• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t he only a second year guy? I mean it all depends on how much Okoro wants I think they can afford to pay him around $14M and not go into that 2nd apron. A lower salary guy does make sense in a sign-and-trade but a guy with less experience makes less sense.
Is clear whatever we do better get it right as gonna be tough to make moves when we go into 2nd apron which we will eventually, I think.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I said I do like the guy and am in no way trying to rip him. 2nd best player? Maybe, but even if he's better than Garland, having Garland (along with Mitchell and Allen, too) is going to make those scoring and assist numbers for Barnes go down. I dont think he'd be better or at least more important than Allen if we had Barnes.

FYI, can make very strong case Mitchell has had the 2 best seasons of his career on the Cavs so not sure how much better Barnes makes him.

Hopefully in your hiatus you really have changed and will own you made a factually incorrect comment. Barnes has demanded touches since he entered lineup? Not so sure about that and it certainly did not lead to many more shots than Mobley attempted. as rookies, Mobley took 12 per for 15 ppg and barnes took a whopping 12.6 shots for 15.3 ppg.

FYI, the type of defensive skill Mobley can play - guard 1-5 and an elite defender at 7-0 even on perimeter is as important as nearly any skill in today's NBA. But I'd add he's as good or better in post than Barnes and, sure, because of his height. And as a wing Barnes should be a better 3 point shooter than Mobley. But he's not.
Why is the bull shit you make up and the hypotheticals you make up always to be valued more than the hypotheticals other posters make up?

Barnes > Mobley and that really can’t be argued. It’s as simple as that. You stand with maybe 10% of NBA fans who would take Mobley over Barnes right now. I get it. Mobley is a Cav and that’s what drives your opinion. The majority of people aren’t governed by that tinge of Cavs homerism that drives your opinion though. Unbiased observers are taking Barnes by a vast number.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is outstanding!

Sixers have room to sign one or two more vet minimum contracts with some decent vets still around. Assuming two deals that takes them to about 174 million. That gives them the ability to sign KJ Martin to that balloon payment of 12-16 million that they can use as an expiring for trade this winter.

Remains to be seen if the players work but Morey gets an A+ here for the way he maximized the cap space he carved out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barnes would be an All Star on your team and the 2nd best player. He’s a Swiss Army knife. He would make Garland and Mitchell better. If Barnes were on the Cavs and not Mobley, they’d be in conversation with the Celtics Knicks and Sixers in the East. Barnes isn’t timid the way Mobley is. Mobley doesn’t assert himself. Barnes has been asserting himself since he entered Raptors lineup and demanded touches over guys like Siakam and FVV who were already established in the league.
Barnes could help the offense but a downgrade defensively. He is also about 3-4" shorter. Mobley actually has a better looking shot, just needs to develop it.

I know Mobley has to develop quite a bit but I think his potential is much higher than Barnes-this is the main reason I choose Mobley.

I can agree Barnes is the overall better player right now. Not sure I believe he would be a greater impact on Cleveland. I think you are vastly underestimating Mobley's defense. I think it almost equals out with Barnes upgrade on offense.

It isn't a mystery his numbers jumped up once they started the rebuild. Now he is basically a #1a or 1b option after the Siakam trade. Mobley would have to be more assertive if he was on a bad team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes could help the offense but a downgrade defensively. He is also about 3-4" shorter. Mobley actually has a better looking shot, just needs to develop it.

I know Mobley has to develop quite a bit but I think his potential is much higher than Barnes-this is the main reason I choose Mobley.

I can agree Barnes is the overall better player right now. Not sure I believe he would be a greater impact on Cleveland. I think you are vastly underestimating Mobley's defense. I think it almost equals out with Barnes upgrade on offense.
I don’t think Barnes is a bad defender. I don’t think he’s elite like Mobley though. I think Barnes has transformative offensive game though. I think he makes other guys better with his game. How much of Cavs team defense was Bickerstaff and schemes and how much was it the individual defense of Mobley?
It isn't a mystery his numbers jumped up once they started the rebuild. Now he is basically a #1a or 1b option after the Siakam trade. Mobley would have to be more assertive if he was on a bad team.
Barnes won rookie of the year with Siakam and FVV still there.

I don’t even know what Barnes numbers are. I’m going by watching both of them on the court. I think Barnes does more things.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this plays out this way, it’s arguably one of the dumbest decisions ever made in the NBA.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Barnes is a bad defender. I don’t think he’s elite like Mobley though. I think Barnes has transformative offensive game though. I think he makes other guys better with his game. How much of Cavs team defense was Bickerstaff and schemes and how much was it the individual defense of Mobley?

I don’t even know what Barnes numbers are. I’m going by watching both of them on the court. I think Barnes does more things.

We will know more this year on Bickerstaff

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if you watch the games Mobley has instincts that you can't teach...so that is something special.

You mention, Bickerstaff's defense but you fail to mention he rarely if ever made Mobley the focal point of the offense. He could easily be a Draymond type of player bc he has good vision, ability to pass and make reads.

So like I said, I think we have seen just the tip of the iceberg for Mobley offensively and his numbers are close to Barnes as a #4 option. Get some post moves and a jumpshot and that is dangerous. We will see what Atkinson can do

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3