• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @Shanemansj13

Not sure if he's right but seems like Pluto not as sure as many that Borrego is the frontrunner and Atkinson still very much in play (his choice) FWIW.

I'd be fine with either.....not that either is an exciting hire.
That's what I heard as well.

I heard there was actually a top 3 that impressed after two rounds of interviews: Borrego, Atkinson and Nori.

Like I said before I love the intrigue of Atkinson with player development and his offenses but I would be happy with him or Borrego. I lean Atkinson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I heard as well.

I heard there was actually a top 3 that impressed after two rounds of interviews: Borrego, Atkinson and Nori.

Like I said before I love the intrigue of Atkinson with player development and his offenses but I would be happy with him or Borrego. I lean Atkinson
I agree...not sure happy is the right word as much as a "sure...why not?".

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...not sure happy is the right word as much as a "sure...why not?".
Well considering those seem to be the "top two" options out there to choose from I would be happy to get one of them. Just hope their player development and offensive scheme is not worse than JB

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be true. But the Lakers can do whatever they want. They could have hired Phil Handy after he was fired, but they didn't do that. Maybe he didn't want the job either. we shall see how this plays out.

They could, however, while the head coach is the publicized firing by the media, assistants usually get axed too as it's seen by the organization as a failure of the entire staff, not just the HC.

Unless it's a situation where the assistants were giving him advice and he just ignored it...it's unlikely that an assistant would be retained as HC.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering those seem to be the "top two" options out there to choose from I would be happy to get one of them. Just hope their player development and offensive scheme is not worse than JB
That's fair.......guess just really no one out there who would be an exciting hire (and that's fine).

Thought our top 10 offensive scheme was nice in 2023....but clearly the tweaks in 2024 didn't work as well as hoped, though injuries didn't help. Can only hope that improves and can remain an elite D (or at least really good). IF core 4 stays I am curious to see how they do IF healthy and under a new leader.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could, however, while the head coach is the publicized firing by the media, assistants usually get axed too as it's seen by the organization as a failure of the entire staff, not just the HC.

Unless it's a situation where the assistants were giving him advice and he just ignored it...it's unlikely that an assistant would be retained as HC.
True.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to think who had the most success. Probably missing someone (or more than 1) but maybe Bird?

Maybe Tomjanovic...clearly not Bird level as a player but he was a damn good player pre-punch
Bird is the only one even close. I guess was a good coach, not HOF level though, no titles, etc. Of course a few HOF coaches didn't win titles either like Don Nelson

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird is the only one even close. I guess was a good coach, not HOF level though, no titles, etc. Of course a few HOF coaches didn't win titles either like Don Nelson
Close to what? Being a good coach?

Rudy T and Lenny wilkens were probably better coaches than Bird (not as good as players but damn good).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Healthy AD and Chet would be scary as hell.

Talk about Twin Towers. lol
Yeah that is scary. It isn't right for both teams.

Lakers get the more long-term answer with Lebron in his final years, not ideal.
Thunder get the better player right now and become true top of the west contenders and championship contenders imo but Jalen fits with their long-term plans

Last edited: