• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Season Thread

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote in Jerry Rice, Brian Bosworth, Rick Mirer, Aaron Curry, and Charlie Whitehurst

pissed-monkey.gif

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,579.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not understand the Hate people give Brian Bosworth. He was injured but still played really well for us when he did play, I'm assuming they never saw him play or did not care because they were just 5 years old. Sucks he was basically playing one armed as a Linebacker yes but was he fun to watch when he played. WHO CARES that Bo Jackson with a 5 yard running headstart ran him over for a single yard for a TD he ran EVERYONE over. Had that been a yard or 2 more out he stuffs him. Give me a 5 yard running head start on a 250 pound linebacker standing on his goal line and i to would score.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not understand the Hate people give Brian Bosworth. He was injured but still played really well for us when he did play, I'm assuming they never saw him play or did not care because they were just 5 years old. Sucks he was basically playing one armed as a Linebacker yes but was he fun to watch when he played. WHO CARES that Bo Jackson with a 5 yard running headstart ran him over for a single yard for a TD he ran EVERYONE over. Had that been a yard or 2 more out he stuffs him. Give me a 5 yard running head start on a 250 pound linebacker standing on his goal line and i to would score.
Yeah, I was in HS when Boz was on the team. He was a monster. Absolutely a difference-making player. Unfortunately, his shoulders just didn't allow him to have a real career.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had some serious doubts about the direction of the season after the pathetic performance & wholly disappointing loss to the woeful Giants. It's staved off for the time being after the surprising win @ ATL, so I guess we'll see where it goes from here. I will say I become a bigger fan of Macdonald every time I hear him talk. He just seems to be in complete command of the situation. Even if this season doesn't end up being

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had some serious doubts about the direction of the season after the pathetic performance & wholly disappointing loss to the woeful Giants. It's staved off for the time being after the surprising win @ ATL, so I guess we'll see where it goes from here. I will say I become a bigger fan of Macdonald every time I hear him talk. He just seems to be in complete command of the situation. Even if this season doesn't end up being

When the defense is healthy they are average to above average. But this defense can't handle a bunch of injuries, not that any team really can.

For the Lions we were missing 4 of our starting 7. Against the Giants we lost Woolen and were missing all the same guys except for Williams.

Sunday is going to be tough. Good Bills team. Hopefully Woolen can play effectively. Looks like Tre Brown is out but if Pritchett can play, he might be an improvement.

We'll see if Jones can help that run D.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the defense is healthy they are average to above average. But this defense can't handle a bunch of injuries, not that any team really can.

For the Lions we were missing 4 of our starting 7. Against the Giants we lost Woolen and were missing all the same guys except for Williams.

Yeah, injuries aside, I can handle and even expect a loss @ Detroit and vs the 49ers. I got over both of those very quickly. But the Giants game was deflating. Dropping games like that tends to be what you point to at the end of the year as reason(s) why you didn't get to where you wanted to go.
Sunday is going to be tough. Good Bills team. Hopefully Woolen can play effectively. Looks like Tre Brown is out but if Pritchett can play, he might be an improvement.
Yeah, I'm not sure what to expect in this one. If Josh Allen gets into turnover mode, we are in good shape. Hopefully the fans are on their game coming off a good road win. It would be nice to get that HFA back.
We'll see if Jones can help that run D.
It's certainly needed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, injuries aside, I can handle and even expect a loss @ Detroit and vs the 49ers. I got over both of those very quickly. But the Giants game was deflating. Dropping games like that tends to be what you point to at the end of the year as reason(s) why you didn't get to where you wanted to go.

I was at the game. Deflating doesn't properly describe it for me. But sometimes teams lay an egg.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final injury report.

Lucas out which is expected
Cam Young and DK Metcalf are doubtful.

Brown, Morris, Pritchett and Fant are questionable which is actually somewhat good news. Getting Fant back would be huge.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final injury report.

Brown, Morris, Pritchett and Fant are questionable which is actually somewhat good news. Getting Fant back would be huge.

Yah, I think I'd rather just rest DK for this game. Also I think Mac said even though Lucas is practicing it will take several weeks until he's ready to play. So I'm thinking best bet is after the bye. But yah, if we can get Fant back that'd be big. I'm almost ready to give up on Cam Young... when was the last time that guy saw the field? Yeesh.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,328.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final injury report.

I'd be surprised if DK plays...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just leave DK out... there's enough offensive firepower (given K9/JSN/TL is healthy) without DK that we should be able to score, if Grubb can actually learn to run the fuckin' ball and use playaction or passes within 5-10 yards.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying the Linebackers have been pretty bad, said I wasn't sure about it even before the season so i am fine with turning over stones. I am just not sold or even close to it that Jones deserved a 4th round pick to trade Baker for. I just want to see the Coach play some of the young players more. It's like Macdonald is allergic to rookies or 2nd year players. Cant play scared or playing "Not" to lose you got to go for it so maybe this is just them going for it and over spending. JS likes to do that.
Normally I'd agree with playing the young players but with the Niners banged up, Rams up and down and the Cards being the Cards Mac actually has this team in first place so his thought get a guy (granted 4th rounder given up) that fits his system now and try to win this division. If Hawks were last and struggling I think he would be playing the younger guys to see what he has in them.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lucas, he came off the PUP so now he can practice for 21 days without taking up a roster spot, then by the end of that time the team has to either add him to the active roster or put him on season-ending IR. So I don't think there was really any possibility or expectation that he was gonna play this week; rather, he's just beginning the next phase in possibly being able to play again this season.

DK.... yeah, "doubtful" is pretty much a clear indicator he's not playing. And that sucks, but maybe this will push our offense more toward using the TEs and maybe a greater focus on the run game. We also might be working JSN a bit more to get him unlocked. I would much rather have DK out there than not, but some positives can come from it.

Gonna be a tough game unless we are fortunate to catch Josh Allen fall into turnover mode, which he can do from time to time.