• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers real close to signing Boldin [SIGNED]

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CK>>>>AS, end of story, 1 has a noodle arm and the other has a rocket laucher, one can rush for almost 200 yards in a playoff game and the other throws check down passes every 3rd down, not even close

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Alex Smith has a noodle arm then you must have never watched Ken Dorsey.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Alex Smith has a noodle arm then you must have never watched Ken Dorsey.

Compared to Kap, its not even close, Smith is mr checkdown, not a big arm by any means

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to Kap, its not even close, Smith is mr checkdown, not a big arm by any means

Smith wasn't Mr. Checkdown for the second half of the season. That is a media or hate inspired blanket opinion that has zero truth, most likely formed in the beginning of the season.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I supported Alex when he was our starting QB but you overestimate what he can do. Even with a better WQR, the 49ers still might not have won and I don't know why you think Smith would have done any better against Seattle in Seattle. Look at what Seattle did to Manning with his underneath routes. Alex does not throw into tight windows. Seattle would not have worried abot Alex beating them downfield and would have had defenders right there to stop his checkdowns. The Giants did that twice and neutrilized the 49er passing game and somehow Alex would have better success against Seattle's D in Seattle? I doubt it.

Peyton choked. Seattle played a small role, but Peyton being Peyton played a bigger one. Alex smith is absolutely a better QB than kaepernick, and is more than capable of throwing it down the field. His arm isn't as strong as kaepernick's but it's much better overall. So is his brain.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith wasn't Mr. Checkdown for the second half of the season. That is a media or hate inspired blanket opinion that has zero truth, most likely formed in the beginning of the season.

Again Kap>>>Smith, move on..Look at Bowe's numbers with Cassel two years ago then Smith, I have KC friends and they said AS would never take a shot past 20 yards down the field, it was always a checkdown to Charles...Either way you slice it, Kap is better

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap was #8 in the NFL in yards per attempt and Smith was #29, enough said

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might not have been down by 20 with a control the ball offense, running the ball, short but effective passing (he had 8 YPA, too), and time of possession. Not everything remains the same. We had a good enough coach to work either player. Any individual game we could have won. We'd win a rematch with the Ravens with either QB, IMO.

Note: I'm not saying Smith is, was, or will be a better QB than Kaepernick. I'm just saying when circumstances change, so does the result. I trust our coaches for the most part to give us a chance with either QB with a gameplan tailored to what gives them the best chance that day. Doesn't always work, but we can't just look and say, "yep, we were down by 20, so loss by xyz manner."

This doesn't make sense because Ravens still scored all those points on our D. Offense was just flat. Didn't matter who the Qb was at that time. IF I recall we were playing a control the ball offense in the 1st. Its the 2nd half where we opened it up.

Kap was the main reason we came back and also the D started to play 49ers Defense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm...no. He helped to give us the early lead. He decidedly did not bring us back. His 4th quarter was fairly awful.

guess u didn't watch the game. instead of reading about it go watch it. Kap was the main reason we came back to make it a game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too also want to point out that I am a Big Alex Smith fan but its not even close who the better QB is. It took Smith 5 years to become a good NFL QB. Kap has better results then Smith in his Career. Smith might be the smarter QB right now but that is because he has been in the league longer. Talent wise Kap is 10x better. I guess people forgot how bad A. Smith reads were in his 1st 3 years.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barrows:

Expect the money in Anquan Boldin's deal to be similar to the three-year, $17.5M deal Reggie Wayne got in 2012. Question is 2 or 3 years.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't make sense because Ravens still scored all those points on our D. Offense was just flat. Didn't matter who the Qb was at that time. IF I recall we were playing a control the ball offense in the 1st. Its the 2nd half where we opened it up.

Kap was the main reason we came back and also the D started to play 49ers Defense.

How does this not make sense? We had three and outs and gave them the ball. A bit more of Gore and a few completed short passes keeps the ball away from the Ravens and maybe scores. Maybe momentum is shifted or evens out. Again, I'm not saying we'd win, just saying we might not have been down by 20.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
guess u didn't watch the game. instead of reading about it go watch it. Kap was the main reason we came back to make it a game.

I thought you were talking about Seattle. My mistake. I won't argue that Kap brought us back against Baltimore, though his shaky start is a big part of why we were down early. Totally understandable for such a young and inexperienced guy. My biggest problem is that Kap's improvement from last year to this year was pretty minimal.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peyton choked. Seattle played a small role, but Peyton being Peyton played a bigger one. Alex smith is absolutely a better QB than kaepernick, and is more than capable of throwing it down the field. His arm isn't as strong as kaepernick's but it's much better overall. So is his brain.

Again Kap>>>Smith, move on..Look at Bowe's numbers with Cassel two years ago then Smith, I have KC friends and they said AS would never take a shot past 20 yards down the field, it was always a checkdown to Charles...Either way you slice it, Kap is better

Ray Dogg and JDM are right on this one, Smith took more shots in the second half. We've watched games and have KC friends, too. This is not to say AS > CK, just that you're exaggerating or haven't watched. The whole KC offense grew, even if you take out the Screen game against the Raiders.

Kap was #8 in the NFL in yards per attempt and Smith was #29, enough said

Smith was middle of the pack in the second half of 2013. He was third in YPA when he was here. So yes, CK > AS, but there's no need to exaggerate or ignore the point Ray was making (that second half was better, much better than that 29 number you posted - 2014 will be, too.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why rjshull brought Smith into it, but it just sparks us all to say the same things. One exaggerates to make Kaepernick look better when Kaepernick already does that without exaggeration needed. The others here aren't singing Smith's praise, just trying to combat the exaggerations.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought you were talking about Seattle. My mistake. I won't argue that Kap brought us back against Baltimore, though his shaky start is a big part of why we were down early. Totally understandable for such a young and inexperienced guy. My biggest problem is that Kap's improvement from last year to this year was pretty minimal.

To clarify that, I meant to say that I won't argue that he didn't bring us back. He was the primary offensive reason for our comeback.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree, I think Kap made a nice jump. He had a good season for not having his #1 weapon. Lets See how Qbs like Stafford would do with out Johnson, Romo with out Dez, Palmer without AJ or Big Ben with out Brown.. Losing your #1 is Big.

I think we will see a nice jump next year. My prediction is Kap makes the Pro Bowl next year. Also I think Harbaugh holds Kap back in the Regular season. When I Analyze Kap I look at the playoffs and Kap has been one of the best in the playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny you guys mention the 2nd half about A. Smith. U do know KC didn't look good in the 2nd half of the season. They lost in melt down fashion in the 1st rd.

If this is your argument then I would take Kap over smith every day of the year. Kap gets stronger as the year goes on and Smith looked like he took a step back.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny you guys mention the 2nd half about A. Smith. U do know KC didn't look good in the 2nd half of the season. They lost in melt down fashion in the 1st rd.

If this is your argument then I would take Kap over smith every day of the year. Kap gets stronger as the year goes on and Smith looked like he took a step back.

378 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs and somehow it's Alex Smith's fault that the Chiefs lost that game.

Dude. Come on.