• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DeRozan trade still has me scratching the head. If we are being fair and we ask what does DD still have to make him elite it’s the 4th quarter scoring. Dude can sure close and he still does that. Last year though Fox and DD were 1 and 2 in 4th Q scoring. One basketball. I guess they think having both is a net positive and it won’t be these guys stepping on each other’s toes. Weird.
Horrible fit.

That’s why they better PRAY Huerter rounds back into form.

The spacing gonna be bad.

You gotta start Ellis unless you want to give up 175 ppg.

Dude is not all world defense.

But he’s the best one they have.

Dealing Huerter and parts for Kuzma gives the starting lineup more balance.

Sabonis, Kuz, Demar, Ellis, Fox.

But what happens with Murray?

They should have gone after Kuz instead of Demar….imo

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, it still made little sense and the Houston one too. Those are the only teams that could realistically make the move. How realistic? Very low chance. If someone got Zion into basketball shape it is the best return Philly could get....easily. Zion, keeping his body in shape, is an unstoppable force. Dude is always playing injured and still putting up ridiculous stats. Sound familiar?

None of this plan works for the Sixers if their injury prone players don't stay healthy and if they don't....they are stuck with an old PG13 and nobody will want that contract. I think for once this could work for Philly but it won't be easy
It’s the eternal story. Can Embiid stay healthy. Perfect world the Sixers get Embiid/Maxey/PG about 25-30 games of run together before playoffs but Embiid and PG only play 55-60 games to keep the wear and tear down and finally they can deliver a healthy 21 to the playoffs.

Here’s what these “trade Embiid” nimrods don’t understand. If Embiid is healthy he’s one of 7-8 guys in the league that you look at and say he can be the best player in the playoffs for 6-7 weeks. Those guys are ridiculously difficult to find. It just sucks that the Sixers rendition of this is a Big with an injury history. The decision to “get bad” and tank is always available. This franchise hasn’t won in over 40 years! Why some losers want them to take peanuts on the dollar to start over again makes no sense to me. You can’t build around a 6’2’’ combo guard as your best player. That’s life as a 4-6 seed for years.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come playoffs they only need like 7.5-8 guys. They have these guys as guarantees to be in playoff rotation:
1. Embiid
2. Maxey
3. PG
4. Caleb Martin
5. Kelly Oubre
6. Drummond

After that they have some “maybes”. I like the kid they just drafted McCain. He is a catch and shoot guy and he has some FVV kind of potential to him. He’s a rookie though so we will see. What does Eric Gordon have left? Not sure but it would be great if he could be a 10-12 minute a night guy in the playoffs. Watch out for Ricky Council. This dude is the new BBall Paul. He is sufficiently weird in how he looks playing the game. He shouldn’t make sense and yet when he’s been given the chance, he’s balled. He could be an energy guy.

They’ll use the vet minimum market to get a back up PG like Lowry and maybe one more wing.

Plus they’ll make the trade eventually of the KJ Martin balloon payment.
Who is the .5 guy?

LOL.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was also 30 million dollars worth of doesn’t fit and it fucks with Harden. It was all nonsense to net

< checks notes>

A 2027 protected first.

You keep saying the Clippers have 3 picks in 7 years. Does that shit change much having 4 picks in 7 years?
You can always buy some 2nd rounders....just need good scouting.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible fit.

It sounds like a clusterfuck either way. It seems like they are just putting nice pieces together but the puzzle does not fit. I smell desperation. It will come to the point where they will trade Fox. I highly doubt he will extend if they are a 1st round out or play-in.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
….and one gets bumped to pick 30, no matter if they finish DEAD FUCKING LAST, if they stay in the tax.

