• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we get it you choose the guy that is a top option a bad team that is more inefficient with a higher volume.

AI has scoring titles while putting up 25+ shots a game. Great player but vastly overrated bc of his low efficiency. I will take the other great player that didn't score as much but is more well-rounded all day, every day.

We haven't seen the finished product from either...most likely so this conversation is pointless.
It’s all sports so it’s all pointless. Is Mobley really an “efficient” player or is he just scared to assert himself? It’s easy to look efficient on paper when you only take wide open shots that you can make. I see a guy who takes 1 three a game and doesn’t have a post game despite being 7 feet tall. How is that efficient? The holy trinity of efficiency in basketball is 3s, layups/dunks, foul shots. He doesn’t take threes and he doesn’t have the post up game to score close or to get to the line with regularity.

The claim that Mobley is efficient seems to be a product of him being meek in asserting himself.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some would say the same about Okie-homa. Not me.

LOL.
Well no one should say that about anywhere without actually spending a little time there. I have been to Cleveland many times. Actually it’s not that bad but with their sports history it’s a fun thing for all.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I have. Barnes isn’t the defender Mobley is but Barnes is far more evolved offensively as both a scorer and facilitator. Mobley plays too timid and doesn’t assert himself. You just don’t like my argument. You want to do silly things like try and show shots taken their rookie year as some end all be all. Ironically, in their rookie years Barnes was the guy playing with more talent around him and still asserted himself enough to become rookie of the year. The Cavs were a top 4 seed early in Mobley’s rookie year and then faded when Sexton was injured. The Cavs needed someone else to step up with Garland and Mobley didn’t really do that. As the Cavs have added Mitchell LeVert and even ham and eggers like Strus he really hasn’t taken any bigger bite out of the offense.

Just because you don’t like my argument doesn’t mean I haven’t made an argument.
I'll go sentence by sentence after you said "sure I have".....
1) not a fact
2) not a fact (though agree could be more assertive)
3) OK, that is true since it is mostly baseless opinions
4) That's just a lie as never said it's end all be all...used to refute your factually incorrect comment
5) mostly opinion until you said Barnes won ROTY - FYI, Cavs only finished 4 games behind Toronto so not exactly so much less talent around him (Garland was an all star)
6) another factually incorrect comment though as usual doubtful you will own it. The Cavs were actually playing really well and were a 2-3 seed well after sexton went down (which was only 11 or so games in). The fade was when Allen went down for final 2 months and, ironically, when Mobley missed significant time.
7) Hard for Mobley to step up when he was also out though since you are still saying this as though the slide was when Sexton went down you remain factually incorrect
8) whoa....a team added a ball dominant scoring guard and a couple other scorers and another player did not pick up his scoring? Stop the presses. But he did become far more efficient.
9) You have attempted to make an argument but as I've shown you it contains few facts and more factually incorrect comments than actual facts. You even added more factually incorrect comments.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn’t want to have a basketball discussion. You wanted to bring up what I’ve said about Jokic. You’re really not as clever as you think you are. You’re very womanish but I have to say, I love your purse.

View attachment 367132

Hey you've called Jokic a "fat and sloppy systems player" many times.

***********Luka plays even less defense than Jokic. <----pay close attention to that (that's why I mentioned him). I'll say it again for you...Luka plays less defense than Jokic. Do you understand that????????

So I'm wondering what dumb things you'll be saying about him (Luka) this season if he's the preseason frontrunner for MVP.

I've already told you this. Maybe this time you'll actually pay attention. But I doubt it.

If you don't understand that I've now told you multiple times about Luka's lack of defense then you're just being your typical overly stubborn self.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s all sports so it’s all pointless. Is Mobley really an “efficient” player or is he just scared to assert himself? It’s easy to look efficient on paper when you only take wide open shots that you can make. I see a guy who takes 1 three a game and doesn’t have a post game despite being 7 feet tall. How is that efficient? The holy trinity of efficiency in basketball is 3s, layups/dunks, foul shots. He doesn’t take threes and he doesn’t have the post up game to score close or to get to the line with regularity.

