thats not excuse. Again that is a fact. Crabtree didn't play this year until the end.

Thank you for making my argument.

So where's his "jump?" He didn't reach the SB this year. According to you, he must have been worse. Which statistical categories did he show improvement in?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Well if your goal in this thread is to try to come up with a series of the worst arguments ever made, congratulations. You are doing a stellar job.

If you don't think losing Charles affected the KC offense, you're simply a moron. And losing Charles was a fact, so it couldn't possibly be an excuse. Isn't that what you just said about Kap?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Btw, if we want to talk second-half meltdowns in this year's playoffs, let's take a look at the Niners-Hawks game....

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you selling any extra Kap homer glasses? Been looking all over for a pair to disengage from reality but can't seem to find anything. Thx

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Please just stop talking. How can you cite KC's second-half collapse as evidence that Smith is worse than Kap, then completely ignore their struggles on defense? There is such a disconnect in your arguments that I almost have to think you're joking.

In the first nine games of the season, KC allowed an average of 12.3 points, and never allowed more than 17. As memory serves, they were pretty easily the best scoring D through that span. In their last eight games (including the playoff game), they allowed an average of 29.75 points, only once holding an opponent under 23 points. The worst scoring D in the league allowed 30.0 PPG. So yes, over the last half of the season, they had one of the worst Ds in the league. But I'm sure the 17 additional points they allowed per game were all Smith's fault. After all, he did throw three INTs during that eight-game span.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Delusional. KC had a below-average OL. They had one WR worth a damn, and he's almost certainly worse than both Boldin and Crabtree. They had nothing whatsoever at TE. The only position they were better than the Niners (arguably) last year was RB, where they had a phenomenal player backed up by a rookie; McCluster played very few snaps at RB prior to Charles' injury (8 rushes for 5 yards).

If that team has an offense, we should be #1 in the league.