I can’t believe I didn’t see through that fuckery he was spewing….lol

It’s a tough road to follow cause I can’t have you giving okc good picks either

So gotta phuck them both over

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I don’t think they care to run their offense through Sabonis for buckets at least late in games. Going to be the fox and derozan sure or at least it should be
I think running the offense through Sabonis is the only thing they have that could make them “special”. Time will tell but I think for this group to actually make noise Sabonis needs to find another level.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the eternal story. Can Embiid stay healthy. Perfect world the Sixers get Embiid/Maxey/PG about 25-30 games of run together before playoffs but Embiid and PG only play 55-60 games to keep the wear and tear down and finally they can deliver a healthy 21 to the playoffs.

Here’s what these “trade Embiid” nimrods don’t understand. If Embiid is healthy he’s one of 7-8 guys in the league that you look at and say he can be the best player in the playoffs for 6-7 weeks. Those guys are ridiculously difficult to find. It just sucks that the Sixers rendition of this is a Big with an injury history. The decision to “get bad” and tank is always available. This franchise hasn’t won in over 40 years! Why some losers want them to take peanuts on the dollar to start over again makes no sense to me. You can’t build around a 6’2’’ combo guard as your best player. That’s life as a 4-6 seed for years.
The bold is right but that isn't the issue...the issue is...he is never healthy, like basically never. So what if he can't stay healthy these next playoffs? Do you run it back again and just dream he can stay healthy. I think all we are saying is it will come to a point where you have to trade him bc he is unreliable, a ridiculous, freak, great player but...tbh he already is unreliable to an extent. Now is obviously not the time to trade him but with no title, a bad PG contract and Embiid still getting hurt that could happen eventually and it isn't that unrealistic. Lets hope this is the year he can stay healthy.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the .5 guy?

LOL.
I’m counting a potential dude that can give like 6 minutes to bridge the gap for off minutes. Like a dude like Kyle Lowry who would play a 3 minute segment to give Maxey a rest in both halves without the half court offense falling apart. I think 10-12 minutes is like standard for a bench guy to play in playoffs. But you can get away with one of your 8 guys in rotation just bleeding 5-6 minutes to give starters a quick rest.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think running the offense through Sabonis is the only thing they have that could make them “special”. Time will tell but I think for this group to actually make noise Sabonis needs to find another level.
The Cavs will most likely run their offense through Mobley this year. It seems like the smart thing to do with any talented big like Denver does with Joker.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon put up 11ppg last season off the bench for the Suns. Pretty efficient too.

44% and 38%.

Why the hate?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we even count Gordon as .5? He might be .25
It depends on what he’s asked to do. Hidden in a zone on defense. Catch and shoot/corner 3 guy as the 5th option on offense for the ball to go to late in shot clock. He can be serviceable. I’ll take him over Georges Niang haha.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is right but that isn't the issue...the issue is...he is never healthy, like basically never. So what if he can't stay healthy these next playoffs? Do you run it back again and just dream he can stay healthy. I think all we are saying is it will come to a point where you have to trade him bc he is unreliable, a ridiculous, freak, great player but...tbh he already is unreliable to an extent. Now is obviously not the time to trade him but with no title, a bad PG contract and Embiid still getting hurt that could happen eventually and it isn't that unrealistic. Lets hope this is the year he can stay healthy.
Yes. You play out Joel Embiid until he retires or he begs out and demands a trade. You don’t willingly trade unicorns.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible fit.

They are trying to add Kuzma allegedly. For Huerter.

LOL.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is right but that isn't the issue...the issue is...he is never healthy, like basically never. So what if he can't stay healthy these next playoffs? Do you run it back again and just dream he can stay healthy. I think all we are saying is it will come to a point where you have to trade him bc he is unreliable, a ridiculous, freak, great player but...tbh he already is unreliable to an extent. Now is obviously not the time to trade him but with no title, a bad PG contract and Embiid still getting hurt that could happen eventually and it isn't that unrealistic. Let’s hope this is the year he can stay healthy.
In a league where OG Anunoby gets 40 million a year and FVV gets 42.5 million a year how is PG a bad contract? I don’t get it. If a team wants to compete for a championship they need 3 options to do so. In 2028 50 million for PG is likely going to be a tradeable contract if the Sixers want to move on. Shit…$50 million in an expiring? That’s definitely going to be valued.