• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

That is a really good return.

Knicks are legit contenders now.

This deal could allow the Nets to build a base that could get them back up to that level in 4-5 years.

Nets can’t compete now. Why should they care if their rivals can?
Sean Marks held out for a haul on a young guy. Makes up for the lackluster return on Irving. And even KD.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ainge needs to follow Marks' lead and start trading guys off for picks.....the Jazz aren't contending anytime soon in the WC.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

That is a really good return.

Knicks are legit contenders now.

This deal could allow the Nets to build a base that could get them back up to that level in 4-5 years.

Nets can’t compete now. Why should they care if their rivals can?
Those Knicks draft picks are going to be late first rounders. They won’t get a single additional lottery pick from this deal. We are talking about likely a pick in the range of 23-30 in round 1

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Knicks bring back OG they will have Hart and DDV coming off the bench. Looks like they want to be like Boston and have really good depth.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Knicks draft picks are going to be late first rounders. They won’t get a single additional lottery pick from this deal. We are talking about likely a pick in the range of 23-30 in round 1
Well, the Nets have 4 1st rounders in next year's draft. And it's supposed to be a really good draft.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

The Nets ended up getting a much worse haul than they would've gotten otherwise. Just dumb.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

The Nets ended up getting a much worse haul than they would've gotten otherwise. Just dumb.
Trading bridges is fine. Trading him to an established contender is silly. I would have rather work with Houston where you can likely still get a few top 20 picks and possibly some lottery picks

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading bridges is fine. Trading him to an established contender is silly. I would have rather work with Houston where you can likely still get a few top 20 picks and possibly some lottery picks

Well yea

Wasn't that who offered him last year?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The next couple years, yes.

But as I have always said, the value in a deal like this is with the distant future picks. After the Knicks current core is done.

You are making it seem like this is a bad deal because they dealt Bridges to their rival.

The teams are not on the same trajectory. It isn’t like the Nets are trying to compete today.

They need to take the best package they can get. And it looks like that was from the Knicks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can.

Just won’t be in the next couple years.

Any non contender willing to give up that many picks for Bridges would be incredibly stupid.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But as I have always said, the value in a deal like this is with the distant future picks. After the Knicks current core is done.

You are making it seem like this is a bad deal because they dealt Bridges to their rival.

The teams are not on the same trajectory. It isn’t like the Nets are trying to compete today.

They need to take the best package they can get. And it looks like that was from the Knicks.
Exactly.

And the haters just ignoring the 4 picks in next year's draft which by all accounts is pretty deep.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Knicks core likely going to be around and good in 2029. Only possible pick I can see being good for the nets is the 2031 pick

I just don’t agree with trading to your in state rival especially when they look at you as the little brother. I can imagine the shit nets are going to hear if the Knicks win a title with bridges

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The nets and Knicks rarely make deals

So that alone is kind of a big deal

I’m surprised it didn’t involve either 2024 pick since the Knicks have 2 and the nets zero

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even gonna begin to try to figure out all the pick swapping that went on tonight with Houston/Brooklyn and who owns what so on to the other trade.

That's quite an overpay for Mikal Bridges. Knicks basically unloaded all their draft capital for a guy that's 1 tier under perennial all star. While it is an overpay, I get it from a basketball perspective. If healthy this year, they could have made the Finals. At the very least, I bet they push Boston to 6 or 7 games. So if you can stay healthy, add Bridges, and keep OG, that's a hell of a tough out. That's just Team "Got That Dog In Them". But they absolutely MUST keep OG now. If he signs elsewhere on top of losing Hartenstein (which is likely because of this trade capwise), they just blew all their chips and got worse.

Still, that price makes me iffy. While he's older, I'd be more comfortable moving all your chips in for Paul George. Then again, they'd probably have to move Randle in a deal like that. The Bridges move was essentially just picks. I dunno, its tough. The better option might have just been to wait it out and see what else shakes loose. That's just a lot of fucking picks Mikal Bridges.
I think the Knicks still have 3 firsts they can deal. They also can still deal Randle.

Reactions: DJ