• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: 2) Phoenix Suns vs. 3) Denver Nuggets

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think it's possible that you can dislike a players off the court stuff, but like how good he is at the sport he plays?

You were always happy with everything Kobe did off the court (and even on the court) at times?
Not all the time, he could be a jackass.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all the time, he could be a jackass.

Which is kinda the point. You can like a player being part of the collective on your team because he's a great player who helps win a lot of games and still dislike that player individually for any number of reasons.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is kinda the point. You can like a player being part of the collective on your team because he's a great player who helps win a lot of games and still dislike that player individually for any number of reasons.
LeBron was saying the same damn thing at the beginning of the season as now.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was a much bigger douchebag than LeBron.....but I might be biased since he was a dick in person and never met James.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I think your off base on this.

We all root for laundry and we have zero control over who the teams we root for decide to draft/trade for/sign. So, if your team gets a player that you don't like...are you required to find a new team? I've been plenty critical of Lebron, but I'm not going to stop being a Lakers fan because they signed him. I'm going to enjoy the wins, cringe over (and criticize) some of the shit that he does/says that I don't like. When he leaves, I won't be rooting for him anymore.

Is that somewhat hypocritical? Of course it is. But that's part of being a fan. Like when Vlade and D-Fish were Lakers and I'd cheer when they got away with flops that were called charging and blasted them for it when they did the same thing to the Lakers playing for other teams. lol

If Heatles were trying to claim that Lebron is no longer a great player, or was saying something as stupid as Wiggy with his "Lebron's legacy is tarnished" because when he went to the Lakers he didn't lead a bunch of kids to a championship in his first season (ignoring that he has never won a championship in his first season, even in his prime), then you would have a point...but I haven't seen him do that.

That's fine if you think I'm off base. This would be a very boring place if everyone always agreed. But I disagree with you. Like I already said it's lame for any fan to root for a player but the moment that player leaves their team then all of the sudden the issues start.

Either you got issues with a player or don't. Nobody should put any personal player issues they might have on the side while that player is playing for their team. Only to bring them up after that player has left.

I'll use the Celtics as an example. Well all know how good Kyrie is. Yet I was still disappointed when he went to Boston and happy when he left.

When I don't like a player I don't like them. And my opinion of them wouldn't change just because they play for my team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron was saying the same damn thing at the beginning of the season as now.

And? What does that have to do with disliking what he says off the court while still appreciating that he's a great player?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll use the Celtics as an example. Well all know how good Kyrie is. Yet I was still disappointed when he went to Boston and happy when he left.

Did you stop rooting for the Celtics when they got him? Did you want Kyrie to fail, even if it meant costing your team games?

What if he had led the Celtics to a title? Would you petition to have that title not count?

If not, you're a hypocrite...just like the rest of us.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Lebron, like all of us, is a mixed bag. What's the saying? "No one is as good as their best day or as bad as their worst day". That's definitely true with what we see from Lebron. He's used his money and fame to do some incredible things and he gets and deserves praise for that.

But, he's also done things like what he tweeted re: that police officer where he reacted emotionally, in the moment and tweeted something he shouldn't have, that could have had tragic results.

As bad as it was, I can understand to a point, that initial tweet. It was an emotional response that, without social media, likely goes no further than a few people who may have been around to hear him say it. But with twitter...it gets out to millions in a matter of moments.

What I do have an issue with though, is that when he realized what actually happened and what he had just put out there, he just deleted the tweet and blamed "haters" instead of using it as a "teachable moment" about why it's necessary to get all of the info before reacting.

Folks in Lebron's stratosphere have a lot of influence and it's important that they be very careful about what they are putting on social media. Like it or not, fair or not, someone like Lebron tweeting something, whether it's good or bad, can have much more serious ramifications than some regular person tweeting the same thing. That can be pretty easy to forget when reacting from emotion.
We all make mistakes and that's what I'm getting at. When it was clear he was in the wrong, he didn't even have the balls to admit he was wrong and apologize.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really is coming across like Wiggy.

