• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers or Eagles. Which franchise has been dumber this off season?

Which franchise is dumber at this point? Eagles or 49ers?

• Eagles

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • 49ers

Votes: 22 57.9%

• Total voters

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers firing Harbaugh, Eagles making mover after move that makes their team worse.

I still cannot believe they traded away Foles for Bradford. If there was ONE QB out there that has little to zero ability to run what Chip Kelly wants to run, it is Bradford. He traded for him and traded away a QB that ran that offense like a top?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to say the Eagles because much of what has happened to the Niners outside of Harbaugh was out of the FO's control. The Harbaugh fiasco turned into an absolute shit show so the Niners get points for stupidity there, but ultimately the FO couldn't dictate that Willis would retire, that Justin Smith would retire, or the arrests of other idiots on the team.

The Eagles, specifically Chip, is guilty on shooting himself in the leg multiple times this offseason, trading FOR Bradford, trading AWAY McCoy, allowing Maclin to leave the building without a contract, severely overpaying for a #2 CB, while also losing out on their RB plan B and cutting (seemingly) anyone productive last season that carried a semi-high price tag.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to say the Eagles because much of what has happened to the Niners outside of Harbaugh was out of the FO's control. The Harbaugh fiasco turned into an absolute shit show so the Niners get points for stupidity there, but ultimately the FO couldn't dictate that Willis would retire, that Justin Smith would retire, or the arrests of other idiots on the team.

The Eagles, specifically Chip, is guilty on shooting himself in the leg multiple times this offseason, trading FOR Bradford, trading AWAY McCoy, allowing Maclin to leave the building without a contract, severely overpaying for a #2 CB, while also losing out on their RB plan B and cutting (seemingly) anyone productive last season that carried a semi-high price tag.

Cannot say I disagree. However, if the 49ers have a horrible season, and it takes years to get back on track and if Michigan starts becoming great, the 49ers will not be able to live that down.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying 49ers fired Harbaugh presumes you know how it really went down and that it was different than what was presented to the world -- the mutual parting of ways as Harbaugh goes back to coach his alma mater. Lots of speculation way before it happened that he would leave to do that. But hiring Tomsula? Now that could be classified as a dumb move. Just watch that guy's first interview.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll reserve judgment on the Foles/Bradford trade. I think Bradford is a better fit for the Kelly offense, assuming he can stay healthy.

The Harbaugh thing was a complete clusterfuck. It's one thing to get rid of Harbaugh but they seemed utterly clueless in handling it.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say I disagree. However, if the 49ers have a horrible season, and it takes years to get back on track and if Michigan starts becoming great, the 49ers will not be able to live that down.

Michigan WILL be great and York botched the handling of this situation about as bad as you could for over a year so in that sense, it was huge. The same could be said about Chip's new role as GM and his bullheadedly stubborn philosophy of jettisoning playmakers from the roster and what that will do to the Eagles future hopes of being even playoff bound. Really it depends on how well Chip can control a draft war room.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying 49ers fired Harbaugh presumes you know how it really went down and that it was different than what was presented to the world -- the mutual parting of ways as Harbaugh goes back to coach his alma mater. Lots of speculation way before it happened that he would leave to do that. But hiring Tomsula? Now that could be classified as a dumb move. Just watch that guy's first interview.

This is ignorant from start to finish.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers hands down

Ran off a coach that got took them to at least the NFC champ game 3 out of his 4 years coaching in SF. If they don't run off Harbaugh, perhaps Willis & Smith do not retire. Let Gore, the all time franchise leader in rush yds and TDs leave in FA, let Iupati, a 3 time Pro Bowl OG leave in FA. They did add Torrey Smith and Darnell Dockett, which are solid adds.

I think it's pretty obvious what the Eagles are doing. They are positioning themselves to move up in the draft to get Mariota. I see a package of Sam Bradford and the Eagles Rd 1 pick being exchanged to either the Titans, Redskins or Jets in exchange for their #2 overall pick. Trading McCoy isn't something I would have done, but Philly did get a LB in return for a position they were extremely week in last season.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, it is rather clear that this "mutual agreement" was more about the FO getting rid of Harbaugh. Then again, I could be wrong.

I personally think Harbaugh wanted to run a zone read offense with CK. I believe the 49ers FO basically forced his hand to get away from that offense that exposed the QB (They watched what happened with RG3).

Yes, all speculation. I am pretty certain the FO pretty much forced Harbaugh to leave. So, if it was mutual, it was set in motion by the FO.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers hands down

Ran off a coach that got took them to at least the NFC champ game 3 out of his 4 years coaching in SF. If they don't run off Harbaugh, perhaps Willis & Smith do not retire. Let Gore, the all time franchise leader in rush yds and TDs leave in FA, let Iupati, a 3 time Pro Bowl OG leave in FA. They did add Torrey Smith and Darnell Dockett, which are solid adds.

