• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers real close to signing Boldin [SIGNED]

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Kap is a stud and Romo cant even win 1 playoff game let alone get to the SB or an NFC championship game, so please stop that shit right now."

Just a question, the sea chickens could not have won a playoff game with Tony Romo at QB? Kap and Wilson would have won playoff games in Dallas? I am not defending Romo, but can you seriously ignore how for the most part the good teams have good young CHEAP qbs and a loaded 53 man rosters. Is there no correlation to Ryan getting paid and having no O or D line? No correlation to Ryan, Rodgers, Cutler, Romo, Brees, Stafford, etc not winning. No correlation to Manning and Brady not being able to really beat a 49er, panther, sehawk team?

Lets all agree that Rodgers is better than Kap. But Rodgers plus league min players does not equal Pick a talent 2nd rnd qb, Aldon, Iupati, Crabtree

Romo could help them out with a smaller contract or cap hit every year, so I don't feel bad for him. I don't expect him or anyone to take less than they can get, from geniuses or fools, but that does contribute to him not winning. Problem is, if he signed for vet minimum to help the team, he'd either be replaced or the next best player on their team would suck up the money or both.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget Dallas had a stud Defense like 3-4 years ago and always had WRs and RBs. Romo has had good teams he just couldn't do anything with them. I mean Rogers wins with out having a Defense. Im not saying Kap is the only reason we win. Its a team effort but I look what he has done in the playoffs and the things he has done for a young QB is jar dropping. He has almost been lights out in the playoffs(1 bad half against Seattle.) I mean Kap was the whole offense in the 1st half against Seattle.

No way 49ers go to 2 NFC championship games and a superbowl with Romo. imagine him against the falcons in that kind of moment, or against GB in both playoff games. Lets not also forget coming back in the superbowl. Romo cant even hold Kaps Jock strap in those games.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is the kind of QB that can throw for 500 yards, 3 TDs and still lose cuz lolCowboys. That is a shit-stain of a franchise.

Kap is the kind of QB who doesn't go through progressions or have any clock/pocket awareness.

They aren't even close. Romo is a much better QB at this point. I hate the Cowboys as much as anyone and I love watching Romo throw back-breaking INTs but come on. You can't substitute in team success and say that is QB success. That's crazy.

If this team had a QB of Romo's caliber (let alone a Manning, Rodgers, Brady, or Brees) there is no doubt in my mind we would have won at least one Superbowl and there's a good chance we would have pulled off a three-peat.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Romo we might make it out of the 1st rd. Like I said no way Romo beats GB last year or Atlanta last year. Also no way he comes back in the Superbowl.

Romo really doesn't do anything great. Throws a lot of bad balls and isn't that smart of a player when it comes down to clutch time.

Romo is a Avg Qb that can sling the ball but has no idea where it is going. He is like Cutler and stafford. They are the same type of QB. I don't trust either in big games. Think about it each one has a Top WR and they cant win.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford isn't the head case the other two are. He's head and shoulders above both.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a team effort but I look what he has done in the playoffs and the things he has done for a young QB is jar dropping. He has almost been lights out in the playoffs(1 bad half against Seattle.) I mean Kap was the whole offense in the 1st half against Seattle.

No way 49ers go to 2 NFC championship games and a superbowl with Romo. imagine him against the falcons in that kind of moment, or against GB in both playoff games. Lets not also forget coming back in the superbowl. Romo cant even hold Kaps Jock strap in those games.

One bad half in the Super Bowl and one bad half against Seattle. A bad half against Atlanta. Really bad start against Green Bay in 2012. But otherwise, the way he's responded to bad starts and other games' good starts are positive points, especially for a young QB.

I still would call that one Super Bowl and one NFC Championship. Saying two NFCC's because you go through one to get to the SB is a bit duplicative.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford isn't the head case the other two are. He's head and shoulders above both.

Just know when to side-arm and when to not side-arm and give plenty of credit to Megatron and also, note the times where the game suffers due to locking on Megatron. He gets some of his numbers by the sheer number of times he throws the ball. He has no running game, or at least they haven't tried much. It's a philosophy of being pass-first. They tried being more balanced this year. But yeah, not a headcase.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have a single playoff win with romo at QB. He can't play.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just know when to side-arm and when to not side-arm and give plenty of credit to Megatron and also, note the times where the game suffers due to locking on Megatron. But yeah, not a headcase.

He's not perfect but isn't football retarded like both cutler and romo. Their football IQ is equaivalent to Tim Tebow's passing ability. A fucking joke.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget Dallas had a stud Defense like 3-4 years ago and always had WRs and RBs. Romo has had good teams he just couldn't do anything with them. I mean Rogers wins with out having a Defense. Im not saying Kap is the only reason we win. Its a team effort but I look what he has done in the playoffs and the things he has done for a young QB is jar dropping. He has almost been lights out in the playoffs(1 bad half against Seattle.) I mean Kap was the whole offense in the 1st half against Seattle.

