• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers real close to signing Boldin [SIGNED]

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How did it catch up to him. They made it to the NFC championship game. LOL I cant take it u guys are so blind its not even funny.

I cant believe Im having this conversation with you guys on who is better Smith or Kap. I hope u guys are playing around because if not please go get help.

I understand the love for Smith, he was with us for awhile and like I said I am still a fan but come on. Its not even close who the better player is. Kap has been here 3 years and Smith has played in 10 seasons and Kap is already a lot better then Smith.

Hahaha. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTT. Says Captain Clarity over here.

For the record, I think Kap is better than Smith, but I think it's actually pretty close right now. Right now, Kap is a pretty good player, but a mediocre QB. I'm simply pointing out your terrible, terrible arguments and gross overestimation of Kap's current ability.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes I agree to a point but still 10 years 1 Championship. Smith is a nice solid QB and I still watch him and I hope KC does well. Heck I still have his jersey. I think Smith is a Top 15 QB. Overall its a fact that Kap is better. Thats just the truth. If u ask most knowledgable football fans most will say Kap is better.

Oh yeah this is from a post from awhile ago: Someone mention Charles being out. Didn't charles go out on like the 1st drive if so they took that lead with out Charles in the game. So please don't make that an excuse for KC losing.

The point was if they had Charles, they would have run the clock out while getting first downs. Instead, with their third string RB in the fourth quarter (and maybe part of the third?), they had to choose between eat the clock three and outs (third string wasn't able to get firsts) or run the offense and get a few first downs but run less clock.

With Charles in the game in the fourth quarter, they win. With Bowe using his body and not running too close to the sideline, that's a catch and a FG. I think Bellicheck would have beaten the Chiefs the next game, but Indy should have been a win. (Or maybe they would have played Denver? Either way, a good chance that they lose - it's hard for any team to beat a team three times in a season, so there was a chance, but Broncos would have been the favorite AND at home.)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was if they had Charles, they would have run the clock out while getting first downs. Instead, with their third string RB in the fourth quarter (and maybe part of the third?), they had to choose between eat the clock three and outs (third string wasn't able to get firsts) or run the offense and get a few first downs but run less clock.

With Charles in the game in the fourth quarter, they win. With Bowe using his body and not running too close to the sideline, that's a catch and a FG. I think Bellicheck would have beaten the Chiefs the next game, but Indy should have been a win. (Or maybe they would have played Denver? Either way, a good chance that they lose - it's hard for any team to beat a team three times in a season, so there was a chance, but Broncos would have been the favorite AND at home.)

Yeah Justin Houston wouldn't have been able to play the next game.

Madskillz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck.is.taking so long with boldin. I thought they were close to a deal.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy12, I hope you read this because this is for you. :)

I know someone brought up Kaepernick and Smith in comparison before you jumped in, but I do think it's possible to make the argument that Kaepernick is better than Smith without trying to minimize what Smith did or does.

One could say that Smith played a 100+ QB rating second half of the season and playoffs. Had nearly 400 yards and 4 TDs with a decimated team and a under-performing defense. Had an ok o-line and few receiving options.

Then, one could say that Kaepernick had a consistently great defense, great coach, good oline, and had a bad 4th quarter of one game.

And still say that Kaepernick is better than Smith.

There doesn't have to be minimizing one or maximizing the other. There are plenty if not most who feel Kaepernick is already better. Most think he will if not already.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy has to be a joke/troll account. There's just no way a grown man would think/stay this stuff.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Purguy has to be a joke/troll account. There's just no way a grown man would think/stay this stuff.

Nah, I don't think so. He seems to be very passionate and Kap is a touchy topic for him I guess. He is nowhere close to a troll like Breaker. We are remember how ridiculous that guy was.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He just needs to take off the homer glasses once in awhile. Kap is a young QB who is currently in line with AS, but at this point he is clearly not clearly the superior QB. Especially after AS put up over 400 yards in in a playoff game. It's two completely different athletes in two different stages of their careers. Kap will always be more up and down - from game to game, and probably season to season. AS is now a steady consistent grinder who is still getting better against all odds.

After the Sophmore slump where Kap was good but not great, will he step up and start showing the nuances of the QB position by consistently working through progressions and hanging in the pocket to take a hit and move the sticks? If he start showing that consistently, he will be on his way to transforming into an elite QB. If not he will he be a limited one read QB who gets by with his strong arm and fast legs and go down as an average QB with limitations who had to have a strong defense and stacked offense behind him. Defenses slowed him down last year, so now it is his turn to get a step ahead of them by developing his footwork, pocket passing skills, and pocket awareness to hang in longer to move the sticks.

One of the only major differences that I see between Kap and AS early in their careers are when the play broke down and they rolled out to the right, Kap has the additional armstrength and speed to get some completions, where AS was forced to give up and toss it out of bounds. All other things being equal, it's nice to have that playmaking ability.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument is as a whole not just the 2nd half. Its clear by most that Kap is better. Since Kap has been here we got to 2 NFC Championship games. He was the main reason in most of those playoff games. He played awesome against the likes of GB(2), Atlanta, Carolina and Ravens(loss). Yes he had 1 bad 2nd half against the superbowl champs Seattle on the Road(toughest place to play on the road.) Also throw in the fact that Kap had 95% of our offense in the 1st half.

