• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude must be high as kite. Miami was winning, Philly wasn't

What was Miami winning last year? Finished a game behind the Embiid-less Sixers.

Heat culture taking a public hit. Of course, as a Lakers fan that has dealt with this shit, beware the Miami Heat undrafted FA and the injury bug.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ousman Dieng may be available for a project for someone if he doesn’t play better the rest of rookie league.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's about not understanding that, it's that he doesn't do you any good if he's not healthy for the playoffs. It's similar to AD with the Lakers...he's been healthy for the playoffs 3 times and they've gotten a title and a run to the WCF.

Healthy Embiid in the playoffs puts you in the ECF at minimum...but when has he been healthy?

Not necessarily saying he should be traded now. But there's a point where, if you wait too long, you won't be able to move him and get much back.
And I’m prepared to live with that. I’ve watched my team “not win a championship” for the last 41 years haha. I’m not starting over when in my mind I would be ecstatic if Embiid plays 12-13 years and one time they win a championship. You can always dump a guy and get bad and try and rebuild. A talent like Embiid doesn’t come a franchise’s way often. The last two for me have involved players (Barkley and AI) being shipped for peanuts. The justification was rebuilding for a championship because it didn’t happen with that player. Welp…didn’t happen with the rebuild either. I’m choosing these two things every time:
1) a compelling follow
2) a chance at a championship

You don’t get those if you trade Embiid.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whose watched Detroit enough to know whether or not the Cade Cunningham is smart or a huge mistake?

I am an anti-tank guy. But some of these max deals, knowing that you can only hand one more out after this one, might have me changing my mind. With the limited deals you can do, it might be the deals you avoid handing out might be just as important as the ones you do hand out.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,229.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said you did. Odd thing to say.

I was asking you a question.

Any reason why you won't answer?
Ok sorry no Luka isn’t. Not yet he needs to win a little more

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok sorry no Luka isn’t. Not yet he needs to win a little more

Thanks for the answer. Wasn't trying to get anything going. It was just a legit question.

And the word elite gets thrown around a little too much.

Is Tatum elite? I don't know. I'd say needs another ring to be in that conversation for sure.

But then again Giannis is elite and only has one ring. But he's a helluva defender. Can't say that about TJ.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whose watched Detroit enough to know whether or not the Cade Cunningham is smart or a huge mistake?

I am an anti-tank guy. But some of these max deals, knowing that you can only hand one more out after this one, might have me changing my mind. With the limited deals you can do, it might be the deals you avoid handing out might be just as important as the ones you do hand out.
He was good last year.

I personally don’t see him as a #1 or a max player.

But he is on that team.

I’m of the belief that he could have played more than he did the first 2 seasons.

I think they were sandbagging and tanking harder by purposely dragging out the time he sat.

They kinda didn’t have a choice but to pay him.

Here’s hoping he lives up to the deal like Harden after the OKC trade and doesn’t go the way of Otto Porter Jr.

That Dude should have been prosecuted.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the answer. Wasn't trying to get anything going. It was just a legit question.

And the word elite gets thrown around a little too much.

Is Tatum elite? I don't know. I'd say needs another ring to be in that conversation for sure.

But then again Giannis is elite and only has one ring. But he's a helluva defender. Can't say that about TJ.
I think Tatum is very close based on the competition in the NBA Today.

Historically?

No.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeRozan was a horrible acquisition for them because he doesn’t translate as a complimentary player in the modern NBA. He can’t defend his position and he can’t shoot from distance so he can’t space the floor. In fact, he’s going to get in the way. Sabonis likes to operate as a facilitator in which DeRozan has to work to maximize his mid range. He’s a minus for Sabonis. And now DeRozan’s cover can sag in the lane to defend Fox drive and finish/ drive and kick.

This screams “Let’s acquire a name that has become a depressed asset to sell to our fanbase that we’re moving forward.”

Happy New Year GIF

He's back!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sorry I let you all down and left the dumb Sixers fans like @Iggloo and @eaglesnut in charge during my hiatus. I will act more responsibly going forward.

This is it! Every year it seems that Maxey has added to his game and has made huge leaps. This is the next step for him. His old man had been singing this song for years according to Tyrese and he never listened to the importance. In the Offs they’re going to take away 3s and push your range back and they’re going to protect the rim. That means that often the best shot on the floor is the midrange.

This is the summer piece he adds this year. Was surprised to see some of these names. I had perceived them to be good midrange guys (aka Jimmy Buckets)