• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers real close to signing Boldin [SIGNED]

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
378 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs and somehow it's Alex Smith's fault that the Chiefs lost that game.

Dude. Come on.

Pury is president of the I <3 Kap club. He will say anything to defend his man's honor while blaming and pointing to everything else.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pury is president of the I <3 Kap club. He will say anything to defend his man's honor while blaming and pointing to everything else.

I acknowledge that fandom is a hell of a drug, but I really can't understand how someone could attain adulthood and still think/say this kind of stuff. It just defies all sense of logic/critical thinking ability.

I also realize that if you substitute the word "senility" for the word "fandom" I could be talking about TobyTyler. What a cast of characters we have around these parts.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I acknowledge that fandom is a hell of a drug, but I really can't understand how someone could attain adulthood and still think/say this kind of stuff. It just defies all sense of logic/critical thinking ability.

I also realize that if you substitute the word "senility" for the word "fandom" I could be talking about TobyTyler. What a cast of characters we have around these parts.

It's not just Purguy, you can ask 100 football fans about Kaepernick and you will get a wide variety of responses. Even in the media, it seems to be split down the middle. Some see him as an incredible talent with a ton of upside and they absolutely love him, while others see him as an athlete pretending to be QB with some real problems...

For every Purguy there is a NinerSickness to even everything out... lol

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
378 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs and somehow it's Alex Smith's fault that the Chiefs lost that game.

Dude. Come on.

Im not saying he lost the game but as a leader u don't let that happen. He had a great 1st half but didn't do much in the 2nd half.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a big Smith fan but come on if u think smith is better then Kap your knowledge of football isn't great. Its a fact that Kap is better.

2nd half of the season 3-5 record and a melt down in the 1st rd.

Kap 6-2 and made it to NFC championship game for the 2nd straight year.

Facts are facts. Truth hurts sometimes.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im not saying he lost the game but as a leader u don't let that happen. He had a great 1st half but didn't do much in the 2nd half.

Playing with a bad receiving corps and with Knile Davis instead of Jamaal Charles. You constantly make excuses for Kap; Smith had far less to work with.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing with a bad receiving corps and with Knile Davis instead of Jamaal Charles. You constantly make excuses for Kap; Smith had far less to work with.

Not to mention that it was the defense that had a melt down in the Colts game.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even Knile Davis and Donnie Avery were knocked out of the game. Smith was working with third strings by the time the game was over. Their D had no Houston or Flowers either.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barrows:

Expect the money in Anquan Boldin's deal to be similar to the three-year, $17.5M deal Reggie Wayne got in 2012. Question is 2 or 3 years.

Why are you putting Boldin stuff in this thread? ;)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even Knile Davis and Donnie Avery were knocked out of the game. Smith was working with third strings by the time the game was over. Their D had no Houston or Flowers either.

That's right. They had McCluster playing RB at the end. And Smith threw what should have been a game-winning pass to Bowe on their last play of the game, but Bowe couldn't get both feet in.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I'm not saying he lost the game by himself. Overall they still lost. What about the 3-5 record in the 2nd half. Maybe they were 3-5 because like some stated he was throwing down field more.

Smith 10 years in the league 1 NFC championship game

Kap 2 years in the league 2 NFC championship games and a Super Bowl.

Here are more facts for you. Damn this is an easy argument. U have nothing to back your argument.

Now with that said I like Smith and think he is a good QB but not at the level of Kap. My stats show that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't make any excuses for Kap. Kap has done his job. what excuses am I giving Kap. Please tell me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I don't know if I like the 3 years for Boldin but at 5.75 million its not that bad of a deal for a solid #2 WR.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I'm not saying he lost the game by himself. Overall they still lost. What about the 3-5 record in the 2nd half. Maybe they were 3-5 because like some stated he was throwing down field more.

Here are more facts for you. Damn this is an easy argument. U have nothing to back your argument.

Now with that said I like Smith and think he is a good QB but not at the level of Kap. My stats show that.

I really HATE this argument people try to make. To me when people bring this up it makes them look like they are band wagon fans that don't know the history of the 49er franchise...:gaah:

Smith was drafted by a team that went 2-14 the prior year meaning the team was god awful... especially the O line and defense.

Kap took over a team that went 13 -3 and was a fumble away from the Superbowl. The next year he took over a team that was 6-2; the team was loaded with young pro bowl talent and one of the best run games, O line, and Defenses in the game. Fuck your stats.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Apparently you think Joe Flacco is a top-3 QB. I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't make any excuses for Kap. Kap has done his job. what excuses am I giving Kap. Please tell me.

Post #57 in this thread:

I disagree, I think Kap made a nice jump. He had a good season for not having his #1 weapon.

That's one of MANY, but I don't have time to track them all down right now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #57 in this thread:

I disagree, I think Kap made a nice jump. He had a good season for not having his #1 weapon.

That's one of MANY, but I don't have time to track them all down right now.

How is that an excuse. Im stating he made nice jump with out his #1 WR. :laugh3: Thats not excuse. Again that is a fact. Crabtree didn't play this year until the end.

Thank you for making my argument.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really HATE this argument people try to make. To me when people bring this up it makes them look like they are band wagon fans that don't know the history of the 49er franchise...:gaah:

Smith was drafted by a team that went 2-14 the prior year meaning the team was god awful... especially the O line and defense.

Kap took over a team that went 13 -3 and was a fumble away from the Superbowl. The next year he took over a team that was 6-2; the team was loaded with young pro bowl talent and one of the best run games, O line, and Defenses in the game. Fuck your stats.

yes I agree to a point but still 10 years 1 Championship. Smith is a nice solid QB and I still watch him and I hope KC does well. Heck I still have his jersey. I think Smith is a Top 15 QB. Overall its a fact that Kap is better. Thats just the truth. If u ask most knowledgable football fans most will say Kap is better.

Oh yeah this is from a post from awhile ago: Someone mention Charles being out. Didn't charles go out on like the 1st drive if so they took that lead with out Charles in the game. So please don't make that an excuse for KC losing.