U Have no reasoning behind why u think Smith is better. Its a joke that u even think that. Is Smith a Solid QB yes, can he help u win Yes, but does he have more talent then Kap NO, is he better then Kap NO.

Argument over I win. Its not even close.

Also its funny how 1 bad half against the superbowl Champs on the road is a big negative but a bad 2nd half(Melt Down) against the Colts is ok. Look at the Whole Picture and its clear that Kap is better. Is Kap Great No but he is a Top 10 QB where Smith is Top 15.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just needs to take off the homer glasses once in awhile. Kap is a young QB who is currently in line with AS, but at this point he is clearly not clearly the superior QB. Especially after AS put up over 400 yards in in a playoff game. It's two completely different athletes in two different stages of their careers. Kap will always be more up and down - from game to game, and probably season to season. AS is now a steady consistent grinder who is still getting better against all odds.

After the Sophmore slump where Kap was good but not great, will he step up and start showing the nuances of the QB position by consistently working through progressions and hanging in the pocket to take a hit and move the sticks? If he start showing that consistently, he will be on his way to transforming into an elite QB. If not he will he be a limited one read QB who gets by with his strong arm and fast legs and go down as an average QB with limitations who had to have a strong defense and stacked offense behind him. Defenses slowed him down last year, so now it is his turn to get a step ahead of them by developing his footwork, pocket passing skills, and pocket awareness to hang in longer to move the sticks.

One of the only major differences that I see between Kap and AS early in their careers are when the play broke down and they rolled out to the right, Kap has the additional armstrength and speed to get some completions, where AS was forced to give up and toss it out of bounds. All other things being equal, it's nice to have that playmaking ability.

How is it Homer Glasses when Im giving facts? Homer glasses would be saying Kap is the best QB in the league or Top 3. No Im not saying that. He has a lot to learn. Learn what Homer means before u start throwing the word around.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy12, I hope you read this because this is for you. :)

I know someone brought up Kaepernick and Smith in comparison before you jumped in, but I do think it's possible to make the argument that Kaepernick is better than Smith without trying to minimize what Smith did or does.

One could say that Smith played a 100+ QB rating second half of the season and playoffs. Had nearly 400 yards and 4 TDs with a decimated team and a under-performing defense. Had an ok o-line and few receiving options.

Then, one could say that Kaepernick had a consistently great defense, great coach, good oline, and had a bad 4th quarter of one game.

And still say that Kaepernick is better than Smith.

There doesn't have to be minimizing one or maximizing the other. There are plenty if not most who feel Kaepernick is already better. Most think he will if not already.

Again I think Smith is good. I think he had a good season but overall Kap has done more already. These people are acting like Smith is GOD and he didn't have a good Team. He has a Good D, Good WRs, Top 3 RB and a good Oline. Kap also have those things but he has gone farther and has done better in the clutch. The kid is what 3-1 on the Road in the Playoffs and 4-2 overall in the playoffs. 1 Loss coming in the Super bowl. Both Losses are against the super bowl champs during that year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Again I think Smith is good. I think he had a good season but overall Kap has done more already. These people are acting like Smith is GOD and he didn't have a good Team. He has a Good D, Good WRs, Top 3 RB and a good Oline. Kap also have those things but he has gone farther and has done better in the clutch. The kid is what 3-1 on the Road in the Playoffs and 4-2 overall in the playoffs. 1 Loss coming in the Super bowl. Both Losses are against the super bowl champs during that year.

I mean, did you read any of the posts above?

Good WRs? Dwayne Bowe is decent. Donnie Avery was cut by the Rams and Titans. Dexter McCluster is a mighty mite whose best season going into this year was 450 yards and a TD. AJ Jenkins was their fourth receiver by the end of the year. That WR corps is among the worst in the league, and certainly worse than Boldin and Crabtree at the end of the year. And they don't have Vernon Davis at TE to compensate for relative weakness at the position. They have Sean McGrath and Anthony Fasano.

The OL was average. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/2/

They have a very good RB. That is the only position where they are even top-half of the league on offense. Granted their offensive coaching is almost certainly better than ours.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some experts that study QBs. Rankings of QBs.

Top 12 Fantasy QBs for 2014 | NFL.com

Ranking the NFL quarterbacks - NFL.com

NFL quarterback rankings -- John Clayton reveals the 2013 hierarchy of signal-callers (Part 2) - ESPN (this one I don't agree with but he still ranked ahead of Smith.)

2013 NFL Preview: Power Ranking the NFL's 10 Best Quarterbacks | Bleacher Report

7. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers ? The 2013 NFL Starting Quarterback Rankings: From Best to Worst | Complex

I can go on and on. I will stick with what most of these writers say and experts who know football over some of u guys. I guess all them are wearing Homer Glasses to.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, did you read any of the posts above?

