• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah those dummies losing all that money every year need to learn from a genius like you

To be fair my ideas would them more money

They’re just bitter that some owners aren’t maximizing profit to actually try and win

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This @Wamu stuff feels like a kid that was bullied all through school that practices his speech of rebuke in front of a mirror and imagines applause. In the end it is just embarrasing for him and nobody gives a shit.
I mean, he did just ask a bball question and as usual the Question Coward wouldn't answer, so...... :noidea:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who did Barnes make better as the team's #1 or 1a? sure didn't lead to many wins. as to Cavs' D? Hard to say how much was JB as to the players. Did have some really good defensive players in Allen, Mobley and Okoro who matter as much or more than scheme IMO.

When you watch Barnes on the court is he scoring more and making a higher % of his shots than he actually made? The "I go by watching" is usually the go to when actual numbers (which can only be originated by someone watching) don't help or hurt a case.

again, let me reiterate I like Barnes a lot and can agree a case can be made he's the better player.....but far better or nearly everyone agrees he's better? I don't see that at all.
I don’t think the Raptors have a ton of talent right now and had about 15-20 games at the end of the season when they actually had started to accrue their future pieces. Just read an article today with their coach declaring next year year 1 of their rebuild. I was saying that Barnes has game that makes others better. He’s a pass first facilitator that can also get his own shot. I think he’s further progressed than Mobley.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odd thing is I'm not trolling you either.

I was asking you a legit question.

And in typical fashion you got offended.
You don’t have the ability to troll anybody. You get your feelings hurt way too easily. That’s why you internalize posts that are 3 years old. You should think about seeing someone professionally to talk through this stuff. It’s just not healthy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the Raptors have a ton of talent right now and had about 15-20 games at the end of the season when they actually had started to accrue their future pieces. Just read an article today with their coach declaring next year year 1 of their rebuild. I was saying that Barnes has game that makes others better. He’s a pass first facilitator that can also get his own shot. I think he’s further progressed than Mobley.
I mean, Mobley able to help out bad defenders when they make mistakes and being a willing passer isn't game that can make others better?

You can maybe make a case he's further progressed (preferably with actual facts and not factually incorrect comments) but one can certainly be made that Mobley has progressed as much considering he plays with far better players and cannot put up numbers as easily. If we are looking at future also not crazier to think Mobley has more upside.

But I happen to like Barnes a lot and clearly Toronto made a great pick despite, I believe, many ridiculing at time for not taking Suggs.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They’re nets like imo

Maybe one step ahead with quickly and barnes

Now they need to sell poetl and maybe Barrett and drop down again

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,083.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the funniest part is my only pushback is it's some lock Barnes is the much better player - and nearly everyone knows it - and Mobley only does one thing better.
I'm no Cavs fan but I think I would rather pay Mobley a huge deal than Barnes.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he did just ask a bball question and as usual the Question Coward wouldn't answer, so...... :noidea:
He drug up years old comments like a bitch, and then when got no traction he phrased a question that was more attempted insult than basketball question.

If I ask you if you think Bam can win DPOY before you choke to death on all those dicks you probably wouldn't view that as a question.....

Mind you, I don't think you are at risk of penis asphyxiation, the question was just an example to make a point.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair my ideas would them more money

They’re just bitter that some owners aren’t maximizing profit to actually try and win
So you want them to make less money to try to win? Clearly they prefer money, which was the point I was making to that eaglesnut dumdum who thinks he knows how to run things better than the money printing NBA. And someone still wins every year and they make more money besides so not sure where you think you'd help.

The new CBA appears to be about preventing KD Warriors style superteam dynasties. When those happen people bitch, and when there's parity like now people bitch. So they might as well go for the $.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Mobley able to help out bad defenders when they make mistakes and being a willing passer isn't game that can make others better?
Sure. On the defensive end. He doesn’t asset himself on the offensive end.
You can maybe make a case he's further progressed (preferably with actual facts and not factually incorrect comments) but one can certainly be made that Mobley has progressed as much considering he plays with far better players and cannot put up numbers as easily. If we are looking at future also not crazier to think Mobley has more upside.
It’s easier to play the game of basketball when you’re surrounded by better talent. I keep thinking back to the Orlando series and because of the other pieces Mobley was able to get isos on small guards. Those matchups are things he can exploit because he’s surrounded by talent. The game is much easier to play. You seem to want to make this a negative. It’s pretty weird that Barnes is further along and yet Mobley is in the better situation.
But I happen to like Barnes a lot and clearly Toronto made a great pick despite, I believe, many ridiculing at time for not taking Suggs.
Barnes looks better than everyone in that draft so far including Cade and Green

