• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comment # 5,758. It's no surprise you haven't changed at all.
Yeah this place isn’t all that important to impact life decisions and shit.

Why do you come to this message board if you can’t talk about sports and stuff?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can’t engage in a basketball discussion again? Why do you post here?

One more time since reading comprehension seems to be an issue for you today.

After your little time out for being the typical asshole you always are I was wondering if you changed.

You haven't all all. Still the same pissed off Philly you've been for years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this place isn’t all that important to impact life decisions and shit.

Why do you come to this message board if you can’t talk about sports and stuff?

Okay you wanna talk about sports stuff?

If Luka is preseason favorite for MVP this season do we gotta here a seasons worth of your homeristic crying and bullshit that Luka's just a fat 'n sloppy systems player? His defense is even worse than Joker's.

Is that sports enough for you Short Bus?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more time since reading comprehension seems to be an issue for you today.

After your little time out for being the typical asshole you always are I was wondering if you changed.

You haven't all all. Still the same pissed off Philly you've been for years.
I wanted to talk about a basketball topic and you wanted to talk about me. You’re mental. You’re still not talking about basketball and you’re talking about me.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This @Wamu stuff feels like a kid that was bullied all through school that practices his speech of rebuke in front of a mirror and imagines applause. In the end it is just embarrasing for him and nobody gives a shit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay you wanna talk about sports stuff?

If Luka is preseason favorite for MVP this season do we gotta here a seasons worth of your homeristic crying and bullshit that Luka's just a fat 'n sloppy systems player? His defense is even worse than Joker's.

Is that sports enough for you Short Bus?
Haha and what’s funny is that you’ll post this stuff and then be so lacking in self awareness that you’re gonna call me the angry one.

Can you talk about sports or no?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This @Wamu stuff feels like a kid that was bullied all through school that practices his speech of rebuke in front of a mirror and imagines applause. In the end it is just embarrasing for him and nobody gives a shit.
I’m not even trolling him right now. Silly cuck just shows up and voluntarily decides to hop on my line. Weird.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes could help the offense but a downgrade defensively. He is also about 3-4" shorter. Mobley actually has a better looking shot, just needs to develop it.

I know Mobley has to develop quite a bit but I think his potential is much higher than Barnes-this is the main reason I choose Mobley.

I can agree Barnes is the overall better player right now. Not sure I believe he would be a greater impact on Cleveland. I think you are vastly underestimating Mobley's defense. I think it almost equals out with Barnes upgrade on offense.

It isn't a mystery his numbers jumped up once they started the rebuild. Now he is basically a #1a or 1b option after the Siakam trade. Mobley would have to be more assertive if he was on a bad team.
And is Barnes so much better on offense? Mobley is much more efficient and even as a 7 footer compared to a wing Mobley shoots better from 3....though we do need to see him take the next step there and keep that % at 37 or better and take more of them.

I do agree Mobley would have to be more assertive if he was on a bad team and no way to know if he would be.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha and what’s funny is that you’ll post this stuff and then be so lacking in self awareness that you’re gonna call me the angry one.

Can you talk about sports or no?

Hell yeah you're always angry. Did you not recently get put in timeout for your typical immature behavior of going off on people and calling the names?

I asked you a question about Luka.

You refused to answer. A question about him is sports related after all.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Barnes is a bad defender. I don’t think he’s elite like Mobley though. I think Barnes has transformative offensive game though. I think he makes other guys better with his game. How much of Cavs team defense was Bickerstaff and schemes and how much was it the individual defense of Mobley?

Barnes won rookie of the year with Siakam and FVV still there.

I don’t even know what Barnes numbers are. I’m going by watching both of them on the court. I think Barnes does more things.
who did Barnes make better as the team's #1 or 1a? sure didn't lead to many wins. as to Cavs' D? Hard to say how much was JB as to the players. Did have some really good defensive players in Allen, Mobley and Okoro who matter as much or more than scheme IMO.

When you watch Barnes on the court is he scoring more and making a higher % of his shots than he actually made? The "I go by watching" is usually the go to when actual numbers (which can only be originated by someone watching) don't help or hurt a case.

again, let me reiterate I like Barnes a lot and can agree a case can be made he's the better player.....but far better or nearly everyone agrees he's better? I don't see that at all.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not even trolling him right now. Silly cuck just shows up and voluntarily decides to hop on my line. Weird.

The odd thing is I'm not trolling you either.

I was asking you a legit question.

And in typical fashion you got offended.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you watch the games Mobley has instincts that you can't teach...so that is something special.

You mention, Bickerstaff's defense but you fail to mention he rarely if ever made Mobley the focal point of the offense. He could easily be a Draymond type of player bc he has good vision, ability to pass and make reads.

So like I said, I think we have seen just the tip of the iceberg for Mobley offensively and his numbers are close to Barnes as a #4 option. Get some post moves and a jumpshot and that is dangerous. We will see what Atkinson can do
I'd say he has some post moves...well, at least one that cannot really be defensed in his jump hook. Does need some more moves and, yes, has shown before he can run an O from the elbow and can take his man off the dribble from the perimeter, but really showed us in the Cs series. Hope it carries over.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little different for someone like Lebron to take a cut (which he really hasn't) versus Brunson who's made nice money but giving up that kind of dough is crazy
agree....Can only assume does not want to risk injury or regression, or at least numbers coming down with better players? :noidea:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta ask because of something you said a couple of years ago. After a back & forth with a Cavs fan you went outta your way to say you'd have a problem with anything Cleveland sports related going forward.

"Mobley is a Cav and that's what drive your opinion." <--odd thing coming from a 76ers homer

^^^^

You're the biggest Embiid fan on this site and choose to only acknowledge points per game and no other stats for multiple seasons. How legit is this comment of yours knowing you got issues with anything Cleveland?

2- But you're not unbiased. Actually you're very biased.
I'd say the funniest part is my only pushback is it's some lock Barnes is the much better player - and nearly everyone knows it - and Mobley only does one thing better.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attachments

• C5C22C4E-18D5-4545-A353-B0D775763D15.jpeg
    C5C22C4E-18D5-4545-A353-B0D775763D15.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 3

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this league is fucking dumb as rat shit
Yeah those dummies losing all that money every year need to learn from a genius like you

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah you're always angry. Did you not recently get put in timeout for your typical immature behavior of going off on people and calling the names?
Oh look! In claiming that he isn’t a woman engaging in gossip and wanting to talk about me because he can’t talk about sports he does exactly what he says he doesn’t do.
I asked you a question about Luka.
No you didn’t. Do you think I’m as dumb as you are? That’s not an honest question about the 24-25 MVP race in the NBA. That was you wanting to do the Jokic shit again and throw shit I said in the past in my face like….

Wait for it….

A fucking woman.
You refused to answer. A question about him is sports related after all.
No it’s not. Do you carry a purse? How far do you lean into being a woman?