Good WRs? Dwayne Bowe is decent. Donnie Avery was cut by the Rams and Titans. Dexter McCluster is a mighty mite whose best season going into this year was 450 yards and a TD. AJ Jenkins was their fourth receiver by the end of the year. That WR corps is among the worst in the league, and certainly worse than Boldin and Crabtree at the end of the year. And they don't have Vernon Davis at TE to compensate for relative weakness at the position. They have Sean McGrath and Anthony Fasano.

The OL was average. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/2/

They have a very good RB. That is the only position where they are even top-half of the league on offense. Granted their offensive coaching is almost certainly better than ours.

Bowe is good. I think u are forgetting we have the same problem. That's why we are going to draft a WR in rd 1 or 2. I don agree we have a better core with our 1-2 but overall we are close. Also don't forget Charles as a receiver. Gore doesn't even touch his numbers. Bowe and Charles is better then Crabtree and Boldin plus throw in the fact what Charles does in the running game. KC has a Superstar on Offense, 49ers do not. I like Crabtree and think he is one of the better WR's in the game but he isn't a superstar.

Now I do agree with you TE we are way better but VD didn't play so well in the playoffs. Had some big drops. 1 Big drop in the seattle game where if he catches we probably win that game.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL quarterback rankings -- John Clayton reveals the 2013 hierarchy of signal-callers (Part 2) - ESPN (this one I don't agree with but he still ranked ahead of Smith.)

2013 NFL Preview: Power Ranking the NFL's 10 Best Quarterbacks | Bleacher Report

7. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers ? The 2013 NFL Starting Quarterback Rankings: From Best to Worst | Complex

I can go on and on. I will stick with what most of these writers say and experts who know football over some of u guys. I guess all them are wearing Homer Glasses to.

Bawahahahahahaha!!!!! A Fantasy football link!!! :laugh3: Oh god this is pure comedy!

The other links are prior to the start of the 2013 football season .. bro you are a joke...

Here use this to help your argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You claim to post articles from experts and you post something from Bleacher report?

Dude.

Anyway, you must be an 8 year old or a troll. This is out of hand. When judging QB play, you need to judge QBs for their play. Not throw all this bullshit up against the E-wall.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My argument is as a whole not just the 2nd half. Its clear by most that Kap is better. Since Kap has been here we got to 2 NFC Championship games. He was the main reason in most of those playoff games. He played awesome against the likes of GB(2), Atlanta, Carolina and Ravens(loss). Yes he had 1 bad 2nd half against the superbowl champs Seattle on the Road(toughest place to play on the road.) Also throw in the fact that Kap had 95% of our offense in the 1st half.

Your argument re: Smith is just dumb. You cite his second half record, then ignore that his D fell apart. You cite his playoff loss despite a 119.7 passer rating and leading an offense that scored 44 points.

U Have no reasoning behind why u think Smith is better. Its a joke that u even think that. Is Smith a Solid QB yes, can he help u win Yes, but does he have more talent then Kap NO, is he better then Kap NO.

Argument over I win. Its not even close.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you. You haven't really given any reasons why Kap is actually the better QB right now. I believe we made the right decision in keeping Kap, particularly given Alex's trade value. But right now, there isn't much room separating these two. Kaepernick has serious limitations. His are primarily mental as opposed to Smith's physical limitations, but they exist nonetheless. Kaepernick is rudimentary as a passer. Until he improves his ability to read a defense, he's a middle-of-the-road QB.

Also its funny how 1 bad half against the superbowl Champs on the road is a big negative but a bad 2nd half(Melt Down) against the Colts is ok. Look at the Whole Picture and its clear that Kap is better. Is Kap Great No but he is a Top 10 QB where Smith is Top 15.

Were Kap's struggles more understandable? Sure. He was playing a tougher defense in a tougher environment. But he was also far less effective against them. Seventeen points versus forty-four. One TD versus four. 283 yards (personal) versus 435. Three turnovers versus one. If we're just doing a straight-up comparison, Alex Smith outshone Kaepernick hands down. But that wouldn't be fair, because they were playing very different teams.

Now let's consider the "meltdowns" we're talking about - and yes, I do note that you only used that word to refer to Smith's performance. Smith turned the ball over once. He threw a ball that was completed just out of bounds, and by all rights should have put his team in position to win - frankly, Bowe didn't even appear to try to get both feet down. Kap turned the ball over three times in the fourth quarter, including making a poor decision to force the final INT in the endzone. Kap just fell apart in the 4th against the Hawks. If Smith suffered a meltdown, Kaepernick became a supernova.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bawahahahahahaha!!!!! A Fantasy football link!!! :laugh3: Oh god this is pure comedy!

The other links are prior to the start of the 2013 football season .. bro you are a joke...

Thank you for taking care of that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes 1 is a fantasy link my mistake. Still Fantasy shows production. I didn't see that until after my other post.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You claim to post articles from experts and you post something from Bleacher report?

Dude.

Anyway, you must be an 8 year old or a troll. This is out of hand. When judging QB play, you need to judge QBs for their play. Not throw all this bullshit up against the E-wall.

Yes their play and Kap has done better. Thank you, you just made my point. Thank God. U are learning.