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want them to make less money to try to win? Clearly they prefer money, which was the point I was making to that eaglesnut dumdum who thinks he knows how to run things better than the money printing NBA. And someone still wins every year and they make more money besides so not sure where you think you'd help.

The new CBA appears to be about preventing KD Warriors style superteam dynasties. When those happen people bitch, and when there's parity like now people bitch. So they might as well go for the $.

I just mean that’s why the tax exists

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s your choice. I love Mobley and his potential. I bet on him to win ROTY and he faded when the Cavs faded that season down the stretch. I need to see Mobley assert himself. Maybe this year is the year. He had one half this playoff run where he was virtually unstoppable. Those halves are too few and far between from him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of figured both would get them and can make strong case based on how teams pass out maxes they should have.

Seems like the idea "nearly everyone here" thinks Barnes is better might be off base.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He drug up years old comments like a bitch, and then when got no traction he phrased a question that was more attempted insult than basketball question.

If I ask you if you think Bam can win DPOY before you choke to death on all those dicks you probably wouldn't view that as a question.....

Mind you, I don't think you are at risk of penis asphyxiation, the question was just an example to make a point.
I do get your point but let's be serious....fighten is not much different in his approach.

do you think I'm a Heat fan?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to talk about a basketball topic and you wanted to talk about me. You’re mental. You’re still not talking about basketball and you’re talking about me.
You know what they say, it doesn’t matter if it’s good or bad as long as they are talking about you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. On the defensive end. He doesn’t asset himself on the offensive end.

It’s easier to play the game of basketball when you’re surrounded by better talent. I keep thinking back to the Orlando series and because of the other pieces Mobley was able to get isos on small guards. Those matchups are things he can exploit because he’s surrounded by talent. The game is much easier to play. You seem to want to make this a negative. It’s pretty weird that Barnes is further along and yet Mobley is in the better situation.

Barnes looks better than everyone in that draft so far including Cade and Green
doesn't assert himself to shoot enough but he's a more than willing passer to help out his teammates which is what we were discussing here.

sure it's easier to play sometimes around better players...but it's easier to put up numbers around lesser players, which Barnes has done. But unlike when someone like sexton did that for us, Barnes is not an efficient shooter and is actually inefficient. It's weird you think it's a fact Barnes is further along and you really have no actual facts to make this case. Never mind the factually incorrect comments you tried.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s your choice. I love Mobley and his potential. I bet on him to win ROTY and he faded when the Cavs faded that season down the stretch. I need to see Mobley assert himself. Maybe this year is the year. He had one half this playoff run where he was virtually unstoppable. Those halves are too few and far between from him.
are you at least done saying what I believe you did that nearly everyone here knows Barnes is better?

and while maybe not "virtually unstoppable", Mobley had one hell of a series vs. the Cs going for around 21 and 10 with 3+ assists while shooting 63% overall as though he really is a good offensive player.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,083.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think it's any shock Barnes had a breakout season on a team that won just 25 games? Good player on a bad team? Their wins have declined the last 3 seasons as they try and rebuild.

Mobley plays on a much better team. He might have a breakout season if the Cavs did not add a ball dominant guard like Mitchell and were tearing it down.....

To get the sports talk back rolling in a positive direction.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you at least done saying what I believe you did that nearly everyone here knows Barnes is better?

and while maybe not "virtually unstoppable", Mobley had one hell of a series vs. the Cs going for around 21 and 10 with 3+ assists while shooting 63% overall as though he really is a good offensive player.
Did I say here? Im sorry I misspoke then. I was saying that 90% of basketball fans who aren’t Cavs fans would say Barnes is further along in his development. It seems like @DJ and @Wamu are on your side so maybe I’m wrong considering you have Red Auerbach and John Wooden on your side of the argument.