I think it's pretty obvious what the Eagles are doing. They are positioning themselves to move up in the draft to get Mariota. I see a package of Sam Bradford and the Eagles Rd 1 pick being exchanged to either the Titans, Redskins or Jets in exchange for their #2 overall pick. Trading McCoy isn't something I would have done, but Philly did get a LB in return for a position they were extremely week in last season.

They have a whole lot less leverage to move up now. Foles would have been a nice QB to dangle. Not so much with crippled Bradford.

The Titans all of a sudden are desperate for a QB, being that Jake Locker retired.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a whole lot less leverage to move up now. Foles would have been a nice QB to dangle. Not so much with crippled Bradford.

The Titans all of a sudden are desperate for a QB, being that Jake Locker retired.
The Titans asked the Rams about Bradford. They want him and the Eagles know that.
Eagles trade-Bradford, 2015 1st rd pick (#20 overall), 2016 2nd rd pick
Titans trade- 2015 1st rd pick (#2 overall)

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans asked the Rams about Bradford. They want him and the Eagles know that.
Eagles trade-Bradford, 2015 1st rd pick (#20 overall), 2016 2nd rd pick
Titans trade- 2015 1st rd pick (#2 overall)

If the Titans do that, then they may be added to this discussion. :)

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it is rather clear that this "mutual agreement" was more about the FO getting rid of Harbaugh. Then again, I could be wrong.

I personally think Harbaugh wanted to run a zone read offense with CK. I believe the 49ers FO basically forced his hand to get away from that offense that exposed the QB (They watched what happened with RG3).

Yes, all speculation. I am pretty certain the FO pretty much forced Harbaugh to leave. So, if it was mutual, it was set in motion by the FO.
Fair enough. I contend there was at least a puncher's chance that Harbaugh would have left to coach Michigan regardless of the seemingly deteriorated relationship with SF brass.

I truly think they botched hiring the next guy. Tomsula goes from DL coach straight to HC, and since then his defensive players are retiring or leaving as free agents. He can't put a coherent sentence together. This is going to be enjoyable. If there's a silver lining for SF fans, they're set up to have this goof in the job for a year while they look for a real coach.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go with the Eagles.

Like the previous posts yeah they probably made a mistake in their coaching hire but who knows until the season starts.

Eagles on the other hand traded away their top rusher, didn't resign their top receiver or franchise him, released half their OLine and traded away the best QB on the roster for someone who just had two surgeries on the same knee. Not only did they trade away the more dependable and arguably the better player but they threw in a 2nd and a 4th in the process. Sure the defense is better but the defense is not Seattle, Bills or Houston good. Chip is so egotistical that he thinks he can plug in anyone into his offensive system and they will be putting up big numbers, and his is willing to place his coaching career on it.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Locker was a FA anyway and truth be told they could have went hard after Mallett or Hoyer or Sanchez and gotten the same production. They might be looking at a QB but I think Mr. Selfie played ok to decent at the end of last year so they might be wanting to give him a shot.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locker was a FA anyway and truth be told they could have went hard after Mallett or Hoyer or Sanchez and gotten the same production. They might be looking at a QB but I think Mr. Selfie played ok to decent at the end of last year so they might be wanting to give him a shot.

True enough. I do think Foles was a lot better in terms of using him to move up. I am sorry, if I were the Titans, Mariotta would be my target.

They have nothing on their roster in terms of a QB.

If it is true that the Titans want Bradford, then maybe it will work out for the Eagles. As of right now, they are looking ridiculous.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anyone want Bradford with his injury history which started back in college? He's not suddenly going to stay healthy. He's just injury prone. Some players are like that. Good luck to the Eagles with him and Sanchez.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the reactions I've seen online to Chip Kelly's big splashes on the market, Philadelphia is not new to winning the "offseason Super Bowl". Remember a few offseasons ago when they got Nnamdi Asomugha and a bunch of other guys?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the reactions I've seen online to Chip Kelly's big splashes on the market, Philadelphia is not new to winning the "offseason Super Bowl". Remember a few offseasons ago when they got Nnamdi Asomugha and a bunch of other guys?

True, but if we did not have a hyped off season "season" we would be forced into talking about basketball.

Could you imagine if all we had to do was talk about freaking basketball....

post-31458-Jim-Carrey-disgust-puke-gif-Du-5Lr8.gif

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans have bigger holes to fill than just QB, especially since MM is not considered a 'can't miss prospect'. Trading back would allow the Titans to fill many holes. No, Bradford is not the answer to their QB problems, but neither is MM. The Titans have one of the worst defenses in the NFL. They need safeties, cornerbacks and linebackers.