• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Agree to Trade Framework with Patriots and Browns Regarding WR Aiyuk

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is gonna be easy for me to say since he isnt on my team, but fuck Trent Williams. He constantly wants a new deal with multiple years left on his deals. Right now he is on the hook for another three years.
If the Niners want to barter with him. So be it. Why wouldnt you with one of the top guys. However they arent forced to do a deal with him. They can tell his ass (& I know they wont) go ahead & retire. What are you gonna do sit for three years?
They should trade him to the Browns for a 5th

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere (shefter on X, I think) that it has 78M guaranteed. But is this year’s 14M part of that 78M? Or does the 78M only apply to the extension?
It’s so hard to gauge just hours after the announcement. In a few days to a month there will be stuff on Spotrac that should detail the contract and the way it’s structured. There will likely be articles written about it because this was a high profile negotiation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome to NFL football

you guys are still fucked next year. Lynch is gone in 3 years without a SB appearance, maybe two if the owner isn't stubborn like the GM and most certainly the coach.
The fucking coach MIGHT be worse than the Rams coach with the ego. TBD

IN MY OPINION
4 NFC championship games in 5 years. 2 Super Bowl appearances in 3 years.

This is an epic run, even without getting the belt. No belt sucks, no question. But end of the day, it is still a hell of a run.

You can laugh at Buffalo all you want. But 4 straight Bowl appearances is OMG-level awesome, no matter what.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is an epic run, even without getting the belt. No belt sucks, no question. But end of the day, it is still a hell of a run.

You can laugh at Buffalo all you want. But 4 straight Bowl appearances is OMG-level awesome, no matter what.
PLEASE!!!

you guys are better than my team....SO WHAT?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is gonna be easy for me to say since he isnt on my team, but fuck Trent Williams. He constantly wants a new deal with multiple years left on his deals. Right now he is on the hook for another three years.
If the Niners want to barter with him. So be it. Why wouldnt you with one of the top guys. However they arent forced to do a deal with him. They can tell his ass (& I know they wont) go ahead & retire. What are you gonna do sit for three years?
Williams has so much leverage right now. Niners aren't going to go on a SB run with one of the worst OLs in the league. He is going to get whatever he wants

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PLEASE!!!

you guys are better than my team....SO WHAT?
Even after 2017 this feels so strange to me. I’m sitting here as an Eagles fan used to being the fan with the long championship drought. And now I see you guys squabbling with hella long championship droughts and it makes me smile.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even after 2017 this feels so strange to me. I’m sitting here as an Eagles fan used to being the fan with the long championship drought. And now I see you guys squabbling with hella long championship droughts and it makes me smile.
kiss yourself tonight twice.

my God...you are like fucking Trump

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams has so much leverage right now. Niners aren't going to go on a SB run with one of the worst OLs in the league. He is going to get whatever he wants
I think all of you misunderstand what I am saying.
I agree, he will get spoiled & get what he wants.
I just dont care for it. Since he isnt on my team. That is easy for me to say.

If he was on my team. I would say well that sucks...... Hurry up & sign him!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all of you misunderstand what I am saying.
I agree, he will get spoiled & get what he wants.
I just dont care for it. Since he isnt on my team. That is easy for me to say.

If he was on my team. I would say well that sucks...... Hurry up & sign him!
Chris Jones last year was certainly worth the money. Trent Williams is almost certainly the same. Niners are paying their QB with pocket fuzz. They'll figure it out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I HATE the ’Boys, but last I checked, 5>1. Congrats on your ONE successful run. Hope you enjoyed it.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
According to Schefter, it's the same deal that's been on the table for weeks. Browns offered more, but he chose to stay with the 9ers, god bless him.
Aiyuk's agent is pushing back on that report but I'm guessing it's basically the same deal with a few tweaks to it which makes the agent technically correct even if the deal barely changed.

It's reported that he left the building on Wednesday due to frustration with the talks but Thursday the 9ers sat him down and laid out his options which was trade to the Steelers or finish up the extension. Just my pure speculation but I'm sure his agent probably told him that the 9ers offer isn't going to get any larger so let's tweak a few numbers to sweeten the deal a bit and take it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aiyuk's agent is pushing back on that report but I'm guessing it's basically the same deal with a few tweaks to it which makes the agent technically correct even if the deal barely changed.

It's reported that he left the building on Wednesday due to frustration with the talks but Thursday the 9ers sat him down and laid out his options which was trade to the Steelers or finish up the extension. Just my pure speculation but I'm sure his agent probably told him that the 9ers offer isn't going to get any larger so let's tweak a few numbers to sweeten the deal a bit and take it.
He wins.

Generational wealth is now his.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t mean to repeat myself, but it’s foolish to not pay players quickly that you’re going to pay eventually.

It just costs you more money.

John Lynch knows this, but thought he could play games. Very foolish imo.

Gonna cost him talent.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t mean to repeat myself, but it’s foolish to not pay players quickly that you’re going to pay eventually.

It just costs you more money.

John Lynch knows this, but thought he could play games. Very foolish imo.

Gonna cost him talent.
That's my thought as well. They likely could have extended him in the early spring in the 26-28 range without breaking a sweat. The money difference really doesn't matter that much but they could have saved the headache and drama of this whole thing. They will also likely figure out the Trent Williams thing but it would have been easier if that would have been the only thing to deal with. Imo, Williams is their most important player on that side of the ball. We saw that when he went down for a couple games last year. CMC's numbers drop dramatically and Purdy has to run for his life and all the other skill position guys can't get their hands on the ball. Lynch and Shanahan know that Williams is the key to their success.