BKS and TurnUp don't come across anything like him and they are loyal Heat fans who would also have reason to hate James......but they don't.

At least at me you dumb bitch.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you say wiggy 2.0. So you had no problem with him when he was on your team. But once he left you got all butthurt. There's no reason to continue this. You really don't understand how much of a dumbass homer you truly are. Rooting for a player only to have issues with him the moment he left your team is lame.
The irony. The ability to not understand simple concepts and continuing on this long tired bitch fest because someone doesn't like a player that's from your home town is pathetic. I'll take lame over that.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is well educated about these topics for sure.

@trojanfan12 is right in that his issue is that he sometimes reacts emotionally on social media. That is not productive in any way.

And unfortunately, too many influential people on both sides make this mistake.

I disagree about him being well educated on these topics. But I agree on the rest. I'll drop this as we shift the conversation to basketball, specifically.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was a much bigger douchebag than LeBron.....but I might be biased since he was a dick in person and never met James.
Kobe wasn’t a hypocrit to my knowledge.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think it's possible that you can dislike a players off the court stuff, but like how good he is at the sport he plays?

You were always happy with everything Kobe did off the court (and even on the court) at times?

I've literally broken down why I don't like Lebron as this has been his approach the last year and a half. You really can't fix stupid.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe wasn’t a hypocrit to my knowledge.

Kobe was a straight up asshole. His growth from the time he was in his early 20's (where most of us were idiots), to where he was by the time he hit his mid-30's into his 40's was insane. It truly sucked losing Kobe. I felt he would've had a significant positive impact on the world.

I never got the sense he was a hypocrite either.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe was a straight up asshole. His growth from the time he was in his early 20's (where most of us were idiots), to where he was by the time he hit his mid-30's into his 40's was insane. It truly sucked losing Kobe. I felt he would've had a significant positive impact on the world.

I never got the sense he was a hypocrite either.
No question Kobe had turned into a good person. I don’t think Lebron will ever be a tenth of the person Kobe had become.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine if you think I'm off base. This would be a very boring place if everyone always agreed. But I disagree with you. Like I already said it's lame for any fan to root for a player but the moment that player leaves their team then all of the sudden the issues start.

Either you got issues with a player or don't. Nobody should put any personal player issues they might have on the side while that player is playing for their team. Only to bring them up after that player has left.

When I don't like a player I don't like them. And my opinion of them wouldn't change just because they play for my team.
The issues I have with Lebron off the court stem from his social media stances. He didn't have these same stances with the Heat, or at least wasn't publicly vocal about it at the time like he is now. It's that simple logic you seem to be missing. I'd suggest you drop it since you keep fighting this unnecessary, losing battle.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question Kobe had turned into a good person. I don’t think Lebron will ever be a tenth of the person Kobe had become.

It's certainly an opinion everyone's entitled to. But I agree, personally.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I became a much bigger Kobe fan over the last couple of seasons of his career when he went "Uncle Kobe" and started trying to help younger players.

I became a real Kobe fan after he retired and I saw all that he was doing. Having 3 daughters, I especially liked what he was doing for girls sports.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you stop rooting for the Celtics when they got him? Did you want Kyrie to fail, even if it meant costing your team games?

What if he had led the Celtics to a title? Would you petition to have that title not count?

If not, you're a hypocrite...just like the rest of us.

Did I stop rooting for the Celtics when they got him? What an odd question. Of course not. But I never rooted for him while he was in Boston. I have no control over who they sign. But like I said I didn't like it. Regardless of how talented he is.

If he led the the Celtics to a title? :pound:Now that's a good one. He was never going to lead them to a title. The year he was injured for the playoffs without him the Celtics went to the ECF. The year he was healthy he quit on the team when they were knocked outta the playoffs by the Bucks in the 2nd round.

The fact you think I'm a hypocrite because I never liked him or rooted for him makes me laugh.