• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust Dolan to not have some kind of underhanded shit going on there.
He would be accepting $39 million as the number one option while OG as the 4th option will be making more than he does.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And obviously, to do that ya have to have a buyer or buyers who wants/want those contracts. Obviously the Lakers don't have that either.

Or you pay people to dump them

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is the bull shit you make up and the hypotheticals you make up always to be valued more than the hypotheticals other posters make up?

Barnes > Mobley and that really can’t be argued. It’s as simple as that. You stand with maybe 10% of NBA fans who would take Mobley over Barnes right now. I get it. Mobley is a Cav and that’s what drives your opinion. The majority of people aren’t governed by that tinge of Cavs homerism that drives your opinion though. Unbiased observers are taking Barnes by a vast number.
bullshit and hypotheticals? you claimed barnes "demanded touches since he entered lineup"? again, not so sure and it's a fact it did not lead to many more shots as they were each around 12 shots/game. You offered a factually incorrect comment...I refuted it with the actual facts.

Barnes > Mobley actually can be argued and I've done a decent job doing so with facts. You have made your case with opinions that can be refuted with facts along with factually incorrect comments.

not sure I've heard anyone in the sport say they'd take Barnes over Mobley and for sure not a vast number.

FYI, didn't even say Barnes not better....but it is debatable as I've clearly showed you.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you pay people to dump them
Yep, that too and the Lakers don't have that either or are not willing to do that. Instead they are keeping those players to see how things work out with Redick and his "new" scheme.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is outstanding!

Sixers have room to sign one or two more vet minimum contracts with some decent vets still around. Assuming two deals that takes them to about 174 million. That gives them the ability to sign KJ Martin to that balloon payment of 12-16 million that they can use as an expiring for trade this winter.

Remains to be seen if the players work but Morey gets an A+ here for the way he maximized the cap space he carved out.

He was killing it while you were in um, timeout.

I even said as much. LOL.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting to be laughable. If the Lakers can't afford GTJ, how on the frikin planet are they going to afford these two?? Some punkass young sports writer's idea of a story I suppose. See post #5661.

1-It's clickbait.

2-Mark and Carter make a combined 30 mill right now. Mark is on an absolute deal of a contract right now but due a hefty extension. The Lakers would have to trade 30 mill worth of contracts plus picks obviously.

3-Not happening though.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is outstanding!

Sixers have room to sign one or two more vet minimum contracts with some decent vets still around. Assuming two deals that takes them to about 174 million. That gives them the ability to sign KJ Martin to that balloon payment of 12-16 million that they can use as an expiring for trade this winter.

Remains to be seen if the players work but Morey gets an A+ here for the way he maximized the cap space he carved out.

Go get a backup SF, maybe RoCo? Guy is no longer a starter but he can be a depth piece.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And obviously, to do that ya have to have a buyer or buyers who wants/want those contracts. Obviously the Lakers don't have that either.
Utah has almost 38 mill in cap space.

Pretty sure Rob is talking with Trader Danny and the Pistons still.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be accepting $39 million as the number one option while OG as the 4th option will be making more than he does.
Not all clearly, but some guys know they are making a shit ton of money for a game.

Maybe, just maybe he wants the guys there to stay there? And knows all about the new CBA.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, to move contracts, ya have to have a buyer or being willing to pay somebody to dump them. The Lakers have neither scenario going on. So your number 3 a few posts back is absolutely correct, DJ.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, to move contracts, ya have to have a buyer or being willing to pay somebody to dump them. The Lakers have neither scenario going on. So your number 3 a few posts back is absolutely correct, DJ.

Utah and det gave the ability to eat Vincent

Eating Vincent to get a pick or JHS is possible

Or you go for someone like dfs and stuff unwanted guys like hayes wood and reddish into that deal

Easier to stuff two of those guys to one of the aforementioned teams for a 2 than Vincent

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go get a backup SF, maybe RoCo? Guy is no longer a starter but he can be a depth piece.
I just want BPA with the last one or two minimums. Lowry gives them a much needed back up who can run offense in Maxey off minutes. I would be ok with Marcus Morris or RoCo. The big thing they lack right now in my opinion is rebounding. That could be addressed at the deadline with a KJ Martin and picks trade.

Gun to my head I think Marcus Morris is the guy who signs the last vet minimum.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all clearly, but some guys know they are making a shit ton of money for a game.

Maybe, just maybe he wants the guys there to stay there? And knows all about the new CBA.
I don’t know of too many people that are ok with leaving tens of millions of dollars on the table to do what they were gonna do anyway.

Are Bridges and Randle going to do the same now? They’re next for extensions. Did OG do that when he took $40 million AAV to be the fourth option?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know of too many people that are ok with leaving tens of millions of dollars on the table to do what they were gonna do anyway.

Are Bridges and Randle going to do the same now? They’re next for extensions. Did OG do that when he took $40 million AAV to be the fourth option?
Randle likely to be the odd man out and get dealt IMO.

156 mill is still a lot of damn money. It's his decision.

PS: I wish Bron had decided to take 30-35 mill per. We would have signed GTJ by now and not waiting for Pelinka to move a few smaller contracts to make some cap space.