• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: 2) Phoenix Suns vs. 3) Denver Nuggets

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I became a much bigger Kobe fan over the last couple of seasons of his career when he went "Uncle Kobe" and started trying to help younger players.

I became a real Kobe fan after he retired and I saw all that he was doing. Having 3 daughters, I especially liked what he was doing for girls sports.

We all (usually) evolve over time. Kobe's evolution was definitely impressive. I strongly disliked Kobe in his early playing days, but as I grew older, understood Kobe's relentless approach and how that rubbed people the wrong way. Kobe was an asshole because he was hell bent on success, maybe for other reasons.

But yeah, big fan of his in the later years of his career.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony. The ability to not understand simple concepts and continuing on this long tired bitch fest because someone doesn't like a player that's from your home town is pathetic. I'll take lame over that.

Okay wiggy 2.0 whatever you say.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issues I have with Lebron off the court stem from his social media stances. He didn't have these same stances with the Heat, or at least wasn't publicly vocal about it at the time like he is now. It's that simple logic you seem to be missing. I'd suggest you drop it since you keep fighting this unnecessary, losing battle.

You can't talk you way outta rooting for him when he was on your team and then have issues with him when he left. Already told you that, but you obviously have a problem understanding it.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I became a much bigger Kobe fan over the last couple of seasons of his career when he went "Uncle Kobe" and started trying to help younger players.

I became a real Kobe fan after he retired and I saw all that he was doing. Having 3 daughters, I especially liked what he was doing for girls sports.
I agree with this.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't talk you way outta rooting for him when he was on your team and then have issues with him when he left. Already told you that, but you obviously have a problem understanding it.
LOL, like you have any authority over me. God you're a butt hurt cow.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I stop rooting for the Celtics when they got him? What an odd question. Of course not. But I never rooted for him while he was in Boston.

So then it's possible to continue to root for your team even when they have a player on it that you don't like. Glad you can see that.

But like I said I didn't like it. Regardless of how talented he is.

Other than the success of the Heat, isn't possible that Heatles felt the same way re: Lebron?

If he led the the Celtics to a title? :pound:Now that's a good one. He was never going to lead them to a title.

At the time he was signed, the thought was that he would be able to do just that. Remember, he hadn't gone completely batshit crazy yet. But solid attempt at avoiding the point.

The fact you think I'm a hypocrite because I never liked him or rooted for him makes me laugh.

You can laugh all you want, but you basically called Heatles a hypocrite and have been climbing up his ass for 2 days for doing essentially the same thing you did.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then it's possible to continue to root for your team even when they have a player on it that you don't like. Glad you can see that.

Other than the success of the Heat, isn't possible that Heatles felt the same way re: Lebron?

At the time he was signed, the thought was that he would be able to do just that. Remember, he hadn't gone completely batshit crazy yet. But solid attempt at avoiding the point.

You can laugh all you want, but you basically called Heatles a hypocrite and have been climbing up his ass for 2 days for doing essentially the same thing you did.

I really don't understand the big deal quite honestly. Is this really such a big deal?

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons has more missed free throws than several playoff teams do. He should just start shooting them with his eyes closed. It couldn’t hurt and he might even get above 50%.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta try underhand Rick Barry style but players egos are too big for that
Lol posted this in the wrong thread. I agree with the Barry style. Any form is better than what he’s using now. I read somewhere that JJ Redick said he was shooting FTs with the wrong hand... Hmmmm

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's a small piece of what he said yesterday. Comment # 297- "I haven't liked LeBron, on the court since he left the Heat in '14"

So he clearly stated at one point he had no issues. But those issues started the moment he left Miami. You're trying to call me a hypocrite, and for what? Because I said I wasn't a Kyrie fan before he joined the Celtics and I certainly didn't like him while he was in Boston? Odd you think me saying I've never liked Kyrie is the same as him saying he had no issues with LeBron until he left Miami.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a small piece of what he said yesterday. Comment # 297- "I haven't liked LeBron, on the court since he left the Heat in '14"

lol

You have your panties all twisted up over that? That's what you've spent the last 2 days climbing up his ass over?

Seriously?!?

And you called him Wiggy2.0?

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

You have your panties all twisted up over that? That's what you've spent the last 2 days climbing up his ass over?

Seriously?!?

And you called him Wiggy2.0?

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

Now wait a minute, who's upset here? Certainly not me. Why did I call him wiggy 2.0? Because both had no issues with LeBron when he played for the teams they root for. And then both had issues with him after he left. I just think that's funny.