• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers real close to signing Boldin [SIGNED]

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument is as a whole not just the 2nd half. Its clear by most that Kap is better. Since Kap has been here we got to 2 NFC Championship games. He was the main reason in most of those playoff games. He played awesome against the likes of GB(2), Atlanta, Carolina and Ravens(loss). Yes he had 1 bad 2nd half against the superbowl champs Seattle on the Road(toughest place to play on the road.) Also throw in the fact that Kap had 95% of our offense in the 1st half.

Your argument re: Smith is just dumb. You cite his second half record, then ignore that his D fell apart. You cite his playoff loss despite a 119.7 passer rating and leading an offense that scored 44 points.

U Have no reasoning behind why u think Smith is better. Its a joke that u even think that. Is Smith a Solid QB yes, can he help u win Yes, but does he have more talent then Kap NO, is he better then Kap NO.

Argument over I win. Its not even close.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you. You haven't really given any reasons why Kap is actually the better QB right now. I believe we made the right decision in keeping Kap, particularly given Alex's trade value. But right now, there isn't much room separating these two. Kaepernick has serious limitations. His are primarily mental as opposed to Smith's physical limitations, but they exist nonetheless. Kaepernick is rudimentary as a passer. Until he improves his ability to read a defense, he's a middle-of-the-road QB.

Also its funny how 1 bad half against the superbowl Champs on the road is a big negative but a bad 2nd half(Melt Down) against the Colts is ok. Look at the Whole Picture and its clear that Kap is better. Is Kap Great No but he is a Top 10 QB where Smith is Top 15.

Were Kap's struggles more understandable? Sure. He was playing a tougher defense in a tougher environment. But he was also far less effective against them. Seventeen points versus forty-four. One TD versus four. 283 yards (personal) versus 435. Three turnovers versus one. If we're just doing a straight-up comparison, Alex Smith outshone Kaepernick hands down. But that wouldn't be fair, because they were playing very different teams.

Now let's consider the "meltdowns" we're talking about - and yes, I do note that you only used that word to refer to Smith's performance. Smith turned the ball over once. He threw a ball that was completed just out of bounds, and by all rights should have put his team in position to win - frankly, Bowe didn't even appear to try to get both feet down. Kap turned the ball over three times in the fourth quarter, including making a poor decision to force the final INT in the endzone. Kap just fell apart in the 4th against the Hawks. If Smith suffered a meltdown, Kaepernick became a supernova.

This makes no sense. U are comparing Colts D vs Seattle D. Now that is funny. Also this was Kaps 3rd game in the playoffs where Smith played 1. Damn Even Kap played better then Manning against Seattle. Not saying he is better then Manning but Kap showed he can handle Seattle D better then Manning this year. Most people thought the superbowl was the Seattle vs 49ers game. They were the 2 best teams.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we agree to disagree. If this was an opinion then I would understand that but its a Fact. This is like me saying Andrew Luck is better then Payton Manning. No Its a Fact payton is better. Nothing backs Luck. just like Nothing backs Smith against Kap.

I gave plenty of facts. I haven't heard one thing about smith. Just that somehow he is better. Makes no sense.

With your logic its like me saying 140LB man is heavier then a 240LB women. The reasoning would be well the man can beat her up and he is stronger. No 20lbs is great then 140lbs. Doesn't matter if its a man or a woman. The other crap doesn't matter. Another one 2+2=5. LOL great stuff

ok guys its been fun but Im done. I will only respond to defend myself. I hope u guys were kidding. If not I feel bad. I guess you guys like the days when we were losing. I don't so give me Kap all day long. I love smith but man u guys are making me want to hate him.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How is it Homer Glasses when Im giving facts? Homer glasses would be saying Kap is the best QB in the league or Top 3. No Im not saying that. He has a lot to learn. Learn what Homer means before u start throwing the word around.

You are the definition of a homer fan. Nice try though.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did this thread get hijacked? I got "chewed out" for posting a draft link on a preseason thread!

:scratch:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This makes no sense. U are comparing Colts D vs Seattle D. Now that is funny. Also this was Kaps 3rd game in the playoffs where Smith played 1. Damn Even Kap played better then Manning against Seattle. Not saying he is better then Manning but Kap showed he can handle Seattle D better then Manning this year. Most people thought the superbowl was the Seattle vs 49ers game. They were the 2 best teams.

