• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rey's Updated Eagles Mock 2.0

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting close ... so I figured I'd throw my 2nd Mock out there :)

Rd 1: Garrett Bradbury NC State C/G

*** After watching a ton of this kid's film, it is plain to see that this is a rare talent on the interior. Bradbury is a Pro Bowler in waiting at the Center position and can also get it done from either Guard spot until Kelce decides to hang em up. Mobility-wise there is no other guy in this draft who compares on the interior; he shoots out of his stance, can pull with the best of them and has excellent upper body strength to wrestle defenders and pancake them if need be (treated Clemson's Christian Wilkins like a red headed stepchild in their match-up). We need to make sure Carson Wentz stays protected moving forward and with the injury to Brooks at RG ... no established starter at LG (Seumalo was re-signed, but I think it was more for depth than as a given starter) … and Center Jason Kelce possibly not sticking around too much longer … we can really use a true interior stud like Bradbury in the mix moving forward. In the Eagles' system they need interior guys who can move well and get to the 2nd level quickly and Bradbury fits the mold perfectly.

Rd 2: Germaine Pratt LB NC State

*** Here's our guy to fill in our deficiency at LB. Former Safety who can cover, but is also a tackling machine. Led NC State in tackles every game this past season. 6'2” 240 lbs and runs a 4.58. A lot to like about this kid and he puts in the time in the film room (team Captain). I didn't think there would be a LB I would select early, but on a tip from a respected buddy of mine I watched his film and instantly became a fan. Really good as a blitzer as well … fits our scheme. Not a thumper, but LB'ers in our scheme don't need to be; they just need to be able to cover well, have good chase down speed and secure the tackle … that's Germaine Pratt!

Rd 2: Mecole Hardman WR Georgia

*** Explosive (4.34 Combine 40 speed at 5'10” 188 lbs) and “underused” receiver at the college level with excellent return ability. Really good route runner (as with most Georgia receivers) with electric ability after the catch. You rarely hear his name mentioned with the top receivers in this class, probably because he didn't have the gaudy stats … but I would take him all day here in Rd 2. He's the perfect understudy for Desean Jackson and can be groomed either in the slot or on the outside. He instantly becomes our best kick and punt return option. If Nelson Agholor walks after this year, Hardman steps right into that role in 2020. With Djax and Hardman, the Eagles can really open it up for Carson Wentz; a huge difference from last season.

Rd 4: Ryquell Armstead RB Temple

*** Man, I really like this kid! Tough runner who can lower the boom once he feels contact or he can run away from you (4.45 40 time – one of the faster RB times at the Combine). I love that he can change direction easily while at full speed without losing momentum. He does not dance (hits the hole hard), but is still shifty enough to make plays if the original blocked play lane gets clogged up (something Josh Adams can't do). Also a solid receiver and blocker, so he has the potential to develop into a 3 down Back. Perfect size for a future work horse if he ends up working out for us (5'11” 220 lbs). I think Josh Adams is a goner, nice North/South runner, but has no lateral quickness; he was phased out of the playoffs. Howard/Armstead/Clement and Smallwood will be our 4.

Rd 4: Daylon Mack DT Texas A&M

*** Mack is a fire hydrant type of DT with really good get off. He's 6'1” 335 lbs, but moves really well for that size. Plays with a great base and should rotate in as a run defender in short yardage and goal line situations. He does show some pass rush ability because he fires off the ball quickly; in 2018 he did rack up 5.5 Sacks along with a blocked kick. Competition behind starters Fletcher Cox and Malik Jackson is wide open, so Mack has a good chance of establishing himself right off the jump and as the short yardage option next to Cox.

Rd 5: Ben Banogu DE TCU

*** Banogu is a bit raw as far as pass rush moves & technique as TCU concentrates more on “scheme”, but this kid has top notch potential on the edge. Fast and very quick/athletic … 6'4” 250 lbs and tested extremely well at the Combine (killed it in the drills) with a sub 4.6 40 and an incredible 11'2” Broad jump (explosive lower body). Production was also there despite using mostly athleticism to make plays. 18 Tackles for loss and 8.5 Sacks in 2018. His game tape is loaded with plays where he just chases ball carriers down … I'm not sure why this kid isn't getting more pub. His team mate LJ Collier often gets mocked in Rd 2 and while Collier is an excellent bull rusher, I see Banogu with a higher pro ceiling with his skill set. He's also very good in drop back coverage for an Edge, so I'm sure he will be an attractive option for 3-4 teams as well as a rush LB. He's a pro coaching year away from contributing at the pro level, but all the tools are there. The Eagles don't need an immediate starter at DE in 2019, so a guy like Banogu would make for a great stash and teach pick.

Rd 6: Easton Stick QB North Dakota State

*** Let's go to the well twice! :) Stick is no Carson Wentz, but he has some good traits. He has really good speed for a QB at 4.62 Combine speed (same straight line speed as RB Josh Jacobs). He actually reminds me a bit of Jeff Garcia as a passer. With backup QB Nate Sudfeld on the final year of his contract, it would be a good idea to bring in some QB help in case Sudfeld leaves in 2020. Stick already fits the Offense as he ran a similar RPO at ND State.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey... you never fail to give an in-depth description of each prospect. You should be on the NFL Network. If you nail these picks, I am going to hang up my prognostications. I will do my draft mock for the 1st round for all teams this weekend, but you concentrate on who we care about the most - the EAGLES! You did not go with the "sexy" picks, but who you think will fit our needs, matched with the best available players. I hope you prove this correct. We bow down to you as the best draft Guru around. Great work!

