• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs will most likely run their offense through Mobley this year. It seems like the smart thing to do with any talented big like Denver does with Joker.
Obviously I’ve been missing. Have we talked about the fact that a big reason why Bickerstaff is gone is because of the slow development of Mobley? Is this a reality that @dtgold88 can own now that it cost the head coach his job?

Mobley is the key to that franchise being a real contender. Without him becoming the first option or at least 1B to an All NBA caliber Mitchell the Cavs don’t have a group that can compete for a title. That’s a must for them to get to that level.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is playing PF?
They don’t really have one. They have 3 wings that will be matchup dependent in PG, Martin, and Oubre. All three are long. I think Nurse will run some more zone this year as well to take advantage of the length they have and to more easily keep Embiid around the rim. You give up rebounding in zone but fuck it this team already can’t rebound haha.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a league where OG Anunoby gets 40 million a year and FVV gets 42.5 million a year how is PG a bad contract? I don’t get it. If a team wants to compete for a championship they need 3 options to do so. In 2028 50 million for PG is likely going to be a tradeable contract if the Sixers want to move on. Shit…$50 million in an expiring? That’s definitely going to be valued.
It's not that it is a ton of money, it's his game translating with age.
He said he was trying to translate his game with age but if he doesn't his game does not translate with age. He takes a lot of contested jumpers and has bad shot selection at times. He rarely drives like he did when he was younger. He only took it to the rim like 18% of the time but he doesn't need to do that on this Philly team bc you have Embiid and Maxey. It's a great fit for him but unless he revamps his game, I don't believe his game translates with age is my point. We are talking about a volume shooter that takes tough shots, I think he will get more open looks in Philly. Better hope he isn't that guy in the playoffs but like I said, I actually love the fit and he is basically a 3rd option and can carry the offense which is a huge key.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he was trying to translate his game with age but if he doesn't his game does not translate with age. He takes a lot of contested jumpers and has bad shot selection at times. He rarely drives like he did when he was younger. He only took it to the rim like 18% of the time but he doesn't need to do that on this Philly team bc you have Embiid and Maxey. It's a great fit for him but unless he revamps his game, I don't believe his game translates with age is my point. We are talking about a volume shooter that takes tough shots, I think he will get more open looks in Philly. Better hope he isn't that guy in the playoffs but like I said, I actually love the fit and he is basically a 3rd option and can carry the offense which is a huge key.

His game needs to die in a fire

Immediately

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings were 16th in 3% before trading Barnes and Huerter (if he gets dealt).

Adding DD and Kuzma means you have 2 overall better players but they aren't as good from the perimeter.

Looks good on paper but they will be bottom 10 in perimeter shooting. Maybe even bottom 5.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched PG? His game isn’t built on explosiveness. Additionally, like CP3 and Bron he’s already evolving his game. He has game that will age well. 75% of what he’s been is one of the best 3rd options in the league.
He said he was trying to translate his game with age but if he doesn't his game does not translate with age. He takes a lot of contested jumpers and has bad shot selection at times.
That’s been as a one or two option. He’s not that guy anymore. I agree. He will never be asked to be more than a 3rd option for the Sixers. If he is that means Embiid or Maxey is hurt and they’re fucked anyway. It won’t be about PG being unable to be a 1 or 2.
He rarely drives like he did when he was younger. He only took it to the rim like 18% of the time but he doesn't need to do that on this Philly team bc you have Embiid and Maxey. It's a great fit for him but unless he revamps his game, I don't believe his game translates with age is my point. We are talking about a volume shooter that takes tough shots, I think he will get more open looks in Philly. Better hope he isn't that guy in the playoffs but like I said, I actually love the fit and he is basically a 3rd option and can carry the offense which is a huge key.
And at 34 they need to get him to 36-37 and then he’s an expiring with immense value.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a poor man’s BBall Paul. Undersized 5 because he can’t shoot.
Yep and hopefully he resigns with the Knicks. Gonna need more rebounders with Ike gone and Mitch always getting hurt.
They also still might try going for Reed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and hopefully he resigns with the Knicks. Gonna need more rebounders with Ike gone and Mitch always getting hurt.
They also still might try going for Reed.
It would be great for both Knicks and Reed for that to happen which is why I don’t want to see it haha.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,229.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he needs to do a little more to end the debate if you ask me.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s continue to ignore that Huerter had the shittiest season of his career last season and talk him up because it fits your silly narrative
He needs a new head band

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, Huerter/Barnes did not even rank top 3 on the Kings in 3 pt attempts per game

Also, Trey Lyles can do exactly what Barnes did from 3

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is right but that isn't the issue...the issue is...he is never healthy, like basically never. So what if he can't stay healthy these next playoffs? Do you run it back again and just dream he can stay healthy. I think all we are saying is it will come to a point where you have to trade him bc he is unreliable, a ridiculous, freak, great player but...tbh he already is unreliable to an extent. Now is obviously not the time to trade him but with no title, a bad PG contract and Embiid still getting hurt that could happen eventually and it isn't that unrealistic. Lets hope this is the year he can stay healthy.
They need 'The Embiid Rules'.

1. No chasedown blocks
2. No diving. Over scoring tables. Chairs. Rows. Only when faking being fouled.
3. No back to backs, unless he only played 3 quarters the night before. Fu@k the league rules. Left knee soreness every game.
4. At any point if he looks hurt, take him out, bubble wrap him, and rest until 100%
5. No unnecessary jumping. Leaving the ground is the probably the biggest trauma to his legs/knees. Especially when there is a large group of players around him. More chances of landing on someone awkwardly.

The regular season is for tuning.
Staying healthy is more important than any seed.
Ultimately, you have to beat Boston in Boston, so if you cannot beat any other Eastern team on their own court, you don't belong there.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positions don’t matter
Finally! The Sixers are finally embracing the idea of positionless basketball. I think Oubre or PG gets the cover of the opponents 4 because of their length. Martin is in that mix but he’s better suited to be the top cover of the team’s best perimeter player.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched PG? His game isn’t built on explosiveness. Additionally, like CP3 and Bron he’s already evolving his game. He has game that will age well. 75% of what he’s been is one of the best 3rd options in the league.

That’s been as a one or two option. He’s not that guy anymore. I agree. He will never be asked to be more than a 3rd option for the Sixers. If he is that means Embiid or Maxey is hurt and they’re fucked anyway. It won’t be about PG being unable to be a 1 or 2.

And at 34 they need to get him to 36-37 and then he’s an expiring with immense value.
He rarely drives. Explosiveness? 18% of the time. He settles.

He won't have a ton of value at 36-37 but I will say this...if he can't win a title in Philly as a 3rd option he won't be very desirable at all even as an expiring deal.

Everything I have said goes out the window if he can be a 2nd or 3rd on a championship team.