• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It was take on Caleb Martin or keep BBall Paul. I will miss my guy and go to my grave disappointed that no one in the organization gave him a legitimate chance to play alongside Embiid.

Morey’s vision isn’t mine. Caleb Martin is a better player than BBall Paul. I will own that. However, I think their best starting 5 would have been Maxey, Oubre, PG, Paul Reed, Embiid. I think the Sixers lack for rebounding with this group. My call is that come deadline Sixers will be looking for rebounding.

This is why I’m the only weirdo in the world following the FA of Marcus Morris Sr. I can’t find another 4 type who can shoot 3s league average and rebound.
Didn't seem like much of a rebounder to me and often lazy....but man there were sure some games he could get hot from 3.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On NBA today Ramona Shelburne on the Kings adding DD.

"The Kings got smaller and they play in the WC. Where teams are getting bigger. Losing Harrison Barnes is a difficult pill to swallow."

They didnt really get smaller.

Murray is the exact same size as Harrison Barnes is. He'll be their "PF". Derozan slots in at the "SF" and he is only like 1" smaller and a few pounds lighter than Barnes and Murray. And Hueter is a pretty big SG.

They lack beef.....but no more beef than they lacked last season. Barnes was criminally overrated. And he never has played enough defense for a team to actually miss.

Obviously Derozan will help the Kings. But their improvement lies with Murray. He has the potential to really explode next season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I’ve been missing. Have we talked about the fact that a big reason why Bickerstaff is gone is because of the slow development of Mobley? Is this a reality that @dtgold88 can own now that it cost the head coach his job?

Mobley is the key to that franchise being a real contender. Without him becoming the first option or at least 1B to an All NBA caliber Mitchell the Cavs don’t have a group that can compete for a title. That’s a must for them to get to that level.
Mobley improved every season (would have liked more in 23-24 but he improved...especially his efficiency on O) but sure. JB was likely gone barring anything but a Finals appearance. which is fine.

But agree Mobley needs to be the 1 or 1A at least as the team is currently constructed. I do think a big move could happen....but my guess is Altman told the truth and they will run it back and see how we do with hopefully good health and a different coach (and, yes, young guys still improving as they reach their peak seasons).

Gotta figure out what to do with Okoro before much else can be done it seems......and have a feeling this FO as well as his teammates would like him to stick around.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Luka finished 3rd in MVP voting.

Hey over/under 70 games played for Embiid next season? He's never played that many in a single season.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka finished 3rd in MVP voting.

Hey over/under 70 games played for Embiid next season? He's never played that many in a single season.
Hopefully 15 games and then the whole playoffs. I already knew you couldn't read.

The vorpters! The vorpters! Never stop being a woman, wamu.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It better be hou and 3 Phoenix firsts…
And houston will still be nothing special. Unless Green becomes more than just a guy that team is not taking the next step

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully 15 games and then the whole playoffs. I already knew you couldn't read.

The vorpters! The vorpters! Never stop being a woman, wamu.

Did your brain stop working again? I called you a walnut brain for saying this...

Yes, Luka, the real mvp, is elite.

Seems that you're the one with the reading issues.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whose watched Detroit enough to know whether or not the Cade Cunningham is smart or a huge mistake?

I am an anti-tank guy. But some of these max deals, knowing that you can only hand one more out after this one, might have me changing my mind. With the limited deals you can do, it might be the deals you avoid handing out might be just as important as the ones you do hand out.
thinking pretty much had to be done or risk losing him at some point while he's still really young.

Just how it is.....max deals handed out like candy when should be for the elite.