My god. Seriously? You seem to be literate, but I wouldn't know it based on your responses in this thread. Here is how I addressed the respective playoff games:

Were Kap's struggles more understandable? Sure. He was playing a tougher defense in a tougher environment. But he was also far less effective against them. Seventeen points versus forty-four. One TD versus four. 283 yards (personal) versus 435. Three turnovers versus one. If we're just doing a straight-up comparison, Alex Smith outshone Kaepernick hands down. But that wouldn't be fair, because they were playing very different teams.

The crux of this was that they were playing different Ds. But the scale of Kap's meltdown was indisputably greater.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL this is my point. No facts just saying nonsense. Don't be a hater.

Seriously, what facts have you offered? That Kap has made it to the Super Bowl and the NFC Championship game. That's it. Yet you don't think that Flacco is very good despite winning a Super Bowl and making it to the AFC Championship game twice. So apparently that fact isn't worth much.

You mentioned the Chiefs' second-half record. As noted, the D allowed almost three times as many PPG during that span, while the offense actually improved. So that doesn't really indict Smith's performance.

What other facts have you offered to support your argument?

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many people hating on King Kaep. His stats this season where very similar to young QBs like Cam and Wilson. You could say he even had a lil bit of a sophomore slump and still played that good. If he turns it around and plays even better next year he is going to be scary.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way will I bother to read all of this thread. I was just checking on the Boldin issue....no word yet?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that bullshit that has nothing to do with Boldin and the 49ers needs to get its own fucking thread.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No news on Boldin yet. We have 15 million in cap so after we sign him we will have 9.5 million left to spend. Baalke said their will be other cap saving deals being made.

49ers are in good shape.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, what facts have you offered? That Kap has made it to the Super Bowl and the NFC Championship game. That's it. Yet you don't think that Flacco is very good despite winning a Super Bowl and making it to the AFC Championship game twice. So apparently that fact isn't worth much.

You mentioned the Chiefs' second-half record. As noted, the D allowed almost three times as many PPG during that span, while the offense actually improved. So that doesn't really indict Smith's performance.

What other facts have you offered to support your argument?

Crims, again you waste your time arguing with someone who is light years below you in terms of knowledge and skill in debate; this is the same thing when you make a fool of NN. It is like Bill Nye debating a chimp about scientific research. Don't waste your time.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said Flacco is a bad QB. Just not a fan of him. Stop making stuff up. Makes you look bad. If I had to pick I would pick Kap over Flacco. I give Flacco a lot of credit for winning that Superbowl. He had one hell of a playoff run and super bowl.

U know u cant win an argument when u start making stuff to try and make yourself look good. \

I don't think Flacco is this great QB but I do give him credit for what he has done. If someone wants to discuss that Flacco is better then Kap im ok with that. Flacco has enough to back it up.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop making stuff up. Makes you look bad.

U know u cant win an argument when u start making stuff to try and make yourself look good.

You make some good points throughout this thread but when you say an opinion is fact (which you have said a few times), i.e. stating a conclusion as support for your conclusion ("Kaepernick is better because it's a fact that he is better." or "anyone who knows football knows that Kaepernick is better"), it's the worth the same as making stuff up. You wouldn't accept someone from the other side of any argument in your life saying that. Circular logic at best. It ranks right up there with straw man arguments and I am rubber you are glue arguments.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the 8 QBs in the NFL who have won a SB I would have to say Flacco is prolly the worst. I would have Wilson right ahead of him.

1. Brady
2. Peyton
3. Rodgers
4. Brees
5. Eli
6. Big Ben
7. Wilson
8. Flacco

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Please stop. If you guys want to debate QBs, start a new thread or find one of the many regarding Kap. I'm a little surprised at how long it is taking to sign Boldin after the reports that we were "close" coming into this week.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop. If you guys want to debate QBs, start a new thread or find one of the many regarding Kap. I'm a little surprised at how long it is taking to sign Boldin after the reports that we were "close" coming into this week.

The ownership has flown to Miami, where Boldin is, so the idea is they are going to sign Boldin and trade Harbaugh to Miami at the same time. They might even trade Kaepernick there so Kaepernick's wardrobe can match stylistically without controversy.

It would be funny to make them feel for the second time that they had Harbaugh. But the media furor wouldn't be worth the joke.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

It might be close enough to where they are in no hurry to make it official. Both sides want it so it's a matter of tying up loose ends.