The claim that Mobley is efficient seems to be a product of him being meek in asserting himself.
Yes, he's an efficient player and your "he doesn't have a post game" is another baseless opinion. He does take some 3s and he's been a lot better with them than a wing who should be able to hit 3s.

a number of guys who take 11-12 shots/game or less, are big guys and cannot hit 58% of them. Here is a list of all the players who go for 15-16 ppg or more, 9 or more rpg and hit 58% of their shots......Mobley, Allen, Jokic, Giannis and Sabonis.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,083.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, it's funny....

Nash and Redick had no coaching experience whatsoever. But, they get head coaching gigs. Meanwhile black folks have to start out as an assistant coach and even then....Sam Cassell cannot land a job.

SMH.

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,083.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no one should say that about anywhere without actually spending a little time there. I have been to Cleveland many times. Actually it’s not that bad but with their sports history it’s a fun thing for all.
Lived in Oklahoma for a while, Midwest City I think.

If I remember right....it was a suburb of OKC.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, it's funny....

Nash and Redick had no coaching experience whatsoever. But, they get head coaching gigs. Meanwhile black folks have to start out as an assistant coach and even then....Sam Cassell cannot land a job.

SMH.
Yea, Shaq mentioned that recently and really everything Shaquille stated about Cassell was factually correct.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you've called Jokic a "fat and sloppy systems player" many times.

***********Luka plays even less defense than Jokic. <----pay close attention to that (that's why I mentioned him). I'll say it again for you...Luka plays less defense than Jokic. Do you understand that????????

So I'm wondering what dumb things you'll be saying about him (Luka) this season if he's the preseason frontrunner for MVP.

I've already told you this. Maybe this time you'll actually pay attention. But I doubt it.

If you don't understand that I've now told you multiple times about Luka's lack of defense then you're just being your typical overly stubborn self.
I gave you every opportunity to have a discussion about basketball today, Nancy. It’s probably time to pack your cubicle and call it a day and start your weekend. You had a bad day here today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Maybe crack that same Harden strip club joke you love and that might cheer you up.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lived in Oklahoma for a while, Midwest City I think.

If I remember right....it was a suburb of OKC.
Yeah a not very nice suburb. It’s east of the OKC. You come back think West, Yukon area.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,083.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he's an efficient player and your "he doesn't have a post game" is another baseless opinion. He does take some 3s and he's been a lot better with them than a wing who should be able to hit 3s.

a number of guys who take 11-12 shots/game or less, are big guys and cannot hit 58% of them. Here is a list of all the players who go for 15-16 ppg or more, 9 or more rpg and hit 58% of their shots......Mobley, Allen, Jokic, Giannis and Sabonis.
Atkinson needs to get him more FGA's for sure, especially if they flip Allen for a wing.

And I think they need to eventually move Allen. Mitchell shooting a lot and Allen there is hurting Mob IMO.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lived there for 6-8 months I think.

Will not be living in OK again.
It’s a hell of a lot nicer than Henderson that’s for damn sure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atkinson needs to get him more FGA's for sure, especially if they flip Allen for a wing.

And I think they need to eventually move Allen. Mitchell shootig a lot and Allen there is hurting Mob IMO.
he does need more shots, but doubt Allen is going anywhere. Win a lot more when he played than not and guessing Atkinson liked him in his time with the Nets together?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,083.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he does need more shots, but doubt Allen is going anywhere. Win a lot more when he played than not and guessing Atkinson liked him in his time with the Nets together?
The Cavs have some tough financial decisions ahead after paying Mitchell his extension plus Mobley due for one, LeVert coming off the books next summer (with no cap space to find a replacement) and Allen an expiring contract in '25-26.

That does not include Mitchell's extension or Mobley getting the bag. Flip Allen for a wing would help.