Now Imagine Alex Smith with out Kyle Williams 2 years ago and we are in the SB, most likely winning it. There is no way he would have lost against the Ravens last year, and he might have beat the Seahawks this year. Does kap have good legs? Of course he does, but does he have the brains to go through his progressions and win a SB,nope. Does he have the ability, with out the D that got both Alex and Kap to 3 straing NFCCG, no he does not. With out the great D he is nothing.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Imagine Alex Smith with out Kyle Williams 2 years ago and we are in the SB, most likely winning it. There is no way he would have lost against the Ravens last year, and he might have beat the Seahawks this year. Does kap have good legs? Of course he does, but does he have the brains to go through his progressions and win a SB,nope. Does he have the ability, with out the D that got both Alex and Kap to 3 straing NFCCG, no he does not. With out the great D he is nothing.

2011, yes. 2012, maybe - maybe we don't fall behind 17-0 against Atlanta with a control the clock, short pass, run the ball offense? 2013 I feel is unfair to Kaepernick. We did beat a good offense in Green Bay, a good defense in Carolina, and played well outside of the fourth quarter against Seattle. If we put Smith in the fourth quarter, maybe we squeak it out. But that's unfair to Kaepernick. Seattle is a great defense that nearly shut out Peyton Manning. My answer is no, officially, but I think the question is out of context.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is a good QB and if you don't see it you either don't know football or it's blind hate. I would say he is 1 of the best QBs in the NFL without a SB. My brother is a die hard Cowboys fan like I am with my 49ers. So I know a lot about the Cowboys cuz we always talk to each other about our teams. Plus im always making him watch my 49ers and I watch his Cowboys also. I grew up hating the Cowboys in the 90s but that hate has gone away cuz they aren't good anymore. It's hard to hate a team that sucks. I actually feel bad for them now.

Now lets go onto why Romo is a good QB:

All-Time passer ratings:
1. Aaron Rodgers - 104.9
2. Peyton Manning - 97.2
3. Steve Young - 96.8
4. Philip Rivers - 96
5. Tony Romo - 95.8

Active players most 4th quarter comebacks:
1. Peyton Manning - 40
2. Tom Brady - 31
3. Eli Manning - 25
4. Drew Brees - 23
Ben Roethlisberger - 23
6. Tony Romo - 20

Top 5, 4th-Quarter Comebacks (% of games played)
1. Matt Ryan 19.3%
2. Tony Romo 18.2%
3. Matt Stafford 18.0%
4. Eli Manning 17.0%
5. Peyton Manning 16.9%

Top 5, TD-to-INT ratio in 4th Quarter
1. Tony Romo 2.5-1
2. Aaron Rodgers 2.39-1
3. Drew Brees 2.32-1
4. Tom Brady 2.16-1
5. Peyton Manning 1.84-1

Here’s the final ranking after taking games played into account, indexed from 100:
1. Tony Romo 100.0
2. Matt Ryan 98.3
3. Tom Brady 92.7
4. Matt Stafford 91.4
5. Peyton Manning 91.1

Also Tony Romo has the best 4th quarter passing rating in NFL history at 102.9. Yes he has made mistakes throwing INTs in the 4th and losing the game but he bring the Cowboys back more time than not.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a joke. With anything of even mild importance, he will personally guarantee you don't win.

Stats mean nothing when you literally throw away every game that matters.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I supported Alex when he was our starting QB but you overestimate what he can do. Even with a better WQR, the 49ers still might not have won and I don't know why you think Smith would have done any better against Seattle in Seattle. Look at what Seattle did to Manning with his underneath routes. Alex does not throw into tight windows. Seattle would not have worried abot Alex beating them downfield and would have had defenders right there to stop his checkdowns. The Giants did that twice and neutrilized the 49er passing game and somehow Alex would have better success against Seattle's D in Seattle? I doubt it.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 1h

Sounds like the 49ers/Anquan Boldin situation is down to waiting for him to say yes to either a 2- or 3-year deal.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF alex was our QB in the super bowl we would of lost by 20 + Kap brought us back.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 1h

Sounds like the 49ers/Anquan Boldin situation is down to waiting for him to say yes to either a 2- or 3-year deal.

I just want this to get done. Im hoping for 2 years 8 million-9million. 4-4.5 million a year. No to 3 years.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF alex was our QB in the super bowl we would of lost by 20 + Kap brought us back.

Might not have been down by 20 with a control the ball offense, running the ball, short but effective passing (he had 8 YPA, too), and time of possession. Not everything remains the same. We had a good enough coach to work either player. Any individual game we could have won. We'd win a rematch with the Ravens with either QB, IMO.

Note: I'm not saying Smith is, was, or will be a better QB than Kaepernick. I'm just saying when circumstances change, so does the result. I trust our coaches for the most part to give us a chance with either QB with a gameplan tailored to what gives them the best chance that day. Doesn't always work, but we can't just look and say, "yep, we were down by 20, so loss by xyz manner."

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Ummmm...no. He helped to give us the early lead. He decidedly did not bring us back. His 4th quarter was fairly awful.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm...no. He helped to give us the early lead. He decidedly did not bring us back. His 4th quarter was fairly awful.

He's talking about the SB, not the Seattle game.

But, as said, it's not the same game or gameplan if we switched QBs for that SB.