Reactions: Rey

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Rey, do you think Bradbury is as good as Zach Martin, or even better? How do they stack up? Martin made Dallas' OL complete. If you think they at least match up, then I'm on board. I still would rather have Wilkins. Just me.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Rey, do you think Bradbury is as good as Zach Martin, or even better? How do they stack up? Martin made Dallas' OL complete. If you think they at least match up, then I'm on board. I still would rather have Wilkins. Just me.

I don't know about better as Martin is one of the best Guards in the league, but I do see him as having the same type of "impact". Bradbury imo is the complete interior Lineman ... Power, agility, leg drive and quickness off the snap. Plus he can play anywhere on the interior ... not strictly a Center.; if he were "only" a Center I would probably not take him at 25, but he's a versatile player.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, I appreciate your efforts, and as a long time follower and poster going back to the Mouth Off and KFFL forum days, I can say you really do know your stuff... but allow me to nitpick a little :)

I don't see Bradbury lasting until 25 - I love him as a player and think he would be great in Eagles green, but his stock has been going through the roof since the combine and I don't think he'll even make it to pick 20... unless we trade up I don't see us getting him.

I don't like that you waited as long as you did to get defensive lineman... At least one of our first 3 picks should be a DL IMO, I know it's a deep draft but that depth will dry up quickly if we wait too long.

I love the Pratt pick, I'm good with Ryquell (one of the more underrated RBs in this draft) and I like Stick too, I would even consider taking him in the 5th if he were available.

Reactions: Rey

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Northern Eagle. I think the most likely landing spots ahead of us where Bradbury could go would be to the Vikings at 18 or to the Ravens at 22. The Vikings however may be looking for an OLineman who can also play tackle; as good as Bradbury is inside, he's not a player you can use at Tackle. So there's a better chance the Vikings go after players like Dillard, Ford or Risner over taking Bradbury at that spot. They can also just as easily go DT as well. The Ravens are the bigger possibility imo ... Bradbury would fit like a glove there and help out Lamar Jackson a ton. They have been bringing in a ton of early Rd WR's for visits though and lost a bunch on the Defensive side to free agency ... so he's no given there either.

If in fact Bradbury is gone at 25 though ... keep an eye on Safety Chauncey Gardner-Johnson; I'm hearing the Eagles are "very" high on him and there's no chance he will be there in Rd 2.

Last edited:

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Northern Eagle. I think the most likely landing spots ahead of us where Bradbury could go would be to the Vikings at 18 or to the Ravens at 22. The Vikings however may be looking for an OLineman who can also play tackle; as good as Bradbury is inside, he's not a player you can use at Tackle. So there's a better chance the Vikings go after players like Dillard, Ford or Risner over taking Bradbury at that spot. They can also just as easily go DT as well. The Ravens are the bigger possibility imo ... Bradbury would fit like a glove there and help out Lamar Jackson a ton. They have been bringing in a ton of early Rd WR's for visits though and lost a bunch on the Defensive side to free agency ... so he's no given there either.

If in fact Bradbury is gone at 25 though ... keep an eye on Safety Chauncey Gardner-Johnson; I'm hearing the Eagles are "very" high on him and there's no chance he will be there in Rd 2.

This is the guy who I’m thinking the Eagles have their eye on in round 1. We have no long term safety on the roster. Jenkins is older and McCleod is average. We’re one injury away from being in big trouble. Eagles could wait on the position but versatile cover safeties are hard to come by.

I would love a guy like Cody Ford but Bradberry will do for sure.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word came out that Rodney McLeod will miss the "entire" off season program and would not guarantee being ready for the start of the season. That's pretty significant info and increases the likelihood that a Safety like Chauncey Gardner-Johnson is our pick at 25. I would be perfectly fine with the pick ... that kid can ball!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to object that there is no way they take LB so early, but this is possibly shaking up to be the kind of year where they would.

I can see the pick of Stick in later rounds as our Dev QB. Just read a McManus piece on this and there is a lot of smoke around this type of late pick.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to object that there is no way they take LB so early, but this is possibly shaking up to be the kind of year where they would.

I can see the pick of Stick in later rounds as our Dev QB. Just read a McManus piece on this and there is a lot of smoke around this type of late pick.

I think with Pratt being a former Safety it makes him more appealing to the Eagles due to the scheme fit. With his speed and tackling ability it's exactly what the Eagles value at the position in their system.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard that the Eagles are taking a hard look at a RB from Florida but no specifics as to what school. I'm assuming either 2nd or 4th round type.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard that the Eagles are taking a hard look at a RB from Florida but no specifics as to what school. I'm assuming either 2nd or 4th round type.

Guessing it's Singletary from Florida Atlantic as opposed to Jordan Scarlett from Florida. Scarlett done Credit Card fraud and has stone hands. Runs with good power, but is likely more of a late rounder or free agent.