• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for the Orioles the OKC Thunder of the MLB.

Seriously though, I love what your team has done. I wouldn’t mind Morey following Presti’s work like a hyena and feasting on scraps the same way Isaiah Joe went to the Thunder.

I told you how this would go though right? They weren’t winning it all last year. It was a fact finding mission for front office and a chance to get guys experience. Mission accomplished. You got a dude with some touch who can play make while rebounding and defending 5s so Chet can lurk off ball and block shots. Then you get a two way guy in Caruso? You didn’t need to send a single one of the arsenal of picks to make this happen?

Chefs kiss.
One of the things I like the most that Presti has done is with guys like Dort, Joe and Wiggins. Joe and Wiggins were under contract cheap this year. Presti tore up the contracts and gave them both multi year deals. Same thing with Dort. A lot of trust building has taken place.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I like the most that Presti has done is with guys like Dort, Joe and Wiggins. Joe and Wiggins were under contract cheap this year. Presti tore up the contracts and gave them both multi year deals. Same thing with Dort. A lot of trust building has taken place.
So nice to identify the role players that fit around your stars and get some cost control. I think Thunder have the top group in the West but the West is tough with multiple threats.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for the Orioles the OKC Thunder of the MLB.

Seriously though, I love what your team has done. I wouldn’t mind Morey following Presti’s work like a hyena and feasting on scraps the same way Isaiah Joe went to the Thunder.

I told you how this would go though right? They weren’t winning it all last year. It was a fact finding mission for front office and a chance to get guys experience. Mission accomplished. You got a dude with some touch who can play make while rebounding and defending 5s so Chet can lurk off ball and block shots. Then you get a two way guy in Caruso? You didn’t need to send a single one of the arsenal of picks to make this happen?

Chefs kiss.
It's absolutely fucking disgusting what Presti has done this summer.

SMH.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nice to identify the role players that fit around your stars and get some cost control. I think Thunder have the top group in the West but the West is tough with multiple threats.
They are the same as the Cavs. They will only go as far as their young players take them. We know both have stars but those #2 and #3 guys will define their fate

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the same as the Cavs. They will only go as far as their young players take them. We know both have stars but those #2 and #3 guys will define their fate
I think the Thunder are built more cohesively with an identity and a philosophy. I think Cavs are still searching for theirs. Thunder look for long, switchable, two way players who share the ball around the attention Shai gets. The other two members of the Big 3 don’t need to be stars for this to work out for them. Chet and JDubb aren’t there yet and they were still number one seed in the West. The Cavs are starting over with their coach. I would say job one is coaching and front office nail this down and then get working to establish that identity.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Thunder are built more cohesively with an identity and a philosophy. I think Cavs are still searching for theirs. Thunder look for long, switchable, two way players who share the ball around the attention Shai gets. The other two members of the Big 3 don’t need to be stars for this to work out for them. Chet and JDubb aren’t there yet and they were still number one seed in the West. The Cavs are starting over with their coach. I would say job one is coaching and front office nail this down and then get working to establish that identity.
Great points.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @dtgold88 @WiggyRuss identity wise who do you want them to be? Do you need to move pieces to set that up? If so who goes? Sorry if there are other Cav fans I didn’t tag.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Atkinson was a really good hire.

Would have preferred him to Redick but I think JJ actually has a good plan in place for the Lakers. We shall see if it pans out.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Atkinson was a really good hire.

Would have preferred him to Redick but I think JJ actually has a good plan in place for the Lakers. We shall see if it pans out.
This was a feast or famine hire. You either hired a basketball savant who will be one of the best of his generation or a tough high profile job as your first job eats the guy up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they did hire a new coach but the main point overall was…if the #2 and #3 don’t grow then they aren’t winning shit. Garland regressed (injured too, sure) and Mobley didn’t take that leap under Bickerstaff.
You can have an identity but all that goes to shit if your key guys don’t develop into what we imagined. And just bc they are young doesn’t mean a whole lot. We’ve seen a lot of teams that look great potential wise and they just never get over the hump.
What if Manu and Tony P are just guys? I mean not the best example but it’s the case for both the teams

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a feast or famine hire. You either hired a basketball savant who will be one of the best of his generation or a tough high profile job as your first job eats the guy up.
Yeah I mean it will be either good or bad. Can’t disagree lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they did hire a new coach but the main point overall was…if the #2 and #3 don’t grow then they aren’t winning shit. Garland regressed (injured too, sure) and Mobley didn’t take that leap under Bickerstaff.
You can have an identity but all that goes to shit if your key guys don’t develop into what we imagined. And just bc they are young doesn’t mean a whole lot. We’ve seen a lot of teams that look great potential wise and they just never get over the hump.
What if Manu and Tony P are just guys? I mean not the best example but it’s the case for both the teams
Talent is a very important factor. I agree.