• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Agree to Trade Framework with Patriots and Browns Regarding WR Aiyuk

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised it's that much... was thinking more in the $27M range
The comparable player salaries just blew up this off season. When number 2 WRs were getting $28 million like Waddle and Devonta Smith a guy with Ayuik’s numbers was getting $30.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pay him 4 years $120 million. I’m trying to win a Super Bowl right now.
Look at this brilliant man doing John Lynch’s job almost a month ago.

Lynch held his ground just to give in the week before the season starts.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comparable player salaries just blew up this off season. When number 2 WRs were getting $28 million like Waddle and Devonta Smith a guy with Ayuik’s numbers was getting $30.
For sure... the market is what the market is. given his production with QBs other than Purdy, I woulda thought he would come in a bit lower than those two. Guess I don't know jack. Anyway, glad the hold-in is over and he's got time to practice with the team before game one. Although, given that it's the same deal that's been on the table for like a month, I'm guessing he just wanted to avoid training camp at this point, lol.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this brilliant man doing John Lynch’s job almost a month ago.

Lynch held his ground just to give in the week before the season starts.
According to Schefter, it's the same deal that's been on the table for weeks. Browns offered more, but he chose to stay with the 9ers, god bless him.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Aiyuk is a better player than either one.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's basically St. Brown $$$... which totally makes sense. Shoot, I'd say St. Brown prolly could have gotten more.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how the Niners can possibly sign Williams now. Williams is going to get PAID. And without him, the Niners have no chance to do anything this year.

WITH Williams, the Niners have a below average OL. WITHOUT him, I don’t know that there can be an argument that they don’t have the absolute WORST OL.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how the Niners can possibly sign Williams now. Williams is going to get PAID. And without him, the Niners have no chance to do anything this year.

WITH Williams, the Niners have a below average OL. WITHOUT him, I don’t know that there can be an argument that they don’t have the absolute WORST OL.
Nah... I'm guessing he just wants some guaranteed cash now. They can give him an extension with guarantees and push the cap hit down the road. It's just a matter of how much and how that plays into signing Purdy next year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah... I'm guessing he just wants some guaranteed cash now. They can give him an extension with guarantees and push the cap hit down the road. It's just a matter of how much and how that plays into signing Purdy next year.
Yep. This is the way. I’ve been trying to tell these guys. It’s the up front money. It’s the guaranteed money. The NFL salary cap is a mirage that can be massaged and manipulated if you have good math dorks who know how to structure and restructure cap and ownership that’s willing to pay more because the restructure game and kicking the cap can down the road in the end costs more money.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no capologist. I hope you are right.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed that this is a 4 year EXTENSION. That means he is playing under the 14M 5th year option this year.

So in essence, this is a 5/134, which actually places it at UNDER 27M aav

Excited John Cena GIF by WWE

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed that this is a 4 year EXTENSION. That means he is playing under the 14M 5th year option this year.

It’s whatever either side wants to tell themselves to make them ok.

He’s “honoring his contract” and playing the last year of his deal. He’s also negotiated a new deal that is paying him his value.

The only thing that really matters is the guaranteed money, the upfront money, when do the Niners have “outs” during the 4 year extension time period.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is gonna be easy for me to say since he isnt on my team, but fuck Trent Williams. He constantly wants a new deal with multiple years left on his deals. Right now he is on the hook for another three years.
If the Niners want to barter with him. So be it. Why wouldnt you with one of the top guys. However they arent forced to do a deal with him. They can tell his ass (& I know they wont) go ahead & retire. What are you gonna do sit for three years?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s whatever either side wants to tell themselves to make them ok.

He’s “honoring his contract” and playing the last year of his deal. He’s also negotiated a new deal that is paying him his value.

The only thing that really matters is the guaranteed money, the upfront money, when do the Niners have “outs” during the 4 year extension time period.
I read somewhere (shefter on X, I think) that it has 78M guaranteed. But is this year’s 14M part of that 78M? Or does the 78M only apply to the extension?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

welcome to NFL football

you guys are still fucked next year. Lynch is gone in 3 years without a SB appearance, maybe two if the owner isn't stubborn like the GM and most certainly the coach.
The fucking coach MIGHT be worse than the Rams coach with the ego. TBD

IN MY OPINION

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is gonna be easy for me to say since he isnt on my team, but fuck Trent Williams. He constantly wants a new deal with multiple years left on his deals. Right now he is on the hook for another three years.
If the Niners want to barter with him. So be it. Why wouldnt you with one of the top guys. However they arent forced to do a deal with him. They can tell his ass (& I know they wont) go ahead & retire. What are you gonna do sit for three years?
He is arguably the GOAT LT in the history of the game, and is apparently willing to walk away at any time. The multiple years on his deals are likely just ways of cap-wiggling to help out the Niners.

EOD, he has ALL the leverage and the Niners will do whatever he asks, then ask for a second serving. He is the Niners’ daddy, and everyone knows it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m gonna try this again but this time I’m going to invoke Hymen Roth.

“This is the business we’ve chosen.”

The NFL world is the most one-sided that skews toward the owners in all of the major sports. They enjoy a tremendous position overall. However, it’s created this kind of environment wherein guys with real leverage and options have to do this to get their worth and their value. Williams is one of those guys. He can lay claim to being one of if not THE best at his position. The NFL system hopes these guys aren’t assholes and flex like Trent is doing now. They use we fans and the media to shame these